Author Topic: iViri Setup and User Guide  (Read 5624 times)

Offline jpete7683

iViri Setup and User Guide
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:33:00 pm »
v1.0
UI 5 supported only, working on UI 6 for a future release but NOT YET SUPPORTED
Requires these 5 fields to be populated:
   IVIRI CONNECTION SETUP
   1.) Mios Username
   2.) Mios Password
   3.) Local IP
   4.) Mios Fwd Server
   5.) Serial Number

With the release of v1.1 coming later this week you will only be required to implement and setup the Mios Username, Mios Password and Local IP address.  For users with more than 1 vera you most likely share the same username/password and as long as you change the IP address to the other vera and blank out the Serial Number and Forwarding Server it will auto populate, this is for v1.1 and above, for v1.0 it does not support share vera units on the same account.

FYI - After entering each of the above connection information please select a different field to make sure that these values stick, there is an issue with apple sometimes where if you enter your serial number and don't hit return or select a different text box to deselect off of the serial number that it won't save it as a default.  After entering this you can always kill off the Settings App on the iPhone and relaunch and navigate back down to iViri to make sure these 5 settings are set.  This is only needed for v1.0!!!  All version above v1.0 will only require username/password/ip_address.

How to get to iViri Settings
On your iDevice, Open the iDevices Settings App --> Navigate/scroll down to iViri.

Settings And What They Mean
Mios Username = The user name that you use when connecting through cp.mios.com to your device
Mios Password = Needs to be populated for remote access using the mios fwd'ing server
Local IP = The IP address of your Vera Unit on your home network
Mios Fwd Server = The forwarding server used by mios to redirect back to your Vera unit.  See [1] how to retrieve this information for users on v1.0
Serial Number = The serial number of your vera device, needed for remote access, however v1.0 needs it populated otherwise it will fail to connect and crash.  See [2] how to retrieve this information for the user on v1.0.

Allow Custom Room Images = When enabled and the iViri app is relaunched the room view will allow you to set a custom image for the room when you tap on it in the app.  With this enabled it will not let you navigate down to the devices page for each room, so only have this option on when you are wanting to customize the rooms and the images associated with them.

Banner Preferences:
Disable Banner = If this is enabled it will not show the scrolling banner with the status of your vera system on the designated views inside of iViri.
Lights On = Displays the number of Lights that are reporting on via the Vera Data.
Lights Off = Display the number of Lights that are reporting off via the Vera Data.
Doors Locked = Displays the number of Doors that are secured via the Vera Data.
Doors Unlocked = Displays the number of Doors that are unsecured via the Vera Data.
Thermostat Temperature = Displays the Vera's thermostats temperatures in the scrolling banner via the Vera Data.

Initial View:
This is the initial view you would like iViri to open up to when the app is launched.  This only takes affect after the app is killed off or the phone is rebooted.  The reason for this is so you can use Siri to open the iViri app and have the Voice Control setup as your initial view and completely control your house using hands free.

Alarm Panel:
Requires PIN = Some users have it setup on the Vera that the PIN to set and unset their alarm partition is stored as a string value, meaning you don't require the iViri app to request the Alarm Partitions PIN every time you want to take an action.  If you disable this it will attempt to change your alarm partitions status without entering a PIN.
PIN Code = If this is set and the Requires PIN is enabled it will not prompt the user to enter the PIN when taking an action on the Alarm Partition.  iViri does offer the ability to store your PIN locally on your device, but only do this if you password protect your iPhone as you wouldn't want someone to gain access to your home security if they stole your device.

Location Services:
Enable Geofence Services = This only matters at the initial launch of the app and if it will or will not start up the geofence services.  If you are running the app and flip this switch to disabled it will not change anything since it launched with it enabled.
Geofence Notifications = This is to notify you after you have setup a geofence on the geofence view when you have entered or exited the defined region.  I use these to verify that the virtual switch associated with each geofence on my device and my wifes device fires and fires correctly, so it can be used as a security blanket to know that the geofence did fire.

Voice Control Settings:
Enable Talk Back = When using the Voice Control view, if this is enabled the phone will talk back to you about the status of a device and if your voice commands executed successfully.

REFERENCES
Replace the XXXX with that of your Mios username.
[1] https://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username=XXXX
for your forwarding server look for the following line: "active_server":"XXXX.mios.com"

Your Serial Number will be in the above output
[2] "serialNumber":"XXXXXXXX"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:51:02 pm by jpete7683 »
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
Re: iViri Setup and User Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:41:31 pm »
Currently only supports UI5 and Mios user names registered through cp.mios.com.

When is it anticipated to support UI6 authentication protocols being added as they have only been released to developers?

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:53:05 pm »
UI 6 support will be coming shortly, there are some other things that I want to take care of first, such as push notifications, camera support, etc.... on the current version and UI 6 support is just a little lower on that list.  It will get moved up if we notice more people going to it and it being more stable.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 02:59:40 pm »
Hi, is there a way I can logically group the devices, by utilizing the "Rooms View"?

1. I tried to click in the "Rooms View" icon, but it is only trying to access my photo album to associate a photo to the room.
2. I don't want to do it via the "Dashboard View" because it is yet just 1 view and I also have to manually add my devices to be shown there.
3. Right now, the only way to access my devices is via the "Devices View".  But I have almost 100 devices so it's hard to locate the one I want even though it's sorted alphabetically.

That's the reason why I'm asking:  In the Rooms View, can I first click into a "Room", and then it shows the relevant devices (which I already grouped in UI5).  So now I have a more concise list of devices to deal with.

Thanks!  I'm still learning how to use the geofensing feature.  It sounds like a cool concept though.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:06:43 pm »
Go to iphone > iViri and turn off allow custom room images and see if that works for you

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 07:13:28 pm »
Thank you.  It works!

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 05:52:06 pm »
UI 6 support will be coming shortly, there are some other things that I want to take care of first, such as push notifications, camera support, etc.... on the current version and UI 6 support is just a little lower on that list.  It will get moved up if we notice more people going to it and it being more stable.

just bought this app an hour ago. when i tap the icon, it freezes and my iphone blinks and back to home screen and doing nothing. i am just basically interested in setting our 2 iphones (geofencing). so that when my wife and i both leave the house, it will turn on my virtual switch and arms all my sensors. i am now frustrated for the last hour.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 06:48:40 pm »

just bought this app an hour ago. when i tap the icon, it freezes and my iphone blinks and back to home screen and doing nothing. i am just basically interested in setting our 2 iphones (geofencing). so that when my wife and i both leave the house, it will turn on my virtual switch and arms all my sensors. i am now frustrated for the last hour.

Are you saying your running Ui6? Or you having problems with Ui5?

Most of these issues have to do with setup. Did you go into your settings menu on the phone and setup Iviri? Also there was similer issues if you Vera hasn't been named.

I suggest you first check all your setup settings as the app wont open if its not setup. Then I suggest you search the forum.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 08:06:05 pm »
Make sure your Vera has been named in your mios interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

Are you saying your running Ui6? Or you having problems with Ui5?

Most of these issues have to do with setup. Did you go into your settings menu on the phone and setup Iviri? Also there was similer issues if you Vera hasn't been named.

I suggest you first check all your setup settings as the app wont open if its not setup. Then I suggest you search the forum.

ok thanks for the comments. i have vera2 UI5 and iphone 4S. i will double check my setup. i see my rooms and it is frozen at that point and pressing the home button of my iphone wont work; then the phone will blink about 2x. anyway, i will search more.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 01:35:47 pm »
@waltzer11 give these suggestions previously posted a shot and if you have any issues and are not able to get it working correctly, just email me at support@instruodev.com.  I am the developer of iViri and I can assist you with your setup and get this working for you.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »
@waltzer11 give these suggestions previously posted a shot and if you have any issues and are not able to get it working correctly, just email me at support@instruodev.com.  I am the developer of iViri and I can assist you with your setup and get this working for you.

i know you are the developer of iviri. thanks. i was able to open and close my garage door through the voice control. the issue i am having right now is that when i tap the icon in my iphone, it opens up and then my phone goes back to home screen - this means it crashed right. what should i email you - the screen shot of my setup

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 05:08:27 pm »
ok, it does not crash anymore; i searched the forum and saw your post to enter a descriptive name for vera in the setup. i never gave a name since i bought vera in June 2010. i just need to learn how to use geofence and setup our iphones. thanks for your good gestures to help me; and i will search more

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 05:16:27 pm »
i searched the forum and saw your post to enter a descriptive name for vera in the setup.

How far did you have to go to search the forum for that one? 3 and 4 posts up? :)

Also there was similer issues if you Vera hasn't been named.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 06:57:38 pm »
i searched the forum and saw your post to enter a descriptive name for vera in the setup.

How far did you have to go to search the forum for that one? 3 and 4 posts up? :)

Also there was similer issues if you Vera hasn't been named.

it's in another thread that i found why it is crashing.  thanks.  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24770.0.html