We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Set Remotec ZTS-100 Differential Set-point?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline JoeTomasone

Set Remotec ZTS-100 Differential Set-point?
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:11:59 am »
The wife is complaining that the temperature is getting to be too high from the set temp before the thermostat kicks in and turns the A/C on.   

I'm pretty sure that this is controlled by the "differential set-point" as described in the manual - and if so, is this exposed anywhere in Vera so that I can set it from there?   It appears that it can only be set as part of a program from the front panel, and I don't use a program - we have a set temperature that doesn't vary (stay at home mom and kids). 

Offline Grwebster

Re: Set Remotec ZTS-100 Differential Set-point?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »
Could you lower the temp a degree?  It seems to be about 2 deg F from what I see.  You have to be careful as the cycle might get too short if it is too tight.  I think you may be able to set it in the program, and it may work when you set it back to simple mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JoeTomasone

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »
I'll have to try to check more closely - but if I lower the thermostat it gets too cold.

Offline kkl

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 11:38:01 am »
This thermostat has both Differential and Swing settings that are explained in detail beginning on page 27 of your manual.  Both are Z-wave configurable as shown on page 22 of your manual.  These parameters are entered under the Device Options tab of settings:  Configuration settings.

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »
The wife is complaining that the temperature is getting to be too high from the set temp before the thermostat kicks in and turns the A/C on.   

The thermostat has to be in advanced mode to set swing and differential. Even if your your not using setbacks, your need to run in this mode.

I also find the default swing too much for AC. 1F swing is more comfortable.