We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Set Remotec ZTS-100 Differential Set-point?  (Read 1162 times)

guest143315

Set Remotec ZTS-100 Differential Set-point?
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:11:59 am »
The wife is complaining that the temperature is getting to be too high from the set temp before the thermostat kicks in and turns the A/C on.   

I'm pretty sure that this is controlled by the "differential set-point" as described in the manual - and if so, is this exposed anywhere in Vera so that I can set it from there?   It appears that it can only be set as part of a program from the front panel, and I don't use a program - we have a set temperature that doesn't vary (stay at home mom and kids). 

Offline Grwebster

Re: Set Remotec ZTS-100 Differential Set-point?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »
Could you lower the temp a degree?  It seems to be about 2 deg F from what I see.  You have to be careful as the cycle might get too short if it is too tight.  I think you may be able to set it in the program, and it may work when you set it back to simple mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guest143315

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »
I'll have to try to check more closely - but if I lower the thermostat it gets too cold.

Offline kkl

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 11:38:01 am »
This thermostat has both Differential and Swing settings that are explained in detail beginning on page 27 of your manual.  Both are Z-wave configurable as shown on page 22 of your manual.  These parameters are entered under the Device Options tab of settings:  Configuration settings.

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »
The wife is complaining that the temperature is getting to be too high from the set temp before the thermostat kicks in and turns the A/C on.   

The thermostat has to be in advanced mode to set swing and differential. Even if your your not using setbacks, your need to run in this mode.

I also find the default swing too much for AC. 1F swing is more comfortable.