Author Topic: Zwave air vent  (Read 18257 times)

Offline waynehead99

Re: Zwave air vent
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2014, 07:54:55 pm »

Attic temps?

I am not sure but it is warm. The insulation is sitting roughly 20 inches of the fluffy stuff. I have considered an attic fan but not sure how effective they are.

I have started researching the zoned retro setups and depending on price this looks like the way to go and would be easy to integrate with Vera for presence on the different floors.

What kind of cost would I be looking at for equipment on 2 zones with the duct work exposed?

Offline ServiceXp

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2014, 08:04:02 pm »
Can you record the temps over a week at the hottest point in the day?
U.S.A Vera 3

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2014, 09:58:38 pm »
Just tossed a sensor up there and will monitor. Currently it's reading 91 with outside temps 75. Thank you for your time.

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »
Can you record the temps over a week at the hottest point in the day?

So I know it hasn't been a week, but the info I have received over the last few days is pretty consistent. Peak of the day its 115 degrees in the attic with 85 degrees outside. I have been luck to have the days pretty much be the same over the last few. One thing i did notice is that once the sun goes down and the temp outside starts to drop, the attic cools down pretty quick and gets down to about 60 degrees by the late evening. So it would appear that the passive venting is doing its job pretty well.

Offline ServiceXp

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »
Ok,  so site unseen, those temps are ok. 

Time to contact an HVAC company that has experience in ductwork system deficiencies.
U.S.A Vera 3

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2014, 09:12:30 pm »
Yep. Had two out and they both say the system installed was undersized. House is only 4 years old and it seems they undersized it on purpose because of the Energy rating on the house. Heat is fine but AC is not. Sounds like I am gonna be replacing the whole thing. More I researched on zoned systems more t sounded like the wrong way to go.

Offline ServiceXp

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 09:32:44 pm »
Is this a new house? If the original load calc was not performed correctly you may have some legal recourse. 

Make sure you get a copy of the load calcs the 2 companies performed.
U.S.A Vera 3