Author Topic: UI Confusion  (Read 873 times)

Offline Bill Scruggs

UI Confusion
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:44:30 pm »
I recently purchased a VeraLite and have had a lot of problems because the unit was shipped with UI6. I have a couple of support tickets with Vera Support, but I'm tired of waiting days between responses. My first confusion is knowing which version is which. From my support emails it looks like the GREEN interface is UI6 and the BLUE interface is UI5. I'm confused because the Blue interfaces IP address is 192.168.105/cmh_ui6/ which is supposed to be UI5. When I click on "Advanced Setting" it takes me to the Blue UI5 interface. Shouldn't "Advanced" take you to a newer version and not the old? Also, the Blue interface looks newer and more professional, especially the thermostats and PLEG Plugin.

Secondly, Is there any work around for the password incompatibility issue between UI5 and UI6.

I found the answers to many of my previous question in these forums, so thanks to all! I have a lot more questions, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
Re: UI Confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:18:15 am »
Their simple explanation is poor. UI6 has two Interfaces (green and blue to use their simple division) and the Advanced setting interface is the same design as UI5 with some additional menu options. Hence their logical explanation of new compared to old but confusing to a new comer to say the least.

WRT password incompatibility can you please clarify? There are two distinct accounts and authentication methods (old and new to keep is simple) and they are hosted separately. They standard between old and new have distinct differences and there is bug reports for both account migration and log on confusion in Mantis (their reporting system):

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Project ( top right ) set to UI6 public project.

My advise is to create both account in cp.mios.com and getvera.com. This will cover all bases new and old...

Logging in via getvera.com will manage login regardless of UI5 or UI6.

The normal reference to the UI relates to there firmware utilised being 1.5xx UI5 and 1.6xx UI6.