Author Topic: Simple Alarm Plugin  (Read 24875 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Simple Alarm Plugin
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 12:10:51 am »
That's a great idea.  We actually have already put in place the ability to do voice notifications.  The firmware in Vera is tiny, so we didn't put a SIP stack in each Vera.   But, you can request voice notifications and it sends a secure message to the findvera server, which has a sip gateway to make the actual call, and a text-to-speech engine to read off the message to you (room, device that generated it, etc.).  The gateway isn't fully functional yet, but Vera is already doing it's part.

The emergency button is something we didn't think of.  What was your intended use case?  You mean like a Z-Wave remote an elderly person could carry which they could push if they fall or if there's a burglar or something to have it call 911?  Can you expand on your idea?

You need to  be running the  alpha build of AutHomationHD to get the multiswitch support. It will be released to the beta group soon.

- Garrett

Offline pingmustard

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »
It might be useful to have 2 distinct events for away.  One for when it's about to switch to arm in X seconds, and one for when it's truly armed.  I think the event right now for away is when it's about to switch to away in X seconds.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:21:28 pm by pingmustard »

Offline empuk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 03:35:19 am »
I think the event right now for away is when it's about to switch to away in X seconds.

No, the event is when the status really change. I'll think about how to make an event when it's about to switch to away in X seconds.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 11:44:35 am »
I see his point on providing an 'in transition' type warning. Though, as much as a blinking light, chirping sound is ideal (like a real alarm wall panel does), I don't know if Vera has the ability to do something like that. You might be able to convince Garrett to add a function to the AuthomationHD UI (like a user definable # of seconds to blink that button light). To put this in the plugin itself, I'm not sure it can be done.

I'd rather see more user definable Scene options available.

Offline AgileHumor

• KISS
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 12:14:03 pm »
I would suggest maybe a whole other siren to do the "chirp". 

I have my warning siren plugged in to a my downstairs closet and also covered the tweeter with some foam to muffle the sound. You can hear still, it is just not piercing.

For example, I use this muffled warning that the garage door will auto close (along with TTS).  On for 3 seconds, off for 2 for three times in a row.  Then fire for 10 seconds while the door is closing.  I would typically use just TTS (plays on the Russound whole home audio)...but for something that might affect life safety, I figured having a another audible alarm would be beneficial.

It looks like there is now a trigger in the latest version when the alarm is tripped, but before the timeout expires.  This should allow the chirp.   

I then have 2 battery operated sirens (very loud) in 2 strategic areas of the home that I use when the timer expires in Simple Alarm.
WMC Leviton:18xVPE06,8xVRS15,3xVRP03-W,2xVRR15,4xVRCS4,2xVRCS2,VP00R,8xVRS15 Aeon:5xDSC06106,4xDSC24,4xDSC25,12xDSB29,2xDSC11,4xDSB54,DSB05,3xDSA22,DSA38,2xDSA03202B,DSB09104,HEM Other:3xYale,12xHSM100v3,7xSP103,45604,WDHA-12,SSA2USR,EVLCD1T,6xWWA02A,7xIPC-HFW2100,URTSI,Hue,Russound,OpenSprinker

Offline davidd1205

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 04:44:42 am »
hello thanks for your plugin

could you extand notification to vera alert or prowl

thanks

Offline mainewoods

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 01:01:20 pm »
I have installed the Simple Alarm Plugin v1.7 but I cannot find any info on configuring it.

Especially since my Vera3 unit tells me if I attempt to change the Controlled via field to something other than the default.

Seems like a good idea but with no information on how to set it up or use it seems like a waste of someone's good programming skills.

Help is requested as I really want this one to work.

SW

Offline Aaron

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 09:18:17 am »
The first post had links to instruction. Use Google translate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Offline testeur765

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2014, 06:45:53 am »
Hello,

Is it possible to use the countdown in the "Arm away" mode when using an HTTP request like this ?
http://VERAIP:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=94&serviceId=urn:upnp-empuk-net:serviceId:SimpleAlarm1&action=ArmAway

Currently the countdown only works on the VERA interface.

Offline ibn4n

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2014, 11:12:51 am »
Hello,

Is it possible to use the countdown in the "Arm away" mode when using an HTTP request like this ?
http://VERAIP:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=94&serviceId=urn:upnp-empuk-net:serviceId:SimpleAlarm1&action=ArmAway

Currently the countdown only works on the VERA interface.

Try "DelayArmAway":

Code: [Select]
function DelayArmAway()
  local data = {}
  data = readSettings(Device)

if (tonumber(data.awaytimer) > 0) then
    setIfChanged(SERVICE_ID, "TimerAction", "ArmAway", Device)
StartTimer(data.awaytimer)
  else
    ArmAway()
  end
end

Offline Blue7

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 04:45:04 am »
Hello,

I've download the new version of the plugin (in Apps it is 1.7) but when I am in the device part, I make the key and the plugin havent notification and it is 1.5?

Is it normal??

Offline empuk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 05:40:33 am »
Hello,

I've download the new version of the plugin (in Apps it is 1.7) but when I am in the device part, I make the key and the plugin havent notification and it is 1.5?

Is it normal??

It's a mistake in the plugin lua code, the version number hasn't been updated.
You have to check the plugin version in "Apps>My Apps"

Offline Javelin

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 08:01:47 am »
Cool plugin only took me half an hour to grasp and understand. Motivated me to purchase a zwave alarm now, anyone know of a alarm that will allow a chirp sounds to be played? on the first intrusion detected tigger? Before ramping it up to a high pitched squeal on confirmed panic mode. Cant wait to surprise house mate and gf with this when they get home one day hahah

Offline sjvic

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:00 am »
Hi,

I've a problem finding the blog information, link is missing, could you help me.?

Regards,

Offline farang

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 04:28:20 pm »
Hi,

I've a problem finding the blog information, link is missing, could you help me.?

Regards,

Same here. I have no clue how to use this plugin since there is no documentation available.