We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Compatibility with UI6?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline newlinux

Compatibility with UI6?
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:11:33 pm »
I am a brand new Vera user and don't really know what I'm doing yet. I just setup the vera last night. Unfortunately I upgraded to UI6 (I had no idea I shouldn't and the page the instructions told me to go to prompted me to upgrade). After searching through the forums I found most people don't recommend UI6 and that many plugins don't work with it. Ooops...

Well, I'm on UI6 now and I have a PowerMax Complete alarm that I'd like to use the Powermax plugin for. I haven't bought the RS232 adapter nor the USB/Serial adapter yet. Does this plugin work with UI6? I'd like to know that before buying the cables.

Thanks for your responses and patience in advance.

Offline nlrb

Re: Compatibility with UI6?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:02:09 am »
I honestly don't know whether the plugin works with UI6, as I don't have UI6 myself. Maybe someone else has experience with it?

Offline newlinux

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 10:17:02 am »
Thanks for your reply nlrb. I ordered the serial adapter cable for the Powermax and am ordering a USB/Serial adapter for the veralite and then I'll give it a try. It would be great if it worked. I'll report back after I get what I need and have time to try it out.

Offline newlinux

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 03:43:34 pm »
Well, unfortunately I ran into a snag. Although the web site didn't indicate it at the time, it appears smarthome was actually out of the 73906 Visonic-PM-RS232 Adapter Kit - http://www.smarthome.com/73906/Visonic-PM-RS232-ADAPTER-KIT-Serial-Cable-12-Pin-BusSerial-Cable-12-Pin-Bus/p.aspx

I can't seem to find another one in stock anywhere, even ebay. Anybody know where I can get one? Or alternatively would the 9-100697 - Visonic Dual RS-232 Module http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-1949-9-100697-visonic-dual-rs-232-module-for-power-max-pro.aspx work for my PowerMaxComplete and with the VeraLite?

Or some other option?

Offline nlrb

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »
I believe the dual RS232 is only for the PowerMax Pro. You could use a TTL->USB adapter on the IP connector of the PowerMax. See this topic.

Offline nlrb

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 03:00:14 pm »
I've tried the plugin with UI6 and it has some UI issues. I'll be submitting a new version in the coming week to fix this.

Offline nlrb

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 12:22:03 pm »
Version 1.2 is now available in the mios marketplace and supports UI6.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 05:56:19 pm »
Hi nirb.

Could you explain what changes have to be done to make a plugin compatible with UI6 ?

Offline nlrb

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:38:57 pm »
Hi lolodomo,

Let me try to recap what I needed to do. Two main areas needed a fix.
  • Javascript
  • Device json
Javascript
The functions to interact with the lua code needed adjustment, as the following things did not work anymore.
  • Ajax.Request: onComplete - only onSuccess and onFailure are now supported
  • object.Extend did not work anymore
  • synchronous requests do not work anymore

Device json
The way the device in UI6 is displayed is undocumented, so I had to do some trial and error to play with it. What I noticed is that
  • the order in which elements in a SceneGroup are declared is relevant; I had to define some extra ControlGroups to fix this (top and left are ignored)
  • the Width and Height of a control is now also used in the device display