We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Buttons update when nodes are offline  (Read 947 times)

Offline timmyg

Buttons update when nodes are offline
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:25:52 pm »

Hi,

I appreciate the effort that has gone into Imperihome - thanks.

I have noticed an issue. If a node is unavailable or switched off, Imperihome still reports that (by changing its icon and text) it has successfully toggled the status. Shouldnt it get verification that the command was successful then update the button, widget etc?

Cheers
Tim

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Buttons update when nodes are offline
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:50:10 pm »
It appears that imperihome sets the status before getting verification. This will appear that the app is very responsive, however can cause false reports and be out of sync. I do not prefer this method and have my app only change the status as it happens. You won't get the feel of a fast response, but you'll get the correct status.

- Garrett

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:20:17 am by garrettwp »

Offline timmyg

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:05:04 am »

Thanks Garrett,

False reports and out of sync have caught me out a few times and can be a problem when you are away from home.

I will take opportunity to thank you for your awesome app as well, I use both frequently!

Cheers
Tim

Offline mzpost

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:30:19 am »
This is indeed how it works as it's something I questioned during beta testing. If you have a power consumption set in vera than that can be used to confirm status as well as the power consumption will only show once vera reports back that something is on (I,e after the refresh). Not ideal but it is a work around.   I agree the setting of the status without feedback does seem a little bit backwards in terms of logic.