Author Topic: iViri Enhancement List  (Read 11647 times)

Offline jpete7683

iViri Enhancement List
« on: March 15, 2014, 12:32:03 pm »
Please list off any and all enhancements you would like to see incorporated into iViri.  I will comment back with if it is planned, when it is planned for and what release to expect it in.  Also if I don't plan on doing it I will provide a response as to why instead of just not planned :).
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline cubs2b23

Re: iViri Enhancement List
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:59:00 pm »
I'd like to see support for cameras, Multi-switch and Mi-light plug-ins

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 02:01:43 pm »
Cameras and multiswitch are planned for v1.2.  Can you tell me more about mi-light plugins?  It won't be hard to incorporate if someone can send me their sdata so I can see the json structure.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline cubs2b23

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 03:51:19 pm »

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 03:57:53 pm »
Change Last Tripped from Unix Epoch timestamp to a human readable display.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 04:05:16 pm »
Change Last Tripped from Unix Epoch timestamp to a human readable display.

V1.2 has this implemented already.

Offline JAnguita

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:59 am »
It would be GREAT support for the Visonic PowerMax Alarms Plugin:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,49.0.html

It is one of the most used.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:47:54 am »
It would be GREAT support for the Visonic PowerMax Alarms Plugin:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,49.0.html

It is one of the most used.

So iViri already supports any alarm panel that follows the Alarm Panel Standardizations here [1].  What does this plugin offer that support for the Alarm Partition doesn't?

[1] http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Alarm_Panel_Standardization#S_AlarmPartition2.xml

Offline cubs2b23

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 08:33:51 am »
I think it would be useful if the notifications were more specific to the event. So when I leave the "Home" geofence it would alert with Leaving Home instead or in addition to just the connection to the switch was ok.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:34 am »
I think it would be useful if the notifications were more specific to the event. So when I leave the "Home" geofence it would alert with Leaving Home instead or in addition to just the connection to the switch was ok.

So this is where the 10 second's come into affect.  Apple allows a background process to execute or wake up for 10 seconds, and at the end of that 10 seconds the iOS will abort it.  The more and more we attempt to make it do eventually we will push it to that limit.  For this very purpose I wanted to implement push notifications for iViri because you can then turn off iViri's notifications and allow Vera Alerts to customize the text of the alert that comes when your switch is turned on vs. turned off.  However, what I could do which wouldn't cause much over head is allow you to customize the alert inside of the app when you are building the geofence.  Would that be a valid option for everyone?  So when you create the geofence you will have a line to type the message that is received when entering the geofence and type the message that is received when exiting the geofence?

Offline cubs2b23

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 10:25:38 am »
I think that's a reasonable option

Offline pentium

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 05:05:19 pm »
Very minor, on the geofencing option on the phone, could you label the geofence radius with the unit of measurement?  I think it is meters but it would be nice to be explicit.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 05:45:45 pm »
Very minor, on the geofencing option on the phone, could you label the geofence radius with the unit of measurement?  I think it is meters but it would be nice to be explicit.

It is meters, but yes I will label that so there is no confusion.

Offline beerguy

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »
I've got iViri running on (3) iPhone 4s and can't seem to keep it running reliably. It seems that if it is open and running for more than several hours it locks up and stops working. The only way to get it going again is to kill it and start over. These phones are all running IOS7.1. The geofencing is awesome when it works but so far it's pretty sporadic. I'm most interested in that feature working reliably. I currently use HomeWave for everything else and will likely continue to do so.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 08:01:02 pm »
I've got iViri running on (3) iPhone 4s and can't seem to keep it running reliably. It seems that if it is open and running for more than several hours it locks up and stops working. The only way to get it going again is to kill it and start over. These phones are all running IOS7.1. The geofencing is awesome when it works but so far it's pretty sporadic. I'm most interested in that feature working reliably. I currently use HomeWave for everything else and will likely continue to do so.

So to touch on a couple of things.  The iPhone 4s specs wise isn't near the power of the devices usesd to test iViri, that being said there is no excuse for the behavior you are seeing, but it does lead me to wonder that since it uses offline voice control ability (processor and memory intense) should I offer the ability to remove voice control from the app via the menu?  Also as a side note with iOS 7.1 you do not need to keep the app open in the background as once that region is monitored the iOS will handle relaunching the app to handle the enterance and exiting of a region, so for that matter have you just tried setting up your geofences and then once it is being monitored kill off the app and observe it's behavior.  Secondly I did set out to offer a cheaper solution that did more than what most apps were thinking about for the Vera, with that said should I eliminate geofences from iViri and just create a standalone app?  Would people be interested in purchasing something like that?