Author Topic: iViri Enhancement List  (Read 14374 times)

Offline jpete7683

Re: iViri Enhancement List
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 04:31:19 pm »
I'd like to have the ability to blacklist scenes or devices from voice control. There are devices, e.g. my garage door, that I do not want to accidentally toggle the state of.

I think whatever this interface ends up looking like, it belongs in the main app vs the iViri section of the settings app--mainly because the list of devices itself is dynamic. "Blacklisting" might be a term that confuses some users, so perhaps simply calling a device "hidden" would be a better term. then a simple toggle setting for "show hidden devices" would allow the user to interact with them if needed (to un-hide for example).

I agree with this enhancement, but I don't believe it will make v1.2.  Let me see how far I am on v1.2 and if there is room for this otherwise it will be added to the next release.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline ChrisTheC

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 06:14:46 am »
So I have asked this before but haven't had an answer to it yet.  Would it be better for me to create a separate app that focuses solely on Geofencing?  Strip the rest of the functionality out of the app and allow users to configure the URL to work appropriately with their Vera.  Basically a standalone app that will allow a Geofence toggle a switch depending on enterance and exiting of a geofence?

So far, I am only using the geofence portion of your app. Either a separate geofencing app, or the option to not show the other portions of the UI would be good for me.

Chris

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:11 am »
So far, I am only using the geofence portion of your app. Either a separate geofencing app, or the option to not show the other portions of the UI would be good for me.

Chris

What would be a reasonable price for a separate geofencing app?
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline beerguy

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 11:07:59 am »
I'd be more than happy to pay a couple of dollars. Given the investment in HA and the possibilities this opens that seems very reasonable.

Offline pentium

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 11:19:39 am »
Wasn't the original just $2.99?  I would pay that for my wife's phone just to get rid of the network connection errors she gets with the full version.  My problem is getting her to keep the app active so my vera triggers work.  And the reason that I would be willing to pay full price would be the knowledge that you are so active on the forum and the geofence app is directed at my specific needs.  I looked in iTunes and saw a lot of geofence apps but I don't have the time to see if any would work for me. 

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 11:33:17 am »
Wasn't the original just $2.99?  I would pay that for my wife's phone just to get rid of the network connection errors she gets with the full version.  My problem is getting her to keep the app active so my vera triggers work.  And the reason that I would be willing to pay full price would be the knowledge that you are so active on the forum and the geofence app is directed at my specific needs.  I looked in iTunes and saw a lot of geofence apps but I don't have the time to see if any would work for me.

I am actively working to get these issues resolved.  If your wife is running iOS 7.1 there is no need to keep the app active as the OS will handle the enter/exit of a region and relaunch the app if it is closed.  Give me 3 weeks to have the issues all addressed and v1.2 I think will resolve a lot of issues.  I am an independent developer with a normal 8-5 job outside of this and that is why the price was so low for this app compared to the rest of the app's that are in the store.  It will become more stable, we have only had 2 releases and the second release was a huge improvement from the first release and I expect an even better improvement with the 3 release.  Plus with iBeacons functionality being worked on I think there is a lot to be had with this app.  Sorry for the issues your wife is experiencing and I will be working to have them completely resolved.

Offline pentium

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 11:47:32 am »
I understand.  I was mostly expressing why someone might want just the geofencing if it was more simple for a phone user rather than a mini computer user with a phone platform like me.  I'm looking forward to the enhancements and recognize some of what you are trying to accomplish.  If wife who has an iPhone 5 and the current release of the ios can close the app and have geofencing still work then that is great to know.  However, I almost seem to remember that I couldn't detect her and had her start the app and she reappeared.  I think you have made very good progress and I think I was one of the first few purchasers. 

As an aside, I have been trying to layout my plan for using the geofence to open the garage door, turn off the alarm, lights, notifications, close the door, different during the day or night, vacation, what to do when she leaves, etc when the wife arrives.  You said that you had implemented these kinds of automation and I would be very interested in your coding or at least thoughts.  Especially if you have it working with two phones.  So, any coding or concepts that you care to share would be great.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2014, 12:01:49 pm »
I understand.  I was mostly expressing why someone might want just the geofencing if it was more simple for a phone user rather than a mini computer user with a phone platform like me.  I'm looking forward to the enhancements and recognize some of what you are trying to accomplish.  If wife who has an iPhone 5 and the current release of the ios can close the app and have geofencing still work then that is great to know.  However, I almost seem to remember that I couldn't detect her and had her start the app and she reappeared.  I think you have made very good progress and I think I was one of the first few purchasers. 

As an aside, I have been trying to layout my plan for using the geofence to open the garage door, turn off the alarm, lights, notifications, close the door, different during the day or night, vacation, what to do when she leaves, etc when the wife arrives.  You said that you had implemented these kinds of automation and I would be very interested in your coding or at least thoughts.  Especially if you have it working with two phones.  So, any coding or concepts that you care to share would be great.

Just to help anyone out who is attempting to do this with geofencing here is my PLEG.  I figure what good does it do for anyone if people don't have the tools to code on the vera side to make stuff react to the devices leaving and coming home from the house.  Let me know as I am willing to assist in any way, I haven't gotten my garage door automated yet but once I have that setup with z-wave I will get it coded to open and close as I drive away from the house or drive down the block to the house.  As you can set mine is setup with multiswitch as I already have that working on the testing version of v1.2 of iViri.

Triggers

Name   Description   State   Last True   Last False
t1    MultiSwitch Switch 1 is turned on   true   2014-03-25 21:19:30.319   2014-03-25 20:00:17.656
t2    MultiSwitch Switch 2 is turned on   false   2014-03-25 21:21:01.969   2014-03-26 07:32:54.325
t3    Day or Night indicates Night time.   false   2014-03-25 19:27:16.150   2014-03-26 07:02:01.123
Conditions

Name   Repeat   Expression   State   Last True   Last False
c1   No   t3 AND ((t1 and (t3;t1)) OR (t2 and (t3;t2)))   false   2014-03-25 21:19:30.324   2014-03-26 07:02:01.127
c2   No   (not t1) AND (not t2)   false   2014-03-25 20:00:17.664   2014-03-25 21:19:30.330
c3   No   c2 AND (c2; NOW > 10:00)   false   2014-03-25 20:10:44.120   2014-03-25 21:19:30.332
c4   No   t1 or t2   true   2014-03-25 21:19:30.333   2014-03-25 20:00:17.670
c5   No   (not t3)   true   2014-03-26 07:02:01.133   2014-03-25 19:27:16.161
c6   No   c3 AND (c3; NOW > 12:00:00)   false   0   0
Actions

Actions for Condition: c1

Immediate

Device   Action   Arguments
Basement Stairway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Main Dinning Room Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=100
Kitchen Stool Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Kitchen Sink Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Kitchen Main Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Main Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Secondary Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Delay 03:00

Basement Stairway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Sink Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Actions for Condition: c2

Immediate

Basement Back Left Light   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Back Right Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Bathroom Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Craft Room Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Main Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Hallway Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Basement Freezer Light   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Office Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Shower Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Basement Stairway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Main Dinning Room Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
First Bedroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Main Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Sink Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Stool Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Bedroom Hallway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Main Door Lock   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Entry Hall Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Guest Bathroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Main Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Guest Bathroom Blower   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Closet Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Door Lock   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Master Bathroom Shower Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Shower Blower   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Tub Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Vanity Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bedroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Second Bedroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Secondary Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Secondary Living Room Lamp Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Actions for Condition: c3

Immediate

MultiSwitch   SetStatus3    newStatus3=-1
LUA for Condition: c4

luup.call_action("urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MSwitch1", "SetStatus3", {newStatus3 = "0"}, 75)
Actions for Condition: c5

Immediate

Master Bathroom Backyard Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Outside Backyard Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Outside Frontyard Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Actions for Condition: c6

Immediate

VacationGhost   Set    newTargetValue=1

Offline Borat

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 12:25:31 pm »
Only just downloaded the app so apologies if some of this is already possible and I just dont know how to use the app yet!

- Ability to skin / customise the look and feel of the buttons and interface (though I think you have made a good job of making it clean in general). I like the customisable nature of Homewave, but it ends up looking a little busy.
- Support for current cost
- Support for milight (Already requested so just a +1)
- Support for fibaro RGBW and if you can find some way of implementing a colour wheel (I am not even sure its possible) you would be a hero!
- Support for Sonos

Good work though I like it  ;D

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2014, 03:34:27 pm »
Only just downloaded the app so apologies if some of this is already possible and I just dont know how to use the app yet!

- Ability to skin / customise the look and feel of the buttons and interface (though I think you have made a good job of making it clean in general). I like the customisable nature of Homewave, but it ends up looking a little busy.
- Support for current cost
- Support for milight (Already requested so just a +1)
- Support for fibaro RGBW and if you can find some way of implementing a colour wheel (I am not even sure its possible) you would be a hero!
- Support for Sonos

Good work though I like it  ;D

I will look into each one of these listed.  Working more on functional at the moment with iBeacons and hardening the geofencing options.

Offline Borat

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 10:06:43 am »
Cool thanks. Also just one more cosmetic thing - I find the "checking job status" thing a little annoying. It also hangs the app for a long time if the device can not be contacted. Maybe a different approach to this or some more aggressive timeouts might be worth thinking about?

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 11:43:57 am »
Cool thanks. Also just one more cosmetic thing - I find the "checking job status" thing a little annoying. It also hangs the app for a long time if the device can not be contacted. Maybe a different approach to this or some more aggressive timeouts might be worth thinking about?

Thanks for the update.  The reason for the checking job status is because I keep a dictionary/data model separate from that of the Veras, that is what makes mine execute actions so quickly compared to others out there.  I have been working on the HUD status' and those hanging or staying on the screen for the v1.2 and I think I have it mostly resolved.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 12:04:15 pm »
I do not know if this has already been covered, but I get a weird overlay effect when I try to add devices in the dashboard view.

It almost seems like the app tries to project something in fullscreen, over the status bar at the top. The screen flickers and gets all weird when the Device/Scenes list appear. iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2014, 12:06:37 pm »
I do not know if this has already been covered, but I get a weird overlay effect when I try to add devices in the dashboard view.

It almost seems like the app tries to project something in fullscreen, over the status bar at the top. The screen flickers and gets all weird when the Device/Scenes list appear. iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

This hasn't been mentioned, however, being the developer and being on iPhone 5s with 7.1 I noticed that on a few of the different views.  This is resolved in v1.2.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2014, 12:16:27 pm »

This hasn't been mentioned, however, being the developer and being on iPhone 5s with 7.1 I noticed that on a few of the different views.  This is resolved in v1.2.

The flickering has stopped in v.1.2! Great job!

Is there a way of adding icons to the different rooms in the room view? There is surely space within the large black boxes?