Author Topic: iViri Enhancement List  (Read 14907 times)

Offline jpete7683

Re: iViri Enhancement List
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2014, 08:39:26 pm »
Hello,

Would it be possible to add on the wish list the ability to control Virtual Switches ? The app is able to use them for geofencing but they don't appear in the rooms or devices that we can control manually...
Personally, most of my Vera Home Automation is based on PLEG and Virtual switches...

Can you tell me if you are able to add your virtual switches to your dashboard?  If so it should be a simple code change to have them show under the room view and the device view.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline pentium

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2014, 09:17:24 pm »
FYI  I can add my virtual switches to the iViri dashboard. 

And now a question.  On the geofence, does one of them have to be turned on (green)?  Mine keeps turning off, but apparently is working.  But it is confusing.  I hope to understand more about the geofencing in the next release so I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I will be interested in how to incorporate multiple locations.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2014, 10:54:51 pm »
FYI  I can add my virtual switches to the iViri dashboard. 

And now a question.  On the geofence, does one of them have to be turned on (green)?  Mine keeps turning off, but apparently is working.  But it is confusing.  I hope to understand more about the geofencing in the next release so I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I will be interested in how to incorporate multiple locations.

Yes the geofence button needs to be turned on.  This is a problem with v1.2 as once you turn it on you can't touch anything for about 10-30 seconds, as in don't navigate away to a different view in the app after doing it otherwise when you go back it won't stay on but this is all resolved in v1.3.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline pentium

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2014, 08:18:03 pm »
Just a suggestion, I am trying to debug my geofencing and went to wife's phone to see what geofence was setup.  I had previously set it up and used the blank location so it would use the current lat long. 

My suggestion is that you make the lat long that it selects visible in the field so that we can tell that what it is actually using.  I know you flash a message with the lat long, but I would be more comforted if i could see something in the field when I am trying to figure out why it isn't updating the virtual switch as expected.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2014, 01:07:59 am »
Just a suggestion, I am trying to debug my geofencing and went to wife's phone to see what geofence was setup.  I had previously set it up and used the blank location so it would use the current lat long. 

My suggestion is that you make the lat long that it selects visible in the field so that we can tell that what it is actually using.  I know you flash a message with the lat long, but I would be more comforted if i could see something in the field when I am trying to figure out why it isn't updating the virtual switch as expected.

Noted!

Offline Nilsblix

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2014, 07:38:38 am »
Hello

I am now using iViri as my primary app. However I have blind controll that iViri does not se - could that be icluded ? I can controll the bilnd through scenes in iViri.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:12:23 am by Nilsblix »

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2014, 01:38:04 pm »
Hello

I am now using iViri as my primary app. However I have blind controll that iViri does not se - could that be icluded ? I can controll the bilnd through scenes in iViri.

We will have to work on this together in a future beta as I don't have these in my home to test with so as long as your willing to help out we can get it implemented!

Offline Nilsblix

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2014, 02:13:40 pm »
Ok

Of course I will help if I can. ( And I will be a nightmare for you when my ibeacons come )

I have also another " smart idea " - if you implement naming of devvices in the app - could the languagesection then read the names from Vera ? It would then be possible to name the devices in Vera in simple English names and the same devices in your native language in the app. Language problem solved ( sort of ).

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2014, 09:29:49 am »
Ok

Of course I will help if I can. ( And I will be a nightmare for you when my ibeacons come )

I have also another " smart idea " - if you implement naming of devvices in the app - could the languagesection then read the names from Vera ? It would then be possible to name the devices in Vera in simple English names and the same devices in your native language in the app. Language problem solved ( sort of ).

So the way the dictionary works for the library that iViri is using isn't just holding a word and then it matches to that word.  It is a lot more complicated than that and requires a good computer to get it complete compiled.  Lets say I wanted to add a custom word to this dictionary such as iViri.  I would have to add in the following manner

i  vear   ry

So you have to sound it out and make up the break down of every single word in the dictionary which they have software to do and build a custom dictionary but the only way to do it is on a desktop computer as the iPhone does not have the requirements to do this kind of cpu work on the fly.

Offline Theduck38

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2014, 10:26:12 am »
Hello,

Would it be possible to add on the wish list the ability to control Virtual Switches ? The app is able to use them for geofencing but they don't appear in the rooms or devices that we can control manually...
Personally, most of my Vera Home Automation is based on PLEG and Virtual switches...

Can you tell me if you are able to add your virtual switches to your dashboard?  If so it should be a simple code change to have them show under the room view and the device view.
Hi,

Someone already answered, but I also confirm that I can add virtual switches to my dashboard. But they don't appear in the other views.
-- TD38 --
MacPro OSX10.6.8 -- MCV Vera3 - Rfxcom Rfxtrx433 -- Foscam FI8910W - Vision Security ZP-3102 -- Oregon BTHR918 / THGR810(x4) / THN132N - AeonLabs 4in1(x2) - Owl CM180 -- Duwi 05439(x7) -- ARC Plugs Diagral (x3) - Everspring AN157 - Fibaro FGD-211 -- Eaton 650 & 1200 + APC UPS PRO 900

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2014, 10:27:40 am »
This request came in after v1.3 was submitted to the apple store.  It will be added to the next release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2014, 12:53:48 pm »
This request came in after v1.3 was submitted to the apple store.  It will be added to the next release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just took a look at the code and noticed it wasn't hard to implement this at all since the framework was already there and there was no reason to wait for the UI6 testing to start and complete before releasing this functionality.  I have added and tested the virtual switch on both device view and the room view and it is working correctly, so I have submitted a v1.3.1 release to Apple today and it should hopefully be available via an update by the weekend, but hopefully sooner.

Offline Nilsblix

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2014, 02:59:03 pm »
Hello

I do not mean to troll this part of the forum, but I will only tell what I did. I set up ex Homewave ( where you can name your devices regardless of what they are named i Vera. I have 15 devices so I neamed them in Vera ... 1, 2, 3 , 4 ....... (Easy enough for non english to pronaunce right)
Afther that no problem using the voice function in iViri - works greate. I did this just for testing as I will use iViri as my and my families controller ( its fast both on lan and over internet).

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2014, 02:58:54 pm »
I understand.  I was mostly expressing why someone might want just the geofencing if it was more simple for a phone user rather than a mini computer user with a phone platform like me.  I'm looking forward to the enhancements and recognize some of what you are trying to accomplish.  If wife who has an iPhone 5 and the current release of the ios can close the app and have geofencing still work then that is great to know.  However, I almost seem to remember that I couldn't detect her and had her start the app and she reappeared.  I think you have made very good progress and I think I was one of the first few purchasers. 

As an aside, I have been trying to layout my plan for using the geofence to open the garage door, turn off the alarm, lights, notifications, close the door, different during the day or night, vacation, what to do when she leaves, etc when the wife arrives.  You said that you had implemented these kinds of automation and I would be very interested in your coding or at least thoughts.  Especially if you have it working with two phones.  So, any coding or concepts that you care to share would be great.

Just to help anyone out who is attempting to do this with geofencing here is my PLEG.  I figure what good does it do for anyone if people don't have the tools to code on the vera side to make stuff react to the devices leaving and coming home from the house.  Let me know as I am willing to assist in any way, I haven't gotten my garage door automated yet but once I have that setup with z-wave I will get it coded to open and close as I drive away from the house or drive down the block to the house.  As you can set mine is setup with multiswitch as I already have that working on the testing version of v1.2 of iViri.

Triggers

Name   Description   State   Last True   Last False
t1    MultiSwitch Switch 1 is turned on   true   2014-03-25 21:19:30.319   2014-03-25 20:00:17.656
t2    MultiSwitch Switch 2 is turned on   false   2014-03-25 21:21:01.969   2014-03-26 07:32:54.325
t3    Day or Night indicates Night time.   false   2014-03-25 19:27:16.150   2014-03-26 07:02:01.123
Conditions

Name   Repeat   Expression   State   Last True   Last False
c1   No   t3 AND ((t1 and (t3;t1)) OR (t2 and (t3;t2)))   false   2014-03-25 21:19:30.324   2014-03-26 07:02:01.127
c2   No   (not t1) AND (not t2)   false   2014-03-25 20:00:17.664   2014-03-25 21:19:30.330
c3   No   c2 AND (c2; NOW > 10:00)   false   2014-03-25 20:10:44.120   2014-03-25 21:19:30.332
c4   No   t1 or t2   true   2014-03-25 21:19:30.333   2014-03-25 20:00:17.670
c5   No   (not t3)   true   2014-03-26 07:02:01.133   2014-03-25 19:27:16.161
c6   No   c3 AND (c3; NOW > 12:00:00)   false   0   0
Actions

Actions for Condition: c1

Immediate

Device   Action   Arguments
Basement Stairway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Main Dinning Room Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=100
Kitchen Stool Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Kitchen Sink Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Kitchen Main Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Main Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Secondary Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Delay 03:00

Basement Stairway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Sink Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Actions for Condition: c2

Immediate

Basement Back Left Light   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Back Right Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Bathroom Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Craft Room Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Main Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Hallway Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Basement Freezer Light   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Office Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
Basement Shower Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Basement Stairway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Main Dinning Room Lights   SetLoadLevelTarget    newLoadlevelTarget=0
First Bedroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Main Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Sink Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Kitchen Stool Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Bedroom Hallway Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Main Door Lock   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Entry Hall Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Guest Bathroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Main Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Guest Bathroom Blower   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Closet Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Door Lock   SetTarget    newTargetValue=1
Master Bathroom Shower Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Shower Blower   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Tub Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Vanity Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bathroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Master Bedroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Second Bedroom Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Secondary Living Room Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Secondary Living Room Lamp Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Actions for Condition: c3

Immediate

MultiSwitch   SetStatus3    newStatus3=-1
LUA for Condition: c4

luup.call_action("urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MSwitch1", "SetStatus3", {newStatus3 = "0"}, 75)
Actions for Condition: c5

Immediate

Master Bathroom Backyard Light   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Outside Backyard Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Outside Frontyard Lights   SetTarget    newTargetValue=0
Actions for Condition: c6

Immediate

VacationGhost   Set    newTargetValue=1

hi Pete, i see in your PLEG trigger you have MultiSwitch1 and MultiSwitch2. did you download 2 MultiSwitch plugin or just 1? i am downloading only 1 plugin of MultiSwitch and assign button 1 to me and button 2 to my wife in our iphones to be used  in iviri geofence. am i doing this correctly. i want to delete my 2 virtual switches and replace them with just 1 MultiSwitch to conserve memory. thanks and looking forward for your input

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2014, 03:09:10 pm »
For that I was using one multi-switch that has 8 switches on it, so I specified switch 1 on that particular device to control one thing and switch 2 on that particular device to control another thing.