We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: iViri Enhancement List  (Read 21803 times)

Offline jpete7683

Re: iViri Enhancement List
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 12:21:36 pm »
You can add custom images from your camera roll.  So if you find one online that you like or if you take a picture you like just make sure they are saved to your camera roll and then go to iViri settings and enable custom room images.  Then you will kill and relaunch iViri and when you tap on the room it will open your camera roll.  Then turn that setting back off once you have all of your rooms custom images set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 04:47:57 pm »
Aha! I always just thought it was for adding a custom background to the specific room! I had not realised it also added a custom icon in the "Rooms View".

However, could you please add the option of NOT adding the icon as a background in the specific room view?

A square icon gets really weird formatted as a background (see attached screenshots).

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2014, 05:08:09 pm »
Aha! I always just thought it was for adding a custom background to the specific room! I had not realised it also added a custom icon in the "Rooms View".

However, could you please add the option of NOT adding the icon as a background in the specific room view?

A square icon gets really weird formatted as a background (see attached screenshots).

Noted!  I was thinking about that after I wrote the recommendation.  I will go ahead and make sure that is added to v1.3 list of todo's.  Are you find v1.2 to be more stable than v1.1 and also faster?
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline betabob

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2014, 08:38:40 pm »
The update with the camera feeds is great. However as to geofencing changes, we don't really have decent, mapped addresses in the U.S. Virgin Islands , most roads don't have names, so I need to be able to point to current location, or at least use gps coordinates.

The nice thing about Standards is you have so many to choose from...

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2014, 10:05:29 pm »
The update with the camera feeds is great. However as to geofencing changes, we don't really have decent, mapped addresses in the U.S. Virgin Islands , most roads don't have names, so I need to be able to point to current location, or at least use gps coordinates.

It is added to the list for v1.3.  I am making a huge change to how geofences are stored and there for ibeacons being stored.  The app isn't as stable as I would like it when adding, removing, changing a current geofence or a future ibeacon.  So I will make this change along side of it.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 07:29:22 am »

Noted!  I was thinking about that after I wrote the recommendation.  I will go ahead and make sure that is added to v1.3 list of todo's.  Are you find v1.2 to be more stable than v1.1 and also faster?

v.1.2 seems to work better! I sometimes still get very long loading times when running scenes and commands compared to VeraMate though. The geofence ability also works much better now in v.1.2. on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

Also, please add the option to REMOVE the added custom icons! It seems I can?t remove, only replace an icon in the room view.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 08:11:01 am »
One question regarding setting up geofences in v1.2, it seems that I now have to enter an address ? I am in the UK, so what do I put in and what format ? Or just the post code ? It did not accept being left blank, and the use current location from v1.1 is gone

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:13 am »
Current location is being brought back in v1.3 along with ability to use address.  The format that I use is
<Street Number> <Street Name>, <City> <State>, <Zip Code>..... I am not sure on your address format but I would assume whatever format you would use in google maps would also work.

Offline SM2k

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2014, 09:20:17 am »
Current location is being brought back in v1.3 along with ability to use address.  The format that I use is
<Street Number> <Street Name>, <City> <State>, <Zip Code>..... I am not sure on your address format but I would assume whatever format you would use in google maps would also work.

Jpete, will iViri able to use an address in the form of "lat, lon"? Since the very beginning of IOS 6 when apple did away with google maps, they have listed my house about 8 blocks from it's actual location. It's crazy annoying--location based reminders at my house simply never go off. I filed about 25 bug reports before simply giving up hope that apple would ever bother to locate my house.

In the meantime, I think I can force iViri 1.2 to work by simply using a really large geofence radius.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2014, 09:30:48 am »
I will add it tonight

Offline mikee123

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 11:31:00 am »
some feedback on v1.2 (haven't had time to update to v1.3 beta yet)

really impressed with the accuracy of the geofence, its as good as on my android phone. Battery life has improved a lot since I have changed over from iphonelocator. Also where the iphonelocator struggled was coming home by car (iphonelocator very often did not register the phone being home until I had been in the house for a few minutes), iViri works brilliant Even coming home by car it switches to home when I am still a minute away. So overall far more useful and reliable so far, and less battery drain which equals less stress from the other half about battery drain...  ;D

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2014, 04:20:05 pm »
some feedback on v1.2 (haven't had time to update to v1.3 beta yet)

really impressed with the accuracy of the geofence, its as good as on my android phone. Battery life has improved a lot since I have changed over from iphonelocator. Also where the iphonelocator struggled was coming home by car (iphonelocator very often did not register the phone being home until I had been in the house for a few minutes), iViri works brilliant Even coming home by car it switches to home when I am still a minute away. So overall far more useful and reliable so far, and less battery drain which equals less stress from the other half about battery drain...  ;D

Very happy to hear the positive feedback.  I am so excited to get v1.3 out as I finally figured out how to fix the instability around adding, editing, deleting, inactivating, and activation of geofences.  You no longer get duplicates, no longer all delete when you remove one, and it is just overall way more stable.  If you have it working I would hold off on the BETA and wait for that to come out through the store but that is your call.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2014, 09:46:15 am »
v.1.2 seems to work better! I sometimes still get very long loading times when running scenes and commands compared to VeraMate though. The geofence ability also works much better now in v.1.2. on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

Hmm. I think I spoke too soon.

I still get very long delays for iViri to notice I have arrived at home or left. Sometimes when me and my family come home the status doesn?t change until 10-15 min. has passed (making the automatic unlocking of the doors pointless).

Is this something I could try to tweak using the settings?

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2014, 10:35:38 am »

Hmm. I think I spoke too soon.

I still get very long delays for iViri to notice I have arrived at home or left. Sometimes when me and my family come home the status doesn?t change until 10-15 min. has passed (making the automatic unlocking of the doors pointless).

Is this something I could try to tweak using the settings?

v1.3 that will be submitted to apple this week will tell you what the iOS translates your address to in terms of Longitude/Latitude, so you can take those values now and see on a map using google what it resolves to and it also lets you override them manually. You can also use currently location in v1.3 by leaving the address blank.  So those would be my first things to do, and then after that it would be to expand the radius around the address for the trigger to happen.  iViri doesn't do anything special for geofences, it just takes apples iOS callback functions and reacts when they are actually called back.  So for testing I normally tell users to setup a reminder in the reminders app and set your home as the reminding location and keep it on for awhile and see when that triggers as it uses the same call backs that iViri does.  This is the best way to test when the call back occurs with the iOS.  Also with v1.3 you can invest in iBeacons (estimote are the best ones I have delt with) and you could use that as your away home trigger too, although I haven't used it in that fashion it can be used to know your proximity and indicate when you come and leave your home.  I have one on the front door and as long as my geofence triggers me home and I come in proximity of it then the front door will unlock as I am walking up, which has been pretty accurate for me and my wife.

Offline Theduck38

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2014, 11:01:06 am »
Hello,

Would it be possible to add on the wish list the ability to control Virtual Switches ? The app is able to use them for geofencing but they don't appear in the rooms or devices that we can control manually...
Personally, most of my Vera Home Automation is based on PLEG and Virtual switches...
-- TD38 --
MacPro OSX10.6.8 -- MCV Vera3 - Rfxcom Rfxtrx433 -- Foscam FI8910W - Vision Security ZP-3102 -- Oregon BTHR918 / THGR810(x4) / THN132N - AeonLabs 4in1(x2) - Owl CM180 -- Duwi 05439(x7) -- ARC Plugs Diagral (x3) - Everspring AN157 - Fibaro FGD-211 -- Eaton 650 & 1200 + APC UPS PRO 900