We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Trane Z-Wave Thermostat Can't Adjust Temperature Settings  (Read 998 times)

Offline tcalhounjr

Trane Z-Wave Thermostat Can't Adjust Temperature Settings
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
I have a Trane z-wave thermostat that I originally purchased and installed about 3 years ago.  Was originally on Schlage Link service and worked great.  I switched to MCV and am still using this thermostat.  I am having problems setting temperatures.  From the thermostat I can set them easily.  In UI6 from the device window, I can switch to cool and set a cooling setpoint.  Then switch to heat and set a heat setpoint.  When I try to set the setpoints automatically from a scene in the advanced settings, it does not work.  I don't know if it is simply not changing them of if the settings in the device box itself override and set it back.  I could get by with just the normal and energy settings, but would much prefer to have a little more control over the temperatures.  Am I doing something wrong or just trying to do something that is not possible with MCV?

Offline capjay

Re: Trane Z-Wave Thermostat Can't Adjust Temperature Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 06:08:04 am »
might be a UI6 issue, did you see this: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23547.msg160446.html#msg160446

Ah! the excitement of using half-baked beta products  ;)

Offline tcalhounjr

Re: Trane Z-Wave Thermostat Can't Adjust Temperature Settings
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:54:37 am »
I did read that one.  Fortunately I'm not having that issue.  I guess for now, I will live with just a normal and energy mode and wait for the next UI update to see what happens.