Author Topic: After upgrade to UI6 I lost all settings  (Read 2332 times)

Offline jumper4000

After upgrade to UI6 I lost all settings
« on: March 16, 2014, 12:38:14 am »
I just upgraded to UI6 and lost all my settings and device configurations. All rooms, scenes, device names, luup codes, EVERYTHING is lost. It's like all I have now is a brand new VeraLite with about 55 newly added devices. It will be just about impossible to recreate everything from scratch. Has anyone seen this before? What can I do to get my settings and device configuration back?

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
Re: After upgrade to UI6 I lost all settings
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 02:21:50 am »
Do you have a back up? If not, contact support to restore against previous back.

You can see if there is a backup stored remotely.

Vera-IP/cmh_ui6/

Goto Settings > Unit Setting and log in.

Goto Back Ups, wait a moments and it should verify back up on the server.

Offline jumper4000

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 03:22:50 am »
I took a backup before the upgrade and tried restoring it. It goes through the restore, it reboots, and goes back to where it was. Nothing changes. Still no settings. Is there anything else I can try?

Offline Ron N

• Love my Vera Plus & Alexa
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:40:14 am »
I took a backup before the upgrade and tried restoring it. It goes through the restore, it reboots, and goes back to where it was. Nothing changes. Still no settings. Is there anything else I can try?

Did you store the back up on your computer or on vera3?

Offline jumper4000

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 02:09:19 pm »
I stored it on my computer, but it said there were backups on the server as well.

Offline Ron N

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 11:44:11 pm »
I stored it on my computer, but it said there were backups on the server as well.

Yes but I would use the clean back up on the computer the ones left behind might be missing parts as my did when I did it. But it's your call!

Offline Skaven

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 06:45:37 am »
When u do a upgrade to 6 al the plugins is still there but in som way the upgrade removes al the GUI connections to the plugins, dat was my problem, I fix my problem this way before I upgraded I did a total backup and after upgrade I run a restore from my backup, and rebooted Vera 3 and cleaned my internet browser history and cache  and rebooted my computer and relogged in and now it's back
// Sorry About My Spelling I?m Dyslectic //

Offline Ron N

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 07:12:14 am »
First to point out upgrading and down grading programs especially main programs is a big difference.

When you upgraded your enhancing and adding to an already running program unless other wise said. sort of like windows 95 to windows 98.

But when you downgrade a program you are going backwards. To make it simple if you down load for windows 98, app's and go back to windows 95, the apps will stop or even disappear because the parts they need to run are gone. That's why you keep and back up files, to protect each layer/level your at and so you can always go back, if you make a big mistake in programing. If a back up is kept in the same machine your reformatting to a lessor grade then you run the risk of the files being messed with. But again as I said it's your choice to do what you feel is best. But upgrading and downgrading are two different worlds.

Offline PreZ

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 04:43:50 pm »
I had the same issue.  But when I looked at the backups tab, it did not show any backups before the upgrade.
I ended up having to call MCV support, and they emailed me 3 prior backups from before my upgrade.  I was able to restore one of them and get back my settings as they were, but on the new UI.

Offline Ron N

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 01:08:37 am »
I had the same issue.  But when I looked at the backups tab, it did not show any backups before the upgrade.
I ended up having to call MCV support, and they emailed me 3 prior backups from before my upgrade.  I was able to restore one of them and get back my settings as they were, but on the new UI.

WOW that's scary on two fronts... One everyone should always back up off site their electronic anything if they are messing with the main program...

The second thing is if you erased or lost your back up on the vera then they should have been erased and lost on the MCV, what your saying is they kept copies as far back as three back ups or longer? Big question is why and why can't a person go and get them and erase them at will? I think that's kind of strange, especially when I have 16 cams I am hooking up in and out of my house? if they keep 3 to 6 back-ups off our vera X the number of Vera's out there and then some, That's quite  little data base they have going there! Did anyone ever read in the license that they do this?

Thought for the day!
Smiles
Ron