Author Topic: VistaCam PT Firmware?  (Read 11938 times)

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
VistaCam PT Firmware?
« on: March 18, 2014, 10:48:07 am »
Anybody know where one might find firmware downloads for the VistaCam PT?

Offline tomtcom

Re: VistaCam PT Firmware?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:57:09 am »

Lol I was looking myself to see if there were some updates but haven't found anywhere to download from.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:02:51 am »

Lol I was looking myself to see if there were some updates but haven't found anywhere to download from.

So it's just not me then.  I've asked "tech support" 3x if there was updated firmware with no answer. 

If anything needs an update, it's this lovely piece of hardware...

Motion Alarm Notification by HTTP URL does not work.
Will not connect to an SSID that contains spaces.
No way to set the PT presets.

Mine has:
Device Firmware Version             17.1.1.23
Device Embedded Web UI Version 30.10.1.50

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:20:15 pm »
Check out my thread just a few posts back:

Topic: Tips and Tricks - VistaCam PT using VeraLite and IP Cam Viewer for Android  (Read 54 times)

I was able to get motion activation to work. Not sure about the SSID containing spaces. I remember that some routers also don't interpret a space very well. Perhaps try some type of wild card....so for example "My Wifi" you could put My_Wifi or My?Wifi. The ? I think I've seen before.

The PT presets are done on the URL of the camera also.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:37:05 pm »
Check out my thread just a few posts back:

Topic: Tips and Tricks - VistaCam PT using VeraLite and IP Cam Viewer for Android  (Read 54 times)

I was able to get motion activation to work. Not sure about the SSID containing spaces. I remember that some routers also don't interpret a space very well. Perhaps try some type of wild card....so for example "My Wifi" you could put My_Wifi or My?Wifi. The ? I think I've seen before.

The PT presets are done on the URL of the camera also.

Yes, I read that.  I too have the camera emailing me photos just fine.  It's the notification by URL to the VeraLite unit that doesn't work.  See my post here:  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,18156.msg164691.html#msg164691

I did try escaping the space and quotes, but didn't try a ?.  Good idea, I'll try that.

Yeah, everything I've read says that you set the presets on the camera's web page.  Weird thing is, my camera's webpage doesn't have a way to do that!  It's supposedly on the "Live Video" page?  I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE...

Out of curiosity, what firmware versions does your camera show it's running?

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 02:57:53 pm »
I set up the presets on my Android app, hence the reason I put the whole big guide together for remote viewing as well so I haven't had a chance to look closely at the presets from the web interface itself.

You have a higher firmware than me, I have 17.1.1.22, 30.10.1.50.

I'll look tonight possibly on the interface about presets and notification and see if I can help.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 04:01:47 pm »
I set up the presets on my Android app, hence the reason I put the whole big guide together for remote viewing as well so I haven't had a chance to look closely at the presets from the web interface itself.

You have a higher firmware than me, I have 17.1.1.22, 30.10.1.50.

I'll look tonight possibly on the interface about presets and notification and see if I can help.

Ah, gotcha.  That makes sense.

Interesting about the different firmware levels, yet MCV doesn't make them available for download!

Thanks in advance for checking it out.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »
Take a look at the picture I attached. Below the circle adjustment dial you have two buttons left to right, then the 2 rows of 3. The top two buttons are what you want. If you hover over them with the mouse the one on the left says "Set preset position" and the one on the right says "Call the preset position". So use the circle dial to direct your camera where you want it then choose "Set preset position". Once you hit "Call the preset position" choose the number that corresponds and it should go there.

Still looking at notification URL. Looking at the page source doesn't revel anything yet.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:45:06 pm »
Take a look at the picture I attached. Below the circle adjustment dial you have two buttons left to right, then the 2 rows of 3. The top two buttons are what you want.

Ack, I'm a moron.  Thanks for pointing out them out to me!  I didn't even notice those two buttons. 

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 06:19:26 am »
Take a look at the picture I attached. Below the circle adjustment dial you have two buttons left to right, then the 2 rows of 3. The top two buttons are what you want.

Ack, I'm a moron.  Thanks for pointing out them out to me!  I didn't even notice those two buttons.

Lol no worries. I give up on the URL notification. I tried but with no documentation I'm just not sure how to use that feature.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 10:27:54 am »
I give up on the URL notification. I tried but with no documentation I'm just not sure how to use that feature.

The field should have contain a URL that points back to your Vera unit to trigger motion detection so that you can then use it in a scene.  Unfortunately, the firmware truncates the URL and I'm not convinced the URL trigger works anyway.  This is because I wrote a daemon that runs on my Mac Mini to redirect the camera's request to the Vera unit (thus resulting in a shorter URL and no truncation), but I have yet to see the camera connect to the Mini when motion is detected (I do get the emails though).  The daemon works fine when tested with other means (telnet, browser, etc), so I'm stumped too.

I did hear back from MCV tech support and he said he's going to update the firmware in my camera.  Stay tuned...

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 10:52:51 am »
I give up on the URL notification. I tried but with no documentation I'm just not sure how to use that feature.

The field should have contain a URL that points back to your Vera unit to trigger motion detection so that you can then use it in a scene.  Unfortunately, the firmware truncates the URL and I'm not convinced the URL trigger works anyway.  This is because I wrote a daemon that runs on my Mac Mini to redirect the camera's request to the Vera unit (thus resulting in a shorter URL and no truncation), but I have yet to see the camera connect to the Mini when motion is detected (I do get the emails though).  The daemon works fine when tested with other means (telnet, browser, etc), so I'm stumped too.

I did hear back from MCV tech support and he said he's going to update the firmware in my camera.  Stay tuned...

Interesting. Good info. Let me know what they say and if you get some info I'll test again.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »
Interesting. Good info. Let me know what they say and if you get some info I'll test again.

MCV tech support came through with a firmware update for the VistaCam PT and motion detection notification by URL to the Vera unit now works!  The updated firmware version is 17.1.1.24

The tech updated the firmware himself, so I guess you'd have to open up a support case to get the update.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 04:35:57 pm »

MCV tech support came through with a firmware update for the VistaCam PT and motion detection notification by URL to the Vera unit now works!  The updated firmware version is 17.1.1.24

The tech updated the firmware himself, so I guess you'd have to open up a support case to get the update.

Lol...so I guess over time it won't update itself? Does vera get push updates or do you know? I'd hate to have to call every time to find out if firmware is available.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 04:39:42 pm »
Lol...so I guess over time it won't update itself? Does vera get push updates or do you know? I'd hate to have to call every time to find out if firmware is available.

I'm guessing you'd have to request it given the fact that checking the "Auto Update" box on plug-ins doesn't seem to do anything...   :-\