Author Topic: VistaCam PT Firmware?  (Read 11937 times)

Offline tomtcom

Re: VistaCam PT Firmware?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »
Lol...so I guess over time it won't update itself? Does vera get push updates or do you know? I'd hate to have to call every time to find out if firmware is available.

I'm guessing you'd have to request it given the fact that checking the "Auto Update" box on plug-ins doesn't seem to do anything...   :-

Lol...thanks for the tip! Wondered why my excellent Google skills couldn't find anything. Cause the crap isn't posted anywhere!....haha!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 07:18:34 pm »
Lol...so I guess over time it won't update itself? Does vera get push updates or do you know? I'd hate to have to call every time to find out if firmware is available.

I'm guessing you'd have to request it given the fact that checking the "Auto Update" box on plug-ins doesn't seem to do anything...   :-

Lol...thanks for the tip! Wondered why my excellent Google skills couldn't find anything. Cause the crap isn't posted anywhere!....haha!

Yeah, I don't know what their hesitation is in regards to posting firmware updates.

Seems like everybody updating to firmware that fixes problems would lighten their tech support load...   ???

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 09:25:15 am »
This morning I thought I'd see if the new firmware fixed the WiFi problems and I can report that it does!  Spaces are now allowed in the SSID.  Yay!

Nice job MCV!

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 02:41:20 pm »
This morning I thought I'd see if the new firmware fixed the WiFi problems and I can report that it does!  Spaces are now allowed in the SSID.  Yay!

Nice job MCV!

Lol good to hear!

Offline Bill Scruggs

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:42 pm »
I may have missed something in the thread but some of my Vistacam PTs would not stop on a PTZ request without hitting STOP and some would. The difference was the firmware! 17.1.1.22 and 17.11.23. I deleted the cameras with 17.1.1.22 and re-added them and they upgraded themselves to firmware 17.1.1.23!!!!!! Now all work the same. It may not be 17.1.1.24 but they work.

Hope this helps somebody.

Offline Bill Scruggs

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 08:35:36 pm »
I may have spoken to soon about the PTZ, but the firmware did upgrade. Now I need to figure out why some of the cameras stop themselves and some you have to hit the stop button..

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 11:14:37 am »
So after weeks of trying various things to keep this camera from locking up, I've come to the conclusion that it, or it's firmware is crap.  Initially it would stop working after a couple weeks.  Now it's locking up within a few days.  Upon power cycling, it works fine.  This happens on either WiFi or cabled.

My guess is that FW 17.1.1.24 isn't quite ready for primetime.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Offline chuckm

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 06:16:41 am »
I have the same issue with the Space in the SSID. thanks to this thread after much hunting i was able to determine that the space in my SSID is why i cant connect to my Wifi. there was no indication that was the case. i am curious how it was figured out. I only wasted 3 hours...ugghhh >:(

i can tell you that my camera was working fine on a different network. So if it starts locking up when I get the new firmware I will post here. I am currently running 17.1.1.22

Totally BS there are no  firmware updates posted for download. Now I need to hunt down a tech support rep and find time to work with support. I called during posted business hours, no answer, left a message. This will be my first experience with TS.  I bought into this system because of the open source community. Now I have to get on the phone with tech support for a fix to a known bug...sheeshh  And whats up with requiring to complete a test when your posting a comment?? Then approved by a monitor. Somebody running this ships is a control freak. Enable self service & empower the community. The forums, your products and your company will prosper for it.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 08:29:30 pm »
I have the same issue with the Space in the SSID. thanks to this thread after much hunting i was able to determine that the space in my SSID is why i cant connect to my Wifi. there was no indication that was the case. i am curious how it was figured out. I only wasted 3 hours...ugghhh >:(

i can tell you that my camera was working fine on a different network. So if it starts locking up when I get the new firmware I will post here. I am currently running 17.1.1.22

Totally BS there are no  firmware updates posted for download. Now I need to hunt down a tech support rep and find time to work with support. I called during posted business hours, no answer, left a message. This will be my first experience with TS.  I bought into this system because of the open source community. Now I have to get on the phone with tech support for a fix to a known bug...sheeshh  And whats up with requiring to complete a test when your posting a comment?? Then approved by a monitor. Somebody running this ships is a control freak. Enable self service & empower the community. The forums, your products and your company will prosper for it.

There's an auto update plugin app from the ui6 where you install apps. That will auto download firmware. There's no public posted driver download for the vista cam.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 09:14:08 pm »
My guess is that FW 17.1.1.24 isn't quite ready for primetime.

After weeks of testing, I can report that 17.1.1.24 is solid as a rock IF you don't turn on motion detection.  With motion detection on, it'll lock up in 2 days.  With it off, it's been a month with no lockups.

Offline chuckm

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 09:24:04 pm »
Well it never auto updated when I had it on the vera network. Have they released that fw through AU? Now I have the cam at a different location which is how I discovered that the space in the SSID was a probmlem . its self contained and off the Vera network so I couldn't use that method for updating anyway. I've got it fixed now with 17.1.1.24...at least the SSID

Completely beats the point of having a remote camera if motion doesn't work. I am going on vacation and want to receive alerts for certain area of my house.

That test to post here is ridiculous. Never ever ever have  seen anything like it. The letters are bad enough.

Offline tom101davies

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 08:17:25 am »
so has ANYBODY figured out the location of the firmware download site

my cameras wont stay connected for more then 24 hours, I am getting tired of this

thanks Tom

Offline Freelowdr

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 07:36:55 am »
Bit late in the game but it just so happens I've researched this same issue. Turns out that the firmware available for the Pyle PIPCAM5 is precisely compatible with the model VistaCam PT. As shown in this guide, download the firmware files. Don't use the updater as mentioned in the guide. Run firmware updates from multi device section as I'm about to describe. Simply go to the IP address of your cam via your browser then go to Server Push Mode sign in. Default password for Admin is blank password. Under Multi Device you can select the firmware files to submit. Select file with name containing "first" in title. submit. This is firmware 18.1.1.27. Wait for device to restart. Go back, Then select file with name containing "second" in title. submit. This will bring you to firmware 19.75.1.39.  If you have android, I recommend TinyCam Monitor for viewing the cam. There is a free version and it works. Scan network for your cam. Select Foscam as the brand. Model is Generic. Protocol is Server Push (MJPEG). So far this runs great but I've not done extensive testing.
https://pyleaudio.helpshift.com/a/pyle-ip/?s=pipcam5-pipcam12-pipcam15-pipcam25&f=how-to-update-firmware-for-pipcam5---pipcam12---pipcam15
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:09:22 am by Freelowdr »