We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Notifications Without Scenes  (Read 1974 times)

Offline maja

Notifications Without Scenes
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:16:34 am »
For pure notifications a scene is really not necessary as no device is being controlled. How can I create a notification without a scene?

FYI, I am on the latest UI. I have several triggers (that send notifications) that don't have a scene. Well, actually in the list of triggers it shows and entry for a scene name but when I go to Scenes I don't see any such scene. Note that these triggers were probably created before I upgraded to the new UI.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Notifications Without Scenes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:05:42 am »
These are considered invisible Scenes are will not show in the Scene section of the UI or in the 3rd party apps. It has been like this for a very long time. If you think about it, it seems logical as it is technically a special scene that acts on a trigger and fires off the notification. There should be absolutely no reason to change how this works.

- Garrett

Offline maja

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:25:14 am »
Garrett, thanks for the reply. So how do I make these scenes invisible because as of now they show up under scenes?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:00:20 am »
Unless something changed in UI6, they should be invisible. That's how it is in UI5.

- Garrett

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »
Garrett, thanks for the reply. So how do I make these scenes invisible because as of now they show up under scenes?

Another approach (if you have it and use it) would be to fire off a notification from PLEG.

Offline maja

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 10:46:10 pm »
Garrett, maybe I am doing something wrong. Here is what I do:

Go to "Automation"
Click on "New Scene"
Click on "Triggers"
Click on "Add Trigger"
Select the device, event type, mode, give a name to the trigger and the scene
Confirm the changes

This brings me back to Automation->Scenes where I now see the scene

Please let me know I need to do this differently.

Offline maja

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 10:57:38 pm »

Another approach (if you have it and use it) would be to fire off a notification from PLEG.
[/quote]
I guess for each notification I need a PLEG device which will use up 25% of the devices per license (4 devices/license). Is this correct? This would become kind of costly quickly as already now I have quite a few notifications (but many hardly if ever fire like low battery, forced entry, etc).

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 06:41:04 am »
You wouldn't need to create a new PLEG device, rather put the notification as a new condition/action in an existing one.

You can put many conditions in you PLEG devices.

Offline maja

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 09:21:39 pm »
Today I stumbled on how to do this. If you go to the list of devices click on the wrench which opens information about the device. Select the tab "Notifications". There you can add notifications without having to create a scene.

My next question now is how to add some LUUP code to it (without creating a scene) but I will ask this in a separate thread.