We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Has Intermatic abandoned Z-wave?  (Read 1622 times)

Offline zamazing

Has Intermatic abandoned Z-wave?
« on: March 07, 2014, 09:43:49 am »
Does anyone know if they are they still manufacturing and supporting their Z-wave dimmers and switches? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Has Intermatic abandoned Z-wave?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:50:49 am »
Intermatic stopped production on these switches some years ago.

Wayne Dalton and others picked up production of some of the Intermatic products, but dimmers like the Intermatic CA600 are no longer in production.

Offline zamazing

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:52:30 am »
Thanks.  That probably explains why they are available on eBay for so much less than the competition.

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 12:03:49 pm »
I have bought them in bulk a couple times on eBay. Haven't had any issues with them but know they really aren't supported anymore. My concern right now is led lighting. I haven't done any yet as I am still waiting for the bulbs to be realistically priced but know I will have some areas that I will need to change switches to deal with this. Risk I knew I was going to take buying but the price was right and they work very well.

Offline golfnut

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33:21 am »
First time poster here so bear with me if this is old news.....I purchased some CA600 switches off Ebay to use in my basement.  I have LED retrofit lights.  The switches to not appear to be compatible with the lights.  Several light circuits have 20 lights and they work OK but the dimmer functionality is very rough, especially when using the switch itself.  When using my phone or computer the dimmer is much smoother and more adjustable.  On a few circuits where I have 10 or less lights there is a fair amount of flickering when the lights are on.  When the switch is off there is ghosting/flickering of the first few lights on the circuit.  I'm in the process of finding a different switch.....looks like it was an expensive mistake for me!

Offline zamazing

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:16:17 pm »
You need a dimmer with a neutral wire for LED lights.  Unfortunately, the Intermatic dimmers do not have a neutral wire and result in flickering when used with LED lights.  Your solution is to go with a dimmer like the Linear WD500Z or add an incandescent bulb somewhere in your circuit.

Offline ColdCowboy

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 10:15:56 am »

First time poster here so bear with me if this is old news.....I purchased some CA600 switches off Ebay to use in my basement.  I have LED retrofit lights.  The switches to not appear to be compatible with the lights.  Several light circuits have 20 lights and they work OK but the dimmer functionality is very rough, especially when using the switch itself.  When using my phone or computer the dimmer is much smoother and more adjustable.  On a few circuits where I have 10 or less lights there is a fair amount of flickering when the lights are on.  When the switch is off there is ghosting/flickering of the first few lights on the circuit.  I'm in the process of finding a different switch.....looks like it was an expensive mistake for me!

What I have observed (and read) is that you typically need a combined load of about 60 Watts on your CA600 for them to properly turn off.  If an average LED replacement is 18W then you'll probably need 3 or 4 for it to function properly.  I too have these switches and plan on slowly replacing them.