Author Topic: Bluespray  (Read 14895 times)

Offline jimpapa

Bluespray
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:07:45 pm »
Has anyone used this irrigation system?
http://www.bluespray.net

it looks pretty nice.. I have never considered installing one until now.  Hopefully we have a hot summer and I beed one!

I emailed support and they do have an API: (Reply to my email below)

Jim,

Our API is HTTP based, JSON data.  You can use it to access just about everything
on the controller.  In fact, our UI is built on it.

We do provide API documentation to partners/integrators/developers.  Just need
you to sign an NDA as a formal process (our legal dept. requires it).  If you would
just sign it, scan, and send it back, we'll send you the API document.

Thank you for your interest in BlueSpray.

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
Re: Bluespray
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:17:58 pm »
I'm extremely interested in this as a replacement for my archaic zone controller. So, let me see if I understand this... A non-disclosure has to be signed for someone to access their own controller. Odd to say the least. So Jim, are you going to sign and drive ? I'm curious how an NDA will hinder plug-in development and how much this unit costs...
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:29:45 pm »
Trolled their discussion forum and found they sell this on Amazon (via Smarthome). Price is $199 for the 8 zone version (BlueSpray 8 Zone Wi-Fi Lawn Watering Control Box) and the price goes up for the 16 ($280) and 24 zone models ($330). Buying direct appears to be more expensive (link below)

Anyone else notice they have an Garage door kit.. Hmm
"The Garage Door Kit allows you to monitor your garage door, program to automatically close it, and manually open/close it"

http://store.bluespray.net/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:31:59 pm by CudaNet »

Offline jimpapa

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 02:54:34 pm »
I did notice the Garage door Kit also,  I am not a developer, I just made the query to see if it was a possibility.

Since we all see things we would like to see integrated into vera just to find that there is no open API.

Good to see they have one and would share it.. even with an NDA.. but maybe a Dev would have another opinion about the NDA

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »
I totally understand and yes, it's the first thing we do is inquire about a products API - else why bother right..  I guess until we (our a dev) reviews the NDA, we really won't know why it's necessary. Glad you posted the product though, looks like it has potential as it matures and I might buy one anyways and use LUA to manage it.

I did notice the Garage door Kit also,  I am not a developer, I just made the query to see if it was a possibility.

Since we all see things we would like to see integrated into vera just to find that there is no open API.

Good to see they have one and would share it.. even with an NDA.. but maybe a Dev would have another opinion about the NDA

Offline Aaron

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 08:10:26 pm »
this looks interesting. I wish it had at least on/off zone buttons so yard maint staff could simply run a zone for testing, etc.

Let me know if you integrate into Vera... though, I'm not sure why it would be needed.

Offline jimpapa

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 09:57:53 am »
this looks interesting. I wish it had at least on/off zone buttons so yard maint staff could simply run a zone for testing, etc.

Let me know if you integrate into Vera... though, I'm not sure why it would be needed.

I don't know either.. It seems if it can be ...  It should be  :D

But, it does seem to cover its own logic and not need extra from vera.., but. Given some time I'm sure I could come up with at least one reason. 

Offline bluespray

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 11:11:44 am »
Pardon the intrusion, but I'd just like to clarify our position on home automation.

We at BlueSpray recognize that irrigation control is a missing link to complete home automation.  We design BlueSpray to address this very issue.  We have a HTTP/JSON based API that allows you to access almost everything about the controller.  In fact, our Web UI is built on it.  You can build your own UI if you wish.

We only request an NDA for the API document.  The main reason is we need to keep track of it.  For competitive reason, we just can't leave it out there.  That being said, we don't ever turn any one down.  Just a little formal process (our legals require it).

We can be and would like to be integrated into every home automation software.  It would be a daunting task, so if anyone here is interested in Micasavede/BlueSpray integration development, we would be more than glad to donate a controller, provided that you'd make your work public for all Micasaverde's users to use.  Please contact me directly if you're interested.

Limited offer only.  First come first serve.

Offline jimpapa

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 01:29:50 pm »
I'll take you up on that... If you notice.. I was the one who started the thread and contacted Bluespray to see if the API existed.

I thought it was cool and still do!

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »
I'll take you up on that... If you notice.. I was the one who started the thread and contacted Bluespray to see if the API existed.

I thought it was cool and still do!

Nice!  There is a great community of interested HA users here.

Power and water control... "its the way of the future" (The Aviator)

Offline Ramias

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 07:54:50 am »
Ready to buy one of these as soon as I can connect it to Vera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline tomgru

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 10:20:24 am »
Ready to buy one of these as soon as I can connect it to Vera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1

Offline TC1

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 11:00:42 am »

Easy use case. Front lawn is watering right now. You need to leave house. Either unlock event from zwave lock or front-door sensor open event tells Vera to tell irrigation to pause for X minutes after door is re-locked or door closed. Gives you time to leave, watering resumes.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 11:32:03 am »

Easy use case. Front lawn is watering right now. You need to leave house. Either unlock event from zwave lock or front-door sensor open event tells Vera to tell irrigation to pause for X minutes after door is re-locked or door closed. Gives you time to leave, watering resumes.

Umm.....just let me say....BRILLIANT! So simple and yet so brilliant! I'm not sure I would have thought of that use case at all, but it really makes sense. I just had my sprinkler switched over to solenoids this past year (used to just be the rotation thing where the pump turned off for 12 minutes to change zones). I'm not sure how hard it would be to switch from the RainBird to this one, but I now think it is worth looking into!
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline TC1

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 12:04:29 pm »
While many folks are smart and water their lawn during the pre-dawn hours, for those that don't do that, and they don't want to have to remember what the schedule is, have a virtual switch for something like "Guests" or "Party" mode. You can then have Vera tell the watering system to suspend/pause schedule while guests are there and they might wander outside. It stops you from having to fiddle with the schedule manually.