Author Topic: Bluespray  (Read 11510 times)

Online DeltaNu1142

Re: Bluespray
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 12:49:29 pm »
My watering schedule isn't dictated by my intelligence or my ability to remember when people are coming over...  it's set by the city. However, I would absolutely love to have the ability to water certain zones on demand to accompany the set schedule. For instance, I've just replaced a bunch of plants that now need daily watering in one zone only. I'd like to control that via Vera. It's low on my list, but interesting.

It's really nice to see a vendor posting here.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 01:05:55 pm »
My watering schedule isn't dictated by my intelligence or my ability to remember when people are coming over...  it's set by the city. However, I would absolutely love to have the ability to water certain zones on demand to accompany the set schedule. For instance, I've just replaced a bunch of plants that now need daily watering in one zone only. I'd like to control that via Vera. It's low on my list, but interesting.

It's really nice to see a vendor posting here.

Mine are as well (actually, but the Southwestern water management of FL or whatever). However, I do like TC1's idea of turning off the front sprinklers if they are on when you walk out. I do tend to start my cycle at 4am, but sometimes we leave early in the AM and it would be nice to have them turn off for 10 minutes while we leave then turn back on and resume. Also, though my days are Wednesday and Saturday, if we get a heavy rain on Tuesday, it would be nice to skip that Wednesday and the electrical costs for the pump (well water, so no savings in water except that we help not use up "reserves")

That being said, we are also allowed to water "flower beds" any time of the week, so this might prompt me to put in additional zones just for the flower beds and have them be smart (Based on rain, temp, etc). Currently I only have 3 zones and they are merged lawn/flower zones (from previous owner).
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Online DeltaNu1142

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 01:09:12 pm »
Ahh--I'm in the Tampa area, probably north of you. We're definitely under the jurisdiction of the city.

I've always wanted to be able to trigger a single zone by an incorrect front door keypad entry...  so that if someone's playing with the door lock, they get doused with water.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline TC1

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 01:13:32 pm »
Ahh--I'm in the Tampa area, probably north of you. We're definitely under the jurisdiction of the city.

I've always wanted to be able to trigger a single zone by an incorrect front door keypad entry...  so that if someone's playing with the door lock, they get doused with water.

;D

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 01:14:13 pm »

We are more east of you, but for some reason they include us. The city has the "option" of city rules, they just follow the general ones for the SW water division. The bigger cities (like Tampa) add in their own as well. Some times small town life has it's benefits :) (and between 2010 and 2012 I worked in Tampa and just let me say....the traffic SUCKS!!!! Man do I hate traffic!!)
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 03:36:11 pm »
Ordering soon, going to request the API first and see what's involved. Don't really need a plug-in since the device can be addressed in JSON.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline Ramias

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 02:42:37 pm »
So has anybody written a working plugin for this yet?

Offline tb001

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »
This looks really nice. I'd be interested in a plugin as well. I've been looking at the plant link sensors--would be nice to be able to integrate both into vera and automate watering based on feedback from the sensors.

Offline alienz

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 05:10:18 pm »
I bought opensprinkler after reading this thread.

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 01:01:28 pm »
I was just about to purchase Blue Spray, but I decided that Open Sprinkler offered all the control I needed (via luup) at a slightly lesser cost (-$50). Since I'm going to integrate Open Sprinkler with a local PWS (2 blocks away), I don't need fancy GUI's or apps etc. I just want to write simple yet effective luup code to adjust to conditions I specify. Obviously this can be achieved with Blue Spray but the work involved is a lot easier with Open Sprinkler.

With that said, Blue Spray looks like a great product with lots of potential and I always applaud companies that expose their API so I wish them well...

I bought opensprinkler after reading this thread.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline xeinth

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »
Any progress here?

I'd go with Bluespray if there was some work being done on a pluggin.  Normally I'd consider a stand alone system, but given the increasingly complex watering rules we have with the city it might be nice to have more programmatic control that I can achieve with Vera.  For example, stopping a water based on the possibility of rain the next day is risky.  It would also be nice to have a bit more control with watering on the south and west facing sides of the house where typically you need a bit more water due to the heat.

X