Author Topic: VeraMate (5.3.2) do not work for me  (Read 1714 times)

Offline tmorberg

VeraMate (5.3.2) do not work for me
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:10:55 am »
Hi

I am using various of IPAD?s including 3 and 4, and Vera Mate Version 5.3.2 and a single UI5 (1.5.622) Vera Light Hardware connected on  home network router RT-N66U (merlin build 3.0.0.4.374.35_4).

Have tested the light version of VeraMate with in-app upgrade to premium but also another purchase of the full app (however, there where not installed at the same time).

What happens is that to app after it is logged in is continuess reloding and no devices shows up (have waited 10-15 minutes as most). On a previous version (some month ago) it worked flawless. Inside VeraMate i can see that i am logged into my local vera device (settings-Veras).

What to do?  ::)

Something incompatible?
Changed needed to the router (whats ports f.e.)?
Something needed to be enabled on some side?

//Thomas

Offline veramate

Re: VeraMate (5.3.2) do not work for me
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:17:15 am »
Hi Thomas

I'm not aware of any problems using UI5 at the moment.  There is a problem with UI6 crashing when it attempts to get a session, but this won't effect UI5.

Could you try 2 things - could you log out, and then back in again?  And if that doesn't work, see if you can log in as "guest" when on the local network?

I don't believe it would be anything wrong on your setup unless your firewall is changed, but let me know how the above goes.
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline tmorberg

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:32:10 am »
That was a really quck reply!  :o

Tried to logout and then logged in again - Same behaviour (waited 3-5 minutes)
Also tried the guest logon on the home network -  Same behaviour as before (waited 3-5 minutes)

Before my first post i also restarted the vera light unit (hard -boot).

Offline tmorberg

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:18:24 am »
IOS version on the devices is: 7.1

I have also tried with:

Same as above but with Iphone (including local guest logon)
Remote (no wifi) logon.
Disabled IP6 firewall in the router.
Disabled IP5 firewall in the router.
Restored to yesterday backup on the VERA device (just to test something, however, i have not made any changes)

I also have the Automator app and that works, however, i more like the interface and functionality of the VeraMate app why i really want it to work. I guess the Automator app uses the same API?

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Offline veramate

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 04:12:27 am »
I'm a bit stumped as I've heard no other reports about this.  Will PM you if you're able to give me a guest login to see if I can replicate....
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline tmorberg

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 02:50:35 am »
Great News!

With excellent support by VeraMate that included beta update (ver 5.5.0) the app now works flawlessy without any other change needed in the system.

Thanxs for the great support and a very nice app!

Keep up the good work!

//Thomas