Author Topic: Almost given up on Nest  (Read 2184 times)

Offline kyb2012

Almost given up on Nest
« on: July 20, 2015, 02:05:33 am »
I loved Watou's Nest plugin on UI5.
But since I got a Vera Edge and UI7 (1.7.1248), I had some intermittent problems with the Nest plugin, so I uninstalled and tried the "official" WWN plugin from MCV.  It's much worse.  I have heat and AC and my Nest is set in Auto-mode, so has two different setpoints.  I couldn't change either one through the WWN plugin.  I read a previous post that said MCV support suggested to put the Nest in either Heat or Cool mode, not Auto.  That's not an option for me.
So, out of curiosity, I tried re-installing Watou's Nest plugin on UI7.  It actually works and also gives me the "ModeState" to indicate if my furnace is Idle, Heating, or Cooling - something that the WWN plugin did not. 
The only shortcoming with the Nest plugin seems to be that the current temperature, and set points are automatically rounded up to the next degree celcius.  Is there any chance that this small issue could be fixed?  Then it'd be perfect and I'd have accurate visibility and control of Nest through Vera again. 
Watou?  Please.

p.s. Another observation is that when I use the Nest Plugin through the AutHomation app, it does actually allow me to adjust the set points by 0.5 degrees, but it's just that the display of the setpoints is rounded up.

Offline kyb2012

Re: Almost given up on Nest
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 02:39:03 am »
Found it!!

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27247.msg194927.html#msg194927

Just had to set the TemperatureScale in the main Nest device to 2.  Thanks Watou!!

Offline watou

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 02:17:42 am »
Found it!!

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27247.msg194927.html#msg194927

Just had to set the TemperatureScale in the main Nest device to 2.  Thanks Watou!!

I still marvel at the loss of proper setpoint control in UI7, and that Vera decided to replace my work one day with their own without notice.  But I'm glad my plugin is still valuable to someone.  You're very welcome!

Offline Gklmdawson

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 08:54:02 am »
Watou, your plugin is still very much in use in my system. In true form, the wwn from vera breaks/blocks my dsc connection. I am getting a lot of mileage from your hard work. Thanks again for your time and effort.

Offline dsroberts1945

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 12:50:27 pm »
Watou I concur with the previous posts, without your nest plugin I wouldn't be able to use the dsc plugin and all the alarm sensors. Many thanks for all your hard work we in the community appreciate you.
David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline watou

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 12:57:22 pm »
Thank you both for the kind words of support.  I'm very happy that the plugin manages to live on!   

Offline tvipond

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »
I too give the utmost of koodos to you Watou...your app is the heart of my control system...and will be until such time as Vera finds a way to disable it...thank you for your hard work. If half the apps made by 3rd parties or Vera themselves were as good as yours is, we wouldn't be pulling our hair out half the time...I am a seasoned programmer as well so I know a great talent when I see one!

Terry