We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Any way to do a scene delay of, say 17 minutes and 30 seconds?  (Read 884 times)

Offline bookemdano

Just picked that number as an example. In UI5 when setting up delays for a scene you can choose seconds, minutes, or hours, but the text box only accommodates three digits. So in my example above you could do 16 minutes and 30 seconds by typing 990 in the box and choosing seconds. But to do 17 minutes 30 seconds would be 1050 seconds, which won't fit in the box.

The same principle would hold (though less common a scenario) if you needed to specify a delay of longer than 16 hours 39 minutes *in* minutes.

Am I missing something here or is that just a limitation I have to live with? I know I can just set it up as a separate scene rather than a delay, but rather than have a ton of scenes I've been trying to consolidate things into a smaller number of more complex scenes.

If that's just the way it is, no big deal. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks!

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Re: Any way to do a scene delay of, say 17 minutes and 30 seconds?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:48:36 am »
I believe you can use:

75M  ... but then you can't use seconds.

or 10H then you cant't use minutes or seconds.

You can use PLEG or PLTS ... they support time intervals using  HH:MM:SS format.

or just:
     SSSS
or
     MMMM:SSSS

i.e. MM and SS are not limited to 60  and Hours are not limited to 24.

So       30:100:121
Is equivalent to:
            31:42:01

But then you have to wonder if Vera will still be running after 31 hours ... In a scene if Vera Restarts ... you loose the event ... If you schedule again ... it will be 31 hours from the Restart.
In PLEG and PLTS ... even if Vera restarts 5 times ... The action will fire 31 hours from when it was originally scheduled.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:00:58 am by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline bookemdano

Re: Any way to do a scene delay of, say 17 minutes and 30 seconds?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:11:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply and info RichardTSchaefer. In the end I don't think I'll need it but it's good to know there are ways to do it if the need arises in the future.