Author Topic: Configuring MultiWave PE653 PE953 to Vera - Firmware 3.3  (Read 9533 times)

Offline dkeefe

Re: Configuring MultiWave PE653 PE953 to Vera - Firmware 3.3
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 01:48:25 pm »
7 devices on my vera (5 appliances, 1 controller and 1 scene control).

Thanks a lot!

are you sure the multiwave is running fw 3.3? iirc, what you are describing was the behavior with the 3.2 fw.

Offline lardlad00

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 02:48:12 pm »
Hoping some more knowledgeable people might be able to help me out. Just got a Vera and am also a relatively new owner of a multiwave controller. I have run into two problems.

When I try to pair the 653 wired device to the Vera, I get absolutely nowhere. I take the vera to the 653, get the orange light blinking, press *the button*, which doesn't seem to do anything to the vera.

Oh well, I figured, and I tried to just link the 953 remote first.  The remote was found by the vera, but it appears to have bricked my 953!  The 953 now shows a screen that's "on" with a backlight, but nothing displays on the screen. I left the batteries out all night and the same behavior is seen this morning. I now can't control anything on my spa...

Any ideas while I wait to hear from Intermatic?

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 01:38:39 pm »
good luck with intermatic.

you need to follow the steps verbatim and make sure you reset the multiwave to the defaults before you start.

posting which fw versions you are funning on the multiwave and vera also help a lot.

Offline lardlad00

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 12:22:41 am »
Thanks. I spoke with them today and they just had me file a warranty claim for the remote. I did and it was accepted, so hopefully it won't be too long before a replacement arrives and I'll try it again then. In the mean time no temperature control for me...

You might be interested to know I spoke with them a few days ago regarding a problem with the logic on the freeze control on the multiwave system. I was told that a new software version was imminent and that while I waited for them to ship me a dongle I could use to do the upgrade a new version would be posted. I think I might just wait until that's all done before I try this again.

Offline roquej

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 03:19:30 pm »
Has anyone gotten the Multiwave, with firmware 3.3, working with the VeraEdge?  I had my Vera3 linked with the Multiwave working perfectly for two years. However, my Vera3 die and I had to get a VeraEdge.  Now, I can't get the PE953 included back to the PE653.

I am able to follow the steps to included all of the devices and the handheld to the VeraEdge, but after doing the "Recv Network Only" step, the include option in the handheld doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Called Vera Support and they said that everything was configured properly in the VeraEdge and to call Intermatic. Call Intermatic, they have no clue...not sure why I expected a different result...

Thank you in advance!

JP

Offline LindsiWains

Configuring MultiWave PE653 PE953 to Vera Firmware 3 3
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 04:05:58 pm »
We dont have any specific experience with that router, but it should be compatible.

As a test, after you complete the steps in the wireless setup instructions you can then connect the wireless bridge to your network via a network cable to one of the LAN numbered ports on the bridge.  The bridge should then have its own IP address on your network and you should be able to log in and check the settings.  This will allow you to see whether the router has connected successfully to your wireless network.

Please also check your security/encryption settings that you specified when configuring the bridge to connect to your wireless network.

Please provide as much information as you can and we will provide additional assistance.

Thanks,
Autelis Staff