Author Topic: Fibaro Motion Sensor  (Read 64119 times)

Offline Mai Pensato

Re: Fibaro Motion Sensor
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 01:20:23 pm »
Does the Fibaro sensor work 100% with this beta firmware version? Do you get reliable motion triggers and measurements of temperature and light (Lux level)?

Offline mpg

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 02:28:07 pm »
I have a problem.  >:(
My motion sensor does not work.
Temp and light readings work only when I wake the device up manually.

Offline mzpost

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 03:12:10 pm »
I've had an email from vera support today to advise there is a beta software about which can work with smoke alarm from fibaro and also this. I've been asked to install it and see how it goes but warned that its beta. I'm wondering how beta is beta as I don't really want to do it until the weekend if I'm going to be messing about with lots of problems.  It could of course just be a warning that it might not be perfect, I'm happy to install to help the cause.

Offline racarter

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:50 pm »
mzpost - I installed the beta and it's worked without any problems.  The only issue I had was that I have three door/window switches which the new firmware deleted and recreated with different device numbers!  Once I'd fixed that, everything else was as normal.

Note that the new firmware allows installation of the new Fibaro devices (previously installation failed) but the motion detector is still not working satisfactorily.
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 05:44:05 pm »
racarter, in what way does the motion sensor not work satisfactory? And how about the temp and light measurements, do they look reliable?

Offline racarter

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 05:57:35 pm »
The motion detection is not reported at all, as far as I can tell. The light level and temperature are reported, apparently correctly, but ONLY on wake-up.

I've talked to my supplier and he says their tests show the same issues, so they're happy to take the device back and issue a refund.  I posted it today.
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
    • 0x8
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »
i guess the light and Temp values coming only via wakeup is a normal thing, its with all battery powered devices like this .. (i guess)

but the failure to report motion is kind of a bug.
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline badnews

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 02:01:41 pm »
Somehow my Fibaro motion sensor seems to multiply. Currently I have configured 1 unit, but now I have 4 motion sensors added (using the beta UI5 1.5.672), correction, 5 motion sensors.
No other sensors (temperature, light or whatever) is added.
I will experiment a bit more, but 3 out of 5 sensors are currently triggered (active now for at least 30 minutes) since my last try.

Hope they will fix this soon, and I don't want to update to UI6 or 7 yet, since homewave is not working remote on those versions

Offline mzpost

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 06:16:04 am »
I've just uploaded the beta software and excluded and included the device as support asked.

It only shows a motion sensor (no lux, vibration or temp) and as far as I can tell the motion sensor does not trigger.  I've sent an email back to the support team.  The only difference is that it does now at least include but it certainly does not work (at least as far as I can tell).

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 07:08:32 am »
Did you try a couple of Reload and browser refresh (Vera two-step) cycles?

Offline ChuTn3Y

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 01:45:01 pm »
Any news about the upgrade for this Motion sensor? Everybody said its a very good sensor working good on other box
Thx for answer

Offline mzpost

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 03:58:48 pm »
yes I've done that, browser refresh, a couple of heals and a power cycle.  It does show up (symbols show up in imperihome as well) but no values in temp or lux.  The motion sensor does not appear to feedback back to Vera either but at least all there boxes are displayed now rather than what I had before.  I've emailed back the support team to see what they come up with next.

Offline mzpost

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2014, 05:44:58 am »
Some more playing around this morning, deleting devices etc. and I know have temp / lux / motion showing.  Looks like they all update once the device wakes up.  Now I'm trying to get the motion sensor to actually do something.  I would like this to turn on the landing light when it detects me going up the stairs, currently all I've got is a glowing golf ball  ;D, but at least it's showing up in Vera.

Offline mzpost

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2014, 05:59:45 am »
Ok so this might be a silly question but here we go anyway.  Looking through the instructions for this device it's clear it's reasonably complex compared to other devices I've had experience of so far (which are all very simple as they are just switches).

So, when looking at the advanced commands for say temperature report updates etc. where should I be entering these parameters....into the temperature sensor module of the "main" item (motion sensor which is reporting battery etc.) or does it actually not matter ?. Also where it says parameter size 2 byte / 1 byte I assume that's the number I set in the advanced features ?.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2014, 06:07:14 am »
So, when looking at the advanced commands for say temperature report updates etc. where should I be entering these parameters....into the temperature sensor module of the "main" item (motion sensor which is reporting battery etc.) or does it actually not matter ?

It matters. Set configuration variables on the main (parent) device.

Also where it says parameter size 2 byte / 1 byte I assume that's the number I set in the advanced features ?.

These are the values you select on the Data Size drop-down for the Configuration Variable you are setting. This is all on the Device Options tab of the parent device.

First you click Add configuration settings then you specify the variable (parameter) number, the Data Size and the Desired Value. After you Save/Reload Vera, it will try to send the new configuration to the device. It helps if you force it to wake up.

If the configuration fails (which it often does), you can repeat it by waking up the device and immediately clicking Configure node right now on the device's Settings tab. It sometimes takes a few tries. If it still doesn't take, check that you haven't got something wrong with the variable number or value.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:11:02 am by RexBeckett »