Author Topic: Altsteon KPL issue  (Read 684 times)

Offline Tank

Altsteon KPL issue
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:33:26 am »
I finally got a around to adding a FanLinc and KPL to my setup.  The FanLinc works great.  The KPL causes all of my Insteon devices to become non-responsive from the GUI, they say "device not ready".   

I haven't had too much time to troubleshoot yet, but I assume if I had a bad ID or device file the effects would be limited to the KPL, it wouldn't cause all devices to stop working, right?

Offline PurdueGuy

Re: Altsteon KPL issue
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:15:52 pm »
Correct....a bad device ID should just stop that 1 device.

Verify that you have all the files uploaded.  It might be that a function is trying to be called, and that function doesn't exist, since 1 or more files wasn't uploaded yet.

Also, be sure you defined the KPL with the correct device type (either urn:geektaco-info:device:relay-kpl:1 or urn:geektaco-info:device:dimmer-kpl:1)
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline Tank

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 05:57:59 pm »
Quick update:

I deleted/recreated the device 3 times and had the same issue.  Finally I decided to change the name of the device, I had been calling it KPL. 

Now that I named it differently everything works.  Not sure what to make of that but figured I'd post it on here.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:10 pm »
The name should have no effect.  You can rename it even after creation.
Glad you got it working.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline Tank

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »
I know it doesn't make sense.  But I assure you that was the only thing I changed.

Update: I am able to consistently reproduce this issue by renaming the device to "KPL"

I know Altsteon isn't being developed anymore, but I figured I'd post in case anyone else finds it useful.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:38:16 am by joey52685 »