Author Topic: VeraMate/Honeywell Thermostat Problem  (Read 1195 times)

Offline tlwitt

VeraMate/Honeywell Thermostat Problem
« on: April 14, 2014, 07:34:55 am »
Hi, I'm am having a problem changing the cooling temperature setpoint on a Honeywell TH8320ZW Themostat using VeraMate Version 5.6.2.  :-[
I can turn the system on/off but it does not seem to do anything to the settings using the numbers on the user interface ( Please explain use ). The problem I'm having is with both my iPad and iPhone. Help please.

Offline veramate

Re: VeraMate/Honeywell Thermostat Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:04:20 am »
I've had a couple reports now that this is not working.   It should work simply by changing the value using the roller, and pressing "done".   VeraMate's code appears to be sending the correct message to Vera to make this change, so I'm still trying to find out what could be happening here.  It could be some models use slightly different commands, so I'm still going through some of the diagnostic information I have.

Long story short - I'm still investigating, but I'll post in this thread any updates.
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline veramate

Re: VeraMate/Honeywell Thermostat Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:40:23 am »
So I can't actually see anything that would be wrong with the code that makes the call.  Unfortunately I don't have this model to test on though, so, if anyone who has this problem would be ok with giving my user temp access to their Vera, so I can +/- 1 degree to see what might be wrong, please ping me a private message....
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.