Author Topic: Vera UI7 Beta Program  (Read 98333 times)

Offline Colin Burke McClure

• Director of Product Development
  • Administrator
    • Vera Control, Ltd.
Vera UI7 Beta Program
« on: April 16, 2014, 01:58:25 am »
If you are an existing Vera owner and you?d like to participate in our Vera UI7 Beta Program we?re taking submissions, starting today.

As a member of the Vera Beta Program you?ll get a chance to test our next generation user interface in order to provide us with real-world quality and usability feedback.

Click the link below for more details.

https://www.facebook.com/veracontrol/posts/697846150254381
Cheers,

Colin Burke McClure ▾ Director of Product Development

Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.comcolin@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline koburg

Re: Vera UI7 Beta Program
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:56:51 am »
Exiting news 😃

Offline j.hoekstra

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:24:37 am »
Got some feature requests ready for you :) TBH you should visit this forum more often, people here have got quite a few ideas waiting to be implemented ;)
Good to see you seem to be connecting with your community again :)

Offline Javelin

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:28:36 am »
Sweeet love seeing fresh coding!

Offline Javelin

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 06:29:31 am »
Got some feature requests ready for you :) TBH you should visit this forum more often, people here have got quite a few ideas waiting to be implemented ;)

Couldnt be more true, these forums are a treasure chest of great ideas.

Offline almj

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:38:10 am »
Cant' wait to get it :)
Any idea when it will be distributed and what are the criteria of selecting testers?

Offline TC1

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 10:14:27 am »

If you are familiar with typical industry practices, then you are out of luck. Public beta testing is usually used for QA testing before RTM (release to manufacturing). All they are going to do at this point is fix major bugs, no new features will be added unless it is determined that it would mitigate a major issue.

Just speaking from professional experience.

-TC

Offline j.hoekstra

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:43:21 am »

If you are familiar with typical industry practices, then you are out of luck. Public beta testing is usually used for QA testing before RTM (release to manufacturing). All they are going to do at this point is fix major bugs, no new features will be added unless it is determined that it would mitigate a major issue.

Just speaking from professional experience.

-TC
I participated in several FUT's so experienced with the principle, however FR's done in this stage are very common to be added in R+1 or 2 depending on de the release frequency. Besides, it's always nice to get together with enthousiastic people to get new ideas and insights.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 11:56:39 am »
the day for the new and (hopefully) exiting UI7 Beta has finally arrived. End of this week we have the oppurtunity to tell MCV (MiCasaVera?) what we think and the option to find all bugs before it comes out. I like this new strategy and it will sure be beneficial for both users and manufacturer of the vera domotica controller. I'm looking forward to test it. This thread would be a good place to use for thoughts and experiences with new UI7 beta. 
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 01:01:44 pm »
This thread would be a good place to use for thoughts and experiences with new UI7 beta.

Is this possible? Wasn't there mention of a NDA?
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline jtmoore

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 01:27:16 pm »
Registration seems only to allow me to specify only one Vera serial number.  What if I have multiple Veras...?
jtmoore

Offline Javelin

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »
Is there a private place to discuss UI7 or are we aloud to do it here?

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:23:26 pm »
Is there a private place to discuss UI7 or are we aloud to do it here?
Though I have no plans on joining the Beta unless I upgrade to a Vera3 and I can use my VeraLite as a test bed, I hope that they don't keep users "hush hush" about it. If it were Alpha, I could see needing an NDA, but a public beta like this should be open and allow everyone to see/hear what is in the new version.

That's my $.02 on the subject. I won't say another thing unless I get my Vera3 and opt into the beta.
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline gijs

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 08:11:15 am »
I got an invitation for the ui7 beta program and even the conformation i am selected.  ;D So fingers crossed and lets see how many or little bugs there are in the new ui.
At the moment i am waiting for installation instructions from getvera.

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 01:59:31 pm »
I got an invitation. . There is not even the slightest mention of an NDA

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk