Author Topic: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted  (Read 64274 times)

Offline JOD

• Beta Testers
Re: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »
When I try to add the Z Wave device to the Harmony remote a second time it actually removes the association of the Z Wave device from Vera.
This is similar to a topic under discussion on the beta side regarding the HA09's & HA07's.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2011, 09:31:07 pm »
@oTi@

Yes, sir.  The Harmony kicked back a message telling me that it was unable to add the Z Wave device and asked me if I would like to try again.  It didn't refer or mention on the screen about resetting the z wave device.  Although, I do think that is what happened.  When you try to add it again after choosing "yes" for try again, the H890Pro removes the current association from the Z Wave (switch for example) and then associates the Z Wave device to itself (the H890Pro).  When this happens the H890Pro deletes the original association that the Z Wave Switch originally had with Vera (the Primary Controller).  Strange little bit that be.

@JOD
Nice, I'm glad that the Beta Testers have experienced something similar with the HA09's and HA07's.  I'm wondering if it's because of the newer Z Wave Firmware and how it processes/stores the Z Wave Network data.  If you have a legacy controller (utilizing older versions of Z FW) that doesn't process this data in a similar way as Vera does with 452 then those two devices wouldn't be able to co-exist on the same network.  Unless of course, MCV is able to find a work around for this. To allow communication with legacy devices that utilize an older version of the Z Wave Firmware.  

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:40:28 pm by iflyM3 »
Vera 2 UI5 (1.5.622)... and too many Z-Wave/Ethernet/Wi-Fi devices to list.

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2011, 10:00:59 pm »
[...]The Harmony [...] asked me if I would like to try again.  It didn't [...] mention [...] resetting the z wave device.  Although, I do think that is what happened.
OK; something definitely changed then. I think I've seen it ask what you described, i.e. 'try again', but also 'reset the device'. Regardless, I don't believe I ever lost the devices in Vera (with 1186).

What you observed is almost as if the Harmony now thinks it is primary, but says secondary. Which is the exact opposite from before.

I hope this gets sorted before the official release, because I'm not looking forward to fiddle with the remote (I have the AVL300) again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:01:28 pm by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:06 pm »
@oTi@

Yes, the .1186 is very solid.  Much slower then .1230, there is a vast improvement in response.  I never had any problems with getting the H890Pro to work with Vera, and I'm sure setting up the AVL300 is practically identical to the Harmony version.  I think it has more to do with the z wave firmware 3.20 aka "452" then anything.  Then again, you do have to update the Vera Firmware in order to be able to use the 452 option.

JOD and the other Beta Testers have come across a similar experience with the HA09's and HA07's so hopefully, they'll bring this to the attention of MCV and then they can correct this for the official release.  

Overall, I am happy with what I am experiencing so far with .1230 and 452.  Heals actually seem to be "healing", the Z Wave Network Topology also seems to be a lot tighter and communication/response time is smoother/faster.  What do you know?  I actually got my Defender DVR Security Cams able to come up through Vera with the streaming url through the generic ip camera plugin using the same exact data that i used before but could never get it to work using Vera FW .1186.  I'm not crazy afterall!  lol!!  :)

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2011, 11:24:17 pm »
Yes, the .1186 is very solid.  Much slower then .1230, there is a vast improvement in response.
This probably depends on the number of nodes, distance between them, location of Vera, etc. I'm not unhappy with the response in 1186.

I never had any problems with getting the H890Pro to work with Vera, and I'm sure setting up the AVL300 is practically identical to the Harmony version.
OK; I should be more precise. My fiddling with the remote has everything to do with the remote and the Monster/Harmony software, and nothing with Vera. Like you (with 1230), I had issues with getting it associated with the devices (with 1186), but different. The remote would say OK, but the software would then say it wasn't paired.

What do you know?  I actually got my Defender DVR Security Cams able to come up through Vera with the streaming url through the generic ip camera plugin using the same exact data that i used before but could never get it to work using Vera FW .1186.
I remember that. No kidding. Good. That's a bit surprising. I wonder what the problem was they fixed.
I recommend you post your findings in your thread, to close the loop, once there is a new official beta firmware release. :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:26:34 pm by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2011, 12:01:15 am »
@oTi@

Done. I closed the loop on the thread and placed it as resolved so its not looking like its still an issue. There is one issue with it as the jpeg url doesnt work but thats fine, at least now i can view the video feed through the streaming url and enable the lights to be turned on when doing so.  thats a big plus. Once there is a definite official release on that firmware I'm going to jump right on it. 

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2011, 02:58:11 am »
@JOD,

Hey, do you know if the issue with trying to add devices to HA07's, HA09's, H89Pro's (when trying to setup a secondary controller) and the Z Wave devices are already added to Vera (being the Primary controller) has been resolved with the Beta Version .1234?

Just curious.   {see above posts in reference to the details - you mentioned that the Beta testers were having issues with the HA07's/HA09's similar to what I was experiencing with the H890Pro}

Offline JOD

• Beta Testers
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2011, 02:10:26 pm »
@iflyM3,
It's presumed there was some data corruption within my system when I reported the issues that would not allow the remotes to fire the scenes. After resetting the network and starting from scratch the HA07's & HA09's work great. I cannot confirm the H89Pro's as I dont have one to test.

JOD.

@JOD,

Hey, do you know if the issue with trying to add devices to HA07's, HA09's, H89Pro's (when trying to setup a secondary controller) and the Z Wave devices are already added to Vera (being the Primary controller) has been resolved with the Beta Version .1234?

Just curious.   {see above posts in reference to the details - you mentioned that the Beta testers were having issues with the HA07's/HA09's similar to what I was experiencing with the H890Pro}
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2011, 02:39:27 pm »
General notice;

When installing the beta firmware (i got 1245) from here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=5560.0 make sure you have the login to your vera system set to standard (no http login needed).

If you have chosen http authentication YES from the https://cp.mios.com site (settings section) you will get a pop up where you should enter username and password.

The problem is that this pop-up disappears within 10 seconds. So either you need a short and easy username/password, or you need to be able to type REAL fast.

My soltion was to disable te authentication, upgrade and then re-enable the authentication from cp.mios.com

Hope this helps!

Regards, Henk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: running Vera2 @ 1245 now as well as Z-wave firmware 3.20L, 1 Duewi light switch so far, looking to upgrade with blinds sensors and 3in1)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:56:07 pm by lourens.henk »
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |