Author Topic: Vera UI7 Beta Program  (Read 91968 times)

Offline konradwalsh

Re: Vera UI7 Beta Program
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »
Said invite:

Welcome to the Vera UI7 Beta Program
View this email in your browser

Welcome to the Vera UI7 Beta Program

Dear Beta Participant,

We'd like to take the opportunity to thank you, Vera's most loyal supporters, for your continued commitment to our growth and success.

We've learned a lot from your candid feedback over the last 6 years. We've learned what you love, and also, what you hate. Your feedback has been both inspiring and humbling. As we move towards the release of our next generation user interface we look to continue this heritage of hands-on collaboration and honest dialog.

We have 2 separate tracts within the Beta Program, Standard and Advanced.

Standard tier is geared towards general end user feedback regarding features, functions, and usability. The Advanced tier is focused on developers/programmers and will require a deeper level of program participation (chronicling steps to replicate issues, detailed bug submission into Mantis, etc.).

If you are interested in participating at the Advanced level, please click here and update your profile.

Below are a few housekeeping items regarding the terms and conditions of the program (full details can be found here).

BETA DISCLAIMER
The beta software licensed hereunder is believed to contain defects and a primary purpose of this beta testing license is to obtain feedback on software performance and the identification of defects. Licensee is advised to safeguard important data, to use caution and not to rely in any way on the correct functioning or performance of the software and/or accompanying materials.

BETA-SOFTWARE PRODUCT SUPPORT
Vera is under no obligation to provide technical support under the terms of this license, and provides no assurance that any specific errors or discrepancies in the Software will be corrected.

Please, do not, install this beta on your primary controller if the above disclaimer and support disclosures do not meet your needs.

That said, welcome to the program! You?ll receive a follow up email this week with information on where to download the beta software packages, as well as submission guidelines.

Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email us at beta@getvera.com.

Thank you again for your personal commitment in helping us make UI7 our very best release yet.

Sincerely,

The Beta Team
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.combeta@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272
Copyright ? 2014 Vera Control, Ltd., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you joined our UI7 Private Beta Program at http://www.getvera.com.

Our mailing address is:
Vera Control, Ltd.
11/F Nan Sing Building
727 Nathan Road
Kowloon
Hong Kong

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Offline Skaven

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 03:24:40 pm »
Haw anybody received the UI7 Beta file/link yet?
// Sorry About My Spelling I?m Dyslectic //

Offline j.hoekstra

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 03:31:35 pm »
Nope, still waiting ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline betabob

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 03:32:11 pm »
Nope 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The nice thing about Standards is you have so many to choose from...

Offline kelpayne

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 01:02:07 pm »
From today's e-mail:

"Dear Beta Participant,

Quick update on the status of the program: we're putting the final touches on the Beta 1 release as we speak. It?ll be available for download to the group on May 1st."

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:47 am »
So far they missed last nights promised update email and todays actual beta access...

Offline destinet

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 09:38:10 am »
So far they missed last nights promised update email and todays actual beta access...

Are you really surprise?

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 09:38:48 am »

Are you really surprise?

Nope... just commenting... :)

Offline Skaven

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 09:41:16 am »
The day micasaverde can release a update/beta the date the say, dat day I'm not going out because it is going to rain cats and dogs and the sky is falling down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
// Sorry About My Spelling I?m Dyslectic //

Offline TC1

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 10:56:03 am »
The day micasaverde can release a update/beta the date the say, dat day I'm not going out because it is going to rain cats and dogs and the sky is falling down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seriously. I wonder if they actually believe their own propaganda or drink the kool-aid.

Offline kelpayne

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 11:13:44 am »
It could be due to departments not communicating properly (I've certainly seen that before).  It could also be that they thought it would be ready, but a problem popped up.  Then there might have been a quick discussion about releasing it as-is (after all, it's beta) and then releasing an update with the fix for the known problem vs. fixing something and releasing the better product a bit later.  Who knows?

What I do know is that this would be an excellent place to keep us up to date on what's going on.

Offline TC1

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 01:12:05 pm »
It could be due to departments not communicating properly (I've certainly seen that before).  It could also be that they thought it would be ready, but a problem popped up.  Then there might have been a quick discussion about releasing it as-is (after all, it's beta) and then releasing an update with the fix for the known problem vs. fixing something and releasing the better product a bit later.  Who knows?

What I do know is that this would be an excellent place to keep us up to date on what's going on.

It's apparent to industry professionals like myself and others here, they don't follow any modern software/product development methodologies. For example, the Agile software development process dictates that you release product updates on a FIXED schedule.... the efficiency (or velocity in Agile terms) of the dev team will determine what/how many features make it into each release. The important point of Agile development is to continually release incremental improvements and new features to the customer, rather than making them wait months or years (Waterfall methodology) for new releases.

Agile also encourages continuous communication/feedback with the customer, both internal and external to the company. This helps guarantee that new product features are actually something useful, rather than what someone in marketing *thinks* the customers want.

Just my 2-cents.

-TC

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 03:30:18 pm »
Not a confident start...
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline dawgbone

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 04:38:06 pm »
Perhaps Play Store and IOS App Store approvals are the hold up?

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 04:39:07 pm »
Doesnot matter, there should be communication.....
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user