Author Topic: Vera UI7 Beta Program  (Read 96629 times)

Offline svaleb

Re: Vera UI7 Beta Program
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2014, 04:50:02 pm »
I agre with chrismaison.
It would have been "nice" if they had sent a massage yesterday "Sorry we have been delayed for "x" days..."
Communication is a tough one for some.
CE

Offline dawgbone

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 10:05:08 pm »
They did come through on the beta... Not exactly as purposed, but they did...
So far pretty good!!! Basic stuff seems to work, although I was confused on the Home Modes setup and ran the wizards several times before I finally figured out that you just need to click in each of the Home modes in the dashboard screen... Otherwise you cannot run any scene manually...

Android App crashes... Not sure how to duplicate yet as it seems random...(HTC One(M7) 4.4 KitKat)
IOS seems pretty stable so far...
Liking the authentication, and the ability to edit scenes from mobile apps(not supported yet)

The browser GUI is OK... allot of scrolling vs UI5, but better than UI6 though...

There seems to be a little issue with creating Users... as it will tell you that there is already an account.. But some persistence will finally net you a new user account eventually..<-- haven't nailed down a way to duplicate just yet....

Not sure on the scene creation just yet... Definitely dumbed down a bit(possibly easier?)... But seems to be pushing to making it easier for "packaged kits" versus existing setups(not so easy).

blah..blah...blah.... Just initial(an hour deep) thoughts....
Glad they came through... I'm very excited to see how it performs in the next couple of days(healing)....

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 12:36:55 am »
They did come through on the beta... Not exactly as purposed, but they did...
So far pretty good!!! Basic stuff seems to work, although I was confused on the Home Modes setup and ran the wizards several times before I finally figured out that you just need to click in each of the Home modes in the dashboard screen... Otherwise you cannot run any scene manually...

Android App crashes... Not sure how to duplicate yet as it seems random...(HTC One(M7) 4.4 KitKat)
IOS seems pretty stable so far...
Liking the authentication, and the ability to edit scenes from mobile apps(not supported yet)

The browser GUI is OK... allot of scrolling vs UI5, but better than UI6 though...

There seems to be a little issue with creating Users... as it will tell you that there is already an account.. But some persistence will finally net you a new user account eventually..<-- haven't nailed down a way to duplicate just yet....

Not sure on the scene creation just yet... Definitely dumbed down a bit(possibly easier?)... But seems to be pushing to making it easier for "packaged kits" versus existing setups(not so easy).

blah..blah...blah.... Just initial(an hour deep) thoughts....
Glad they came through... I'm very excited to see how it performs in the next couple of days(healing)....

Thanks for the quick review, keep us updated. I don't dare to play with my Vera's at this point since they are in use. If I had a spare maybe.

Offline Javelin

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 03:57:07 am »
Hmm you had better luck than me atm went to download the firmware url and nothing happening just hangs after download and the 15 minute firmware timer does not start. I'm upgrading from UI6. Had same trouble last time from UI5 to UI6. Cant remember what I did last time to get it to work. Scared to uplug for fear of bricking, will give it another half hour..  8)

Offline svaleb

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 04:25:27 am »
Yes, there it is...

As dawgbone says it looks better than ui6.
But the ui5 is easyer to overview...I miss the widgets.
Unfortunetly I am unable to use the setup wizard !!!
It only accepts 9 digits in the phone number, in my country there is only 8.
So I cannot validate my email.
Regards
        CE

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 08:11:11 am »
well i installed the UI7 beta via the UI6 interface and must say it looks a lot better now..  i forgot to turn off the local security thingy in device setup but it still worked. so after making a new user login for the beta i tried to connect and it didn't work that great as i saw a page with only the word "save" and a link to advanced which gives some weird unfinished webpage stuff. i could login locally with the session key got from remote login from getvera.com login. i installed the UI7 beta in UI7 beta itself just to make sure things are upgraded and that worked ok.
note for those who install the UI7 beta :
on top it says device busy all the time and you can make a backup, do this. then after pressing upgrade firmware nothing changes and the timer does not run, it does however upgrade. look at the bleu led flashing rapidly and then going slower blinking. it starts vera again after some while and then when all leds are on you can go to the new beta login website and make a new user with the same name and pass as u had for UI6, so everything works as it did in UI6 and you dont have to change the logins and stuff.

like in UI6 i could not validate my phone.. only sends a sms with the words "Validation Code" .. mail validation works though.. it says page not found after putting the validation link but its working. after getting a lot of mail notification about some log thing i cant figure out, i reached quota.
 first thing missing is the on/off switches ??? ?   some plugins that seem to screw up the main interface : samsung remote, system info, wunder weather, system monitor.
using setup wizard it works but since i got allready devices configured i got stuck at that page and cannot complete wizard.
the 3G failover is enabled and cannot be disabled. cannot do manual z-wave heal as it does not respond to the button. had to reboot vera 2 times somehow it stopped responding to the webuserinterface which is userinterface crash and not a vera crash.
scene creation works ok but i cant find the advanced LUA input section. it also messed up 2 scenes which i had which uses triggers for battery empty status. fixed those and works ok now.
development Test and startup LUA do work though.
the android app doesnt connect local / link not doing anything. logging in and connect seems to work but ends up in a view of devices and then stops working with no reason, its not the plugins as i removed these from dashboard. using S3 with android 4.3 . authomation latest beta for ui6 does work on ui7 thank god ! its here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17457.0.html
some things look like the're not working on UI7 but are in systemsettings ok. secure unit seems off , it was on in UI6. remote_only is on, not found in UI7 interface. 3G wan failover says on in UI7 but is in fact off.
"remote_only": "1"
"terminal_disabled": "0"
"failsafe_tunnels": "0"
"3g_wan_failover": "0"
"secure_unit": "0"
"manual_version": "1"
"platform": "3Lite"
"full_platform": "rt3662_Luup_ui7"
"skin": "mios"
"language": "1"
"ui_language": "en"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:05:28 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline destinet

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 08:28:34 am »
Doesnot matter, there should be communication.....

I agree....i love my vera, love the help from the support team. BUT followup on the forum is terrible

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 08:33:50 am »
I agree....i love my vera, love the help from the support team. BUT followup on the forum is terrible

They put out the notice about the Beta here, so perhaps in that regard I can understand wanting more contact on this very specific subject. However, the forum in general was set up a "users" forum and it was said from the beginning that Vera personnel would not be frequenting it very often and there was no guarantee they would at all.

Or at least that is how I understand it went down when the forums were created.
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline betabob

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 09:25:51 am »
Ran the upgrade last night, all appeared well. Most if not all devices recognized, some of the battery ones waiting for a wakeup to be shown.  However, my pc rebooted last night and now I cannot connect. Just have the power light on the Vera three flashing green and then orange for a while and then a quick pulse of the other lights.....

What should I do now, it looks the units stuck in a load loop. Bricked maybe? I was running UI5 before the upgrade and did the bachup before I started, then did the backup suggested on the upgrade....

Oy!
The nice thing about Standards is you have so many to choose from...

Offline hamishb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2014, 09:52:38 am »
OK I haven't gotten too far with configuring my Vera so I figured not much to lose by trying UI7.
Wondered if the scenes were as good as what PLEG offers and seems still not there yet.

So unless PLEG and other plugins are running and accessible via UI7 I would like to go back to UI5 or 6.

Not quite sure how to do that from UI7 even though I have downloaded the firmware e.g. rt3662_Luup_ui5-1.5.622-en-mios.squashfs

Offline kelpayne

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2014, 12:11:07 pm »
hamishb,
An email just went out with instructions regarding rolling back to UI6 or UI5.  Hopefully that'll help.

Offline kelpayne

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2014, 01:45:22 pm »
Just an observation.

As others have noted, this version seems more geared toward the "new system package" user.  As such, the opening wizard confused me a bit, and made me think I might have to discover my devices, etc.  I did this with one lamp module, and once I made it through that process, I was able to see  that most if not all of my previous setup was already in place.

I would encourage the development team to alter the "welcome wizard" to include an up-front question asking if this is a brand new install, or an upgrade from a previous firmware/UI. 

(I'm starting to second-guess myself now, so If I missed something, let me know.  I'm wondering if I acted like it was new install because we were instructed to set up new accounts, etc.)

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2014, 02:31:01 pm »
good point... a system variable telling us that the setup wizard has allready been done would be a good idea.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline RV

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2014, 05:23:13 pm »
has anyone tried HomeWave with UI7 yet?

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2014, 05:36:19 pm »
has anyone tried HomeWave with UI7 yet?

funny you mention, I am waiting for someone to jump into UI7 and report their Homewave progress... only because of my concern of compatibility with HomeWave.