Author Topic: Vera UI7 Beta Program  (Read 127848 times)

Offline freemann

Re: Vera UI7 Beta Program
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 01:19:39 pm »
you can uninstall apps by pressing details and right top there is a uninstall button.
I installed "day or night" and tried to uninstall it and get;
Error uninstalling app, please try again
repair individual node in z-wave settings repair is not working and repairs all.
no remote control from outside coz UI7 uses different auth server addresses.
battery operated devices run out of batterypower in 1/3 of the time it took with UI5.
login and userinfo works but you have to make a new account here : http://getvera.stg.mios.com  can set info after in http://<vera-ip>/cmh/#accountInfo (also pointed out in the mail got from betateam) .. unit settings can only be changed after u have a valid login and are logged in.
I do have a beta account and an valid login, but i can't save unit settings. I want my unit to run in 24hr time notation and when i save this settings i get;
Failed to save system configuration.

Same thing with Weather settings. I live in The Netherlands and thats not in the list. Default there is no city and when i hit save a get;
error
Please add a city name in the box.

I need to give a city name, so when i try a city and hit save;
Failed to save system configuration.

same thing for Celsius/Fahrenheit...
if u happen to have old UI5 enhanced security ON then you should have turned it off before upgrading to UI6/7 or you have to close browser and re-connect to local vera-ip and login with old login u had for UI5. if after making a new UI7 account you cannot login to local vera then you have to wait 24 hrs to be able to login again.
This evening i go back to UI5 and only want to try UI7 again if i see/get a good release note which confirms that the major issues/bug/shortcomings are fixed.

Offline j.hoekstra

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »
Weird, I'm not seeing these issues so bad, when I go to the settings I don't see the correct country even though it's set properly on top of the main screen.
There's still a lot to be done though, but I like the new scene creator, seems more intuitive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline FrancoisL

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 05:54:12 pm »
Upgrade went smoothly.  After a few simple updates (time format, weather city update), I received a "Failed to save system configuration" and now my VeraLite is stuck with a "Luup engine is taking longer to reload. Try again". 
Update: I disabled the scene via SSH to avoid the crash.

Where can I get some additional logs ?
Update: via ssh or via http://<Vera-IP>/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

I'm receiving a few email notifications (e.g. You have received an alert: "No%20reboot:CheckLUDiff:%202778%20Now:1399327132"; You have received an alert: "Paid%20Tunnels%20Died"; )
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:22:11 pm by FrancoisL »

Offline svaleb

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2014, 07:21:32 am »
And I get
"Tunnel%20broken".
and
"Paid%20Tunnels%20Died".
I still cant get my phonenumber in it wont accept 8 digits only.
CE

Offline FrancoisL

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2014, 01:24:39 pm »
Hello,

What is the URL of the Mantis bug tracker for the UI7 beta testers ?
Are the luup scripts not being supported yet?  I can not see the scripts related to an old scene in this new UI7 interface.

Thanks in advance,
Francois

Offline mitch.thompson

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2014, 07:10:30 am »
Doesn't seem to be too much discussion /interaction about the beta, unless there's a private discussion area somewhere. This is totally like any other beta tester program I've ever been involved with.

I liked the layout of UI7, but there was too much functionality missing. So, I've gone back to UI5, for now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Offline freemann

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:52 am »
I also noticed that.... Its very disappointing to see that MCV/GetVera doesn't reply in this thread or give us a status update about the developement.

I had UI7 for about half a day on my Vera3 and switched back to UI5.

Offline knewmania

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2014, 09:14:15 am »
I would be interested in knowing if the method of uploading log files to MCV has been changed based on past feedback:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,22602.msg151616.html#msg151616

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=3808
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline kelpayne

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2014, 03:22:39 pm »
I'm not sure specifically about the bug-tracker, but there's a persistent "Provide  Feedback" link on the bottom-right of every page in the GUI.  That's how I've been reporting issues.

Offline dbmet

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2014, 04:11:37 pm »
Other Betas I've been involved seem to work. This one seems more like an alpha alpha which doesnt make me want to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dawgbone

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2014, 12:21:06 am »
I'm not sure specifically about the bug-tracker, but there's a persistent "Provide  Feedback" link on the bottom-right of every page in the GUI.  That's how I've been reporting issues.

I tried to send one in, and got absolutely zero response. Perhaps it in itself is not working?
Although I did somehow get some of my motion detectors to start working and trigger scenes again, it seems slow(possible debugging)...
The Aeon Labs motion detection is still a bust...(is now broke completely in UI7) and would work reasonably in UI5/6...
As such, so is the First Alert CO2/Smoke Detector...
The "beta" IOS app is completely broke and no longer works..<-- it did work before their server went down during the weekend prior to release... Luckily, the Android app still functions...
By involving myself in this Beta, I was hoping to try out the new features, specifically the GeoFencing I heard so much about, and possibly a Zigbee bridge...
But neither are there... I'm also interested in what's going to happen with ZW500...

This does seem to be very Alpha code...
I understand the need for a streamlined interface... But all the good stuff has seemed to be stripped out...
And why I cannot give much feedback... I'm still trying to get existing stuff working...  Perhaps they should have stuck with the UI5 engine, and just candied up a GUI to run on top... like UI6? Or similar to PLEG...

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2014, 04:57:31 am »
In my opinion, the absolute priority for Micasaverde should be solving the current problem with memory leak causing a reload of our Vera almost everyday with UI5. Is it something that has been fixed with the new firmware (UI7) ?

Offline mitch.thompson

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2014, 10:51:58 am »
In my opinion, the absolute priority for Micasaverde should be solving the current problem with memory leak causing a reload of our Vera almost everyday with UI5. Is it something that has been fixed with the new firmware (UI7) ?

I have not noticed any reboots on UI5 here, but I agree if it is a problem plaguing the device it should be a priority.

The new interface is pretty, but if the foundation is still shaky, then there isn't any point.

I also sent feedback using the feedback buttons at the bottom right of each page, but no feedback on my feedback from them. This, to me, is crucial in any beta program. Let me know I'm not wasting my time.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Offline koburg

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2014, 04:18:09 am »
anybody who have a philio tech pan04 relay switch in there ui7 beta like i do?

i have just installede and it includeds fine but it is dead/droped out. (the status say this in the ui)

so if any have this device working I would like to know how.

http://philio-tech.com/p_switch.htm   (the first one on the page.)

i have mios update util installed

Offline Skaven

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2014, 09:31:49 am »
I'm the only 1 so can't turn off wifi of vera3?

// Sorry about my spelling I'm dyslexic and so you know all translations is translate by Google translate so don't complain about my English spelling \
// Sorry About My Spelling I?m Dyslectic //