We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera UI7 Beta Program  (Read 153005 times)

Offline Stuart

• Beta Testers
Re: Vera UI7 Beta Program
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2014, 08:14:08 pm »
I'm fairly certain Google is going to maintain the ability to make a calendar "public".  While not ideal for our purposes, there are hundreds (or thousands) that rely on public Google calendars.  Anything from user groups to small businesses that want to make that information available on their publicly available websites.
Here is my understanding -- google evidently went to the same school of documentation as MCV, so it's hard to get the complete and accurate story ....

Yes - you can set your calendar to public, in which case the calling API (for plugins) will still need an API key but that's it.  However, if you do not want everyone in google land to have (read) access to your calendar - then you need to make it private.

Some people may be happy to let the world know their schedule - but I'm not one of them  :o .  Especially as it relates to when I may not be at home!  If we go beyond calendar and think about email related plugins and other more sensitive apps ....... the need becomes more apparent.

I have sorted out authenticated access for my plugin (GCal_II) using a service account and can happily run it on my PC - but without  'crypto' it's a no-go for vera.   I could probably figure out how to compile on the vera and make a Luacrypto module - something that would take MCV an hour and me probably a few weeks - I hope I don't have to go that route for a module that, in this day and age, really ought to be available as a standard option.

I'm not saying MVC should include all possible modules in a standard deployment, but there are a few that are pretty obvious candidates for a library of MVC provided options.  Some security modules and json (encode / decode) come to mind as immediate candidates.

Offline pvancald

« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2014, 07:59:04 am »
Hello,
I'm part of the beta program with the beta2 version.
Since the beginning of this beta test, I never managed to login remotely on the unit...
I log in at https://getvera.stg.mios.com/users/login
that brings me to the screen at https://getvera.stg.mios.com/dashboard/myunits where I can see my unit assigned. I then click on Connect
which then brings me to a unreachable website with url (I changed some numbers with xxxx) https://relay/relay/uiredirect/device/3xxxxxx7
(this with Firefox and Chrome)

Did you encounter the same thing?
I signaled this at least two times with the bottom link Provide Feedback and never got an answer...
If they are ready to release the final version, I hope their systems are now completely configured

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2014, 11:13:10 am »
The beta firmware uses special URLs for authentication from the production firmwares. Once the official UI7 firmware is finished and released, they will update it to use the production URLs for authentication and remote access.

- Garrett

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2014, 11:46:17 am »
Could someone explain to me why Vera is spending resources on TWO version of the UI, neither of which is currently working completely and appear to be on track to complete at approximately the same time?
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2014, 01:43:33 pm »
Not sure what you mean? MCV is only working on one version.

- Garrett

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2014, 02:09:09 pm »
I guess I'm not clear myself then. I thought there were two versions being worked, UI6 and UI7. Although I guess in truth UI6 is production, it's everyone else scrambling to make plugins work under UI6 and UI7 ... is that close to the fact?
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2014, 02:27:47 pm »
There is no work being done on UI6. All work is being done on UI7.

- Garrett

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2014, 02:30:15 pm »
There is no work being done on UI6. All work is being done on UI7.

- Garrett

Thanks for the clarification

Offline wilme2

« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »
From a Vera Control Ltd. Facebook post today "full UI7 support in advance of our General Availability release next week"

Yikes.  UI7 next week?
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline TC1

« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »
They said almost the same exact phrase a month ago.
Not altering my life plans in anticipation  ;)

Offline koburg

« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2014, 10:56:56 pm »
Can somebody tell me is ui7 out now?   The Way vera talk about it with the new iOS app. It could Sound like it is out ?????

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:47 pm »
Wouldn't they announce it with Fanfair and Flags?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline koburg

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2014, 11:48:11 pm »
Well not always i guees. I just noticed something but i Will tell about it later if Im right. When I am back Home.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2014, 12:11:08 am »
Vera Mobile UI7 Version 2.1 is available App Store for download or update. It addresses the issue that some users...  http://t.co/mXCveZwIIw
7 hours ago
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline koburg

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2014, 12:25:27 am »
Exactly what i Read so when you Read This it Sound like ui7 has been out for long time. (Im beta test for ui7) because This app is only for ui7.