Author Topic: v1.2 Ready For Sale  (Read 6700 times)

Offline jpete7683

v1.2 Ready For Sale
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:13:49 am »
Apple just approved and released v1.2 of iViri.  Please upgrade and send me any issues you might have.  Just as a fair warning because I know it will set a few people off, there was an architectural change to the way Geofences are handled, along with the rest of the preferences on iViri, so once you upgrade you will notice that you need to recreate your geofences, setup your dashboard again, and sort your rooms and devices if you wanted to.  Any issues please email me at support@instruodev.com.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:25:19 am by jpete7683 »
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline bds42

Re: v1.2 Ready For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »
I installed it and it's crashing for me immediately upon startup.. anything I can try? 

I've rebooted, and also uninstalled reinstalled.  This is an iPhone 5s and I'm using UI5 on my Vera.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:27:24 pm »
I installed it and it's crashing for me immediately upon startup.. anything I can try? 

I've rebooted, and also uninstalled reinstalled.  This is an iPhone 5s and I'm using UI5 on my Vera.

Is that after you enter your MIOS username and password and select your Vera Unit?
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline bds42

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:56 pm »
Yes... it had been in there and working before the update.  Then after it crashed I noticed that that info was wiped out in settings. I went and put it back in and it still crashes.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 03:30:08 pm »
Yes... it had been in there and working before the update.  Then after it crashed I noticed that that info was wiped out in settings. I went and put it back in and it still crashes.

The very first screen that comes up should be the settings screen to setup username and password for your Vera Unit when you launch iViri.  Are you getting this setup screen?

Offline bds42

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 03:31:16 pm »
I get a screen that asks for username and a slider for UI5/UI6.  I put in my username and leave it on UI5.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 03:31:44 pm »
I get a screen that asks for username and a slider for UI5/UI6.  I put in my username and leave it on UI5.

Then the after you enter next it crashes?

Offline bds42

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 03:32:14 pm »
Correct

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 03:34:15 pm »
Correct

Can you run this in your browser and send me the output?

https://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username=<username>

replace <username> with the username you are entering.

Offline bds42

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 03:34:50 pm »
In my browser on my desktop or on the iphone?

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 03:35:36 pm »
In my browser on my desktop or on the iphone?

Either, won't matter.  Maybe try your phone since that is where you are running the app.

Offline bds42

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 03:37:55 pm »
Just PMd ya..

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 03:40:57 pm »
Just PMd ya..

I haven't gotten the PM just yet.  If you want can you email it to me at support@instruodev.com?

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »
Just PMd ya..

Can you please name your unit?  That is why it is crashing, I never anticipated that Vera would allow for a unit not to be named and in my own mind figured most would have them name especially if they were going to use more than one unit.

Offline bds42

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 03:52:55 pm »
That was it!  I put in a name and I could get in no problem.  Thanks for tracking it down real time!

I love seeing the multi switches show up in there.  Can we get labels on the buttons yet or will that be for a future release?