We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Help with 3.x to 5.6 update  (Read 666 times)

Offline snovvman

Help with 3.x to 5.6 update
« on: April 21, 2014, 04:18:08 pm »
I haven't paid attention to Vera for some time.  The persistent "You should register...." message got me looking.  In turn, I upgraded the plug-in to 5.6 and got a couple licenses to support the dev.

I soon discovered that all of my Message Ovverrides are gone, and when I click on any of the tabs on the plug-in, I get three pop ups that read "Problem Decoding:{tone:5}{timestamp}{BGColor:xFFFF50}Living Room Sensor Batt 30%" (the other two look very similar).

I recognize the string as one of my overrides, and I have about 20 notifications, each with an override.  Mind you, I only get three pop ups.

In searching, I found a few posts that seem to discuss a problem in version 4.x, but nothing too useful.

When I click on "Report", I see the notifications, but none of the overrides.

Questions: 

1) What's happening and how do I fix it?  Will I have to reengineer (and try to remember) all my overrides and reenter?
2) Why am I getting those pop up errors ever though I don't see the overrides anywhere?
3) What are the AUTO_GENERATED notifications that I see in the report?

Thanks for any help.......

Offline snovvman

Re: Help with 3.x to 5.6 update
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:11:19 pm »
Also, aside from "Vera Startup", after the 5.6 update, I'm not getting any other alerts that I usually get.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Help with 3.x to 5.6 update
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:55:28 pm »
Go into the settings.

Select each user (including the default_recipients user) on the left side.
Then for that user select the appropriate profiles on the right.

If you have any problems send me the output from your REPORT command.

If you send alerts from LUA ... you may want to rename your Vera Alert Mobil profiles to the same name as your Vera Alert Mobile ID.
This will save you in licensing fees.