Author Topic: Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin  (Read 206259 times)

Offline quie2droid

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin
« Reply #870 on: January 19, 2018, 11:03:30 am »
Holy crap, thank you for the fix.  Is there anyway to make the garage door openers show up as openers and not locks?  Thanks so much.

Change the variables of category_num to 3 and subcategory to 5 for Garage Door. See the link below for reference. Then reload the luup engine. After the luup engine restart, it shows a garage door and status but you'll see the variables reverted back to 7 and 0 respectively.

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories
Does it matter that it still is using a door lock.xml and door lock json file?  I changed this parameters and mine still show a lock. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline ember1205

« Reply #871 on: January 19, 2018, 11:18:34 am »
Is anyone else seeing intermittent functionality / loss of functionality with the latest version of the app? I'm probably seeing a 50% loss of use with mine and it was always rock solid. The app authenticates and checks in, but half the time the door doesn't automatically open when I come home (and I have a geofenced scene on my phone to open it automatically that always worked until about 2-3 months ago).

Thought I would post again to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Everything was working fine for me for an extended period. Now, the device shows that it has recently checked and authenticated, there are no errors, yet I get at least a 50% fail rate from various scenes that are either triggered off of the change of state of the door or attempt to control the door.

Noticed something else a bit odd...

At 11:20 AM today, the status showed last auth at 11:16 and last check at 16:16

As of now (see times in the pic - it's 4:31PM), last check is the same but last auth is 21:16.

What in the world is going on with these times?

Anyone have any thoughts on any of this?

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #872 on: January 19, 2018, 12:28:57 pm »
Holy crap, thank you for the fix.  Is there anyway to make the garage door openers show up as openers and not locks?  Thanks so much.

Change the variables of category_num to 3 and subcategory to 5 for Garage Door. See the link below for reference. Then reload the luup engine. After the luup engine restart, it shows a garage door and status but you'll see the variables reverted back to 7 and 0 respectively.

Does it matter that it still is using a door lock.xml and door lock json file?  I changed this parameters and mine still show a lock. 

I didn't change it so I assume it doesn't matter. Did you do a manual luup reload? I actually changed mine while I wrote the op to you.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline quie2droid

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #873 on: January 19, 2018, 08:41:25 pm »

I didn't change it so I assume it doesn't matter. Did you do a manual luup reload? I actually changed mine while I wrote the op to you.

I did a restart if the Vera plus box, and mine are showing up with a light for the icon, but still lock and unlock for the options.  So not sure what's not changing. 

Offline quie2droid

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #874 on: January 19, 2018, 10:12:47 pm »

I did a restart if the Vera plus box, and mine are showing up with a light for the icon, but still lock and unlock for the options.  So not sure what's not changing. 

And they are showing unlocked all the time. 

Offline cbaksa

« Reply #875 on: March 28, 2018, 07:56:50 pm »

How does one restart the luup engine?  I cant seem to find a way without uploading something 1st.

Thanks

Chris

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #876 on: March 28, 2018, 08:38:44 pm »

How does one restart the luup engine?  I cant seem to find a way without uploading something 1st.

Thanks

Chris

Settings > Z-Wave Settings > Advanced > Reload Engine

Offline barrytate01

« Reply #877 on: April 01, 2018, 08:52:36 pm »
does this plugin still work?  I have not been able to get it to show any devices found.

Offline Nameless

« Reply #878 on: April 01, 2018, 10:28:23 pm »
does this plugin still work?  I have not been able to get it to show any devices found.

This still works for my Liftmaster garage door opener. I thought I saw that it stopped for Craftsman a while back. I don't know About Chamberlain.

Offline gnat86

« Reply #879 on: April 15, 2018, 11:50:46 am »
Plug-in still works for me. I have two Liftmaster 8500's with My Q and I can control/monitor both. However, Vera randomly sends false positives that the 2nd door was opened which is throwing off scenes so I had to disable them (My Q doesn't show these events, and it only happens with my 2nd door).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:53:25 am by gnat86 »

Offline mcummings1

« Reply #880 on: June 18, 2018, 04:39:57 pm »
So I have gotten my MQ Chamberlain to show up on my Vera and Alexa will even close it use the "Alexa, Lock the garage door" Command. However I cannot get it to open (or Unlock). Within Alexa you can set up a voice password to unlock devices now, however it seems that Alexa and Vera are not communicating the "unlock" function. Is there a setting within Vera I have to set?

Offline melsman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #881 on: July 28, 2018, 06:17:03 pm »
If I recall correctly, Alexa is not allowed to unlock any locks by established convention.  Otherwise, someone could stand outside of your house and shout, "Alexa, unlock the door".

Melsman

Offline Nameless

« Reply #882 on: July 28, 2018, 10:54:17 pm »
So I have gotten my MQ Chamberlain to show up on my Vera and Alexa will even close it use the "Alexa, Lock the garage door" Command. However I cannot get it to open (or Unlock). Within Alexa you can set up a voice password to unlock devices now, however it seems that Alexa and Vera are not communicating the "unlock" function. Is there a setting within Vera I have to set?

The PIN setup isn't available yet with Vera, as far as I know. You can bypass the barrier by creating a scene that runs a little lua that opens the garage door. You can then control the scene with Alexa. I do this to disarm sensors that are not normally permitted by Alexa.