Author Topic: v1.2 & "Wrong Multiswitch Value"  (Read 2085 times)

Offline ChrisTheC

• Baltimore, MD & Washington, DC
v1.2 & "Wrong Multiswitch Value"
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:31:01 pm »
Hi folks,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. While configuring geofence, iViri will not let me setup button 1 on the Multiswitch. The error message is "Wrong Multiswitch Value . . . only supports numbers between 1-8 in order to control the correct portion of multiswitch!"

I changed the value to 2,3,4,5,6,7 without any trouble, but button 1 will not save without the above error message

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
openLuup with ALTUI, ALTHUE, 8x iPhoneLocators, Harmony Hub, Honeywell Wifi T-stat, Foscam Fi8608w & 2x R2, bridged to . . .
Vera 3/UI5 with Schlage BE469NX, 3x EZMotion+, 3x Ecolink PIR, 3x Schlage door sensors, 2x Aeotec micro switches, 2x Aeotec appliance switches, Leviton RZM10 & DZMX1, Wemo

Offline jpete7683

Re: v1.2 & "Wrong Multiswitch Value"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:49:16 pm »
I will check the code, but I have been using v1.2 for awhile and it lets me select button one.  Have you selected Multi-Switch on the selector and then in the Multi-Switch ID field you enter the numeric value of 1 with no space and no preceding 0 or anything right/
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline ChrisTheC

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 06:11:05 am »
I will check the code, but I have been using v1.2 for awhile and it lets me select button one.  Have you selected Multi-Switch on the selector and then in the Multi-Switch ID field you enter the numeric value of 1 with no space and no preceding 0 or anything right/

The field Vera Device ID: I have set to the ID of the Multiswitch in Vera (83 in my case)
The field MultiSwitch 1-8: is the "Multi-Switch ID" I believe you are referring to above, so . . .

Yes to the above. Also, a little more weirdness. For the heck of it, I changed the ID to button 8, clicked save, and the Geofence disappeared. Also, (with 4 geofences configured to buttons 2,3,5,7) I can select a geofence, the "Configure Geofence" screen appears, make no changes only click "Save" and the geofence will disappear. So now I only have 3 geofences. Configure another one, click save, and another one disappears. Now I only have 2 geofences.

I'm using the iPad 3 running iOS 7.0.6. Before I update to iOS 7.1.1 I'm going to try to uninstall & reinstall iViri.

I'll follow up later

Thanks for sharing your hard work jpete7683

Chris
openLuup with ALTUI, ALTHUE, 8x iPhoneLocators, Harmony Hub, Honeywell Wifi T-stat, Foscam Fi8608w & 2x R2, bridged to . . .
Vera 3/UI5 with Schlage BE469NX, 3x EZMotion+, 3x Ecolink PIR, 3x Schlage door sensors, 2x Aeotec micro switches, 2x Aeotec appliance switches, Leviton RZM10 & DZMX1, Wemo

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 06:44:36 am »
@ChrisTheC, I don't know whether it could cause your problem but there is a bug in MultiSwitch V1.2 that does not update the BtnNames variable when you change button names. It should just keep the previous ones, though. This is fixed in V1.3 - pending approval. To be sure, you could install MultiSwitch V1.1 and then change a button name.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:24 am »
@ChrisTheC please send me your UDID of you device and register with test flight.  I will get you the BETA v1.3 of iViri to test as all issues you listed are resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline ChrisTheC

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 04:27:07 pm »
@ChrisTheC, I don't know whether it could cause your problem but there is a bug in MultiSwitch V1.2 that does not update the BtnNames variable when you change button names. It should just keep the previous ones, though. This is fixed in V1.3 - pending approval. To be sure, you could install MultiSwitch V1.1 and then change a button name.

Thanks for taking the time Rex, but I don't think that is the case here.

Since the iViri v1.2 was the first version to incorporate your MultiSwitch, I had a virgin MultiSwitch plugin (v1.1 with no customizations) installed & waiting for iViri to be available on the app store.

Chris

Offline ChrisTheC

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 04:35:42 pm »
@ChrisTheC please send me your UDID of you device and register with test flight.  I will get you the BETA v1.3 of iViri to test as all issues you listed are resolved.

OK JP, I just searched to find what a UDID is (will do). Is "test flight" testflightapp.com? If so, I will do also and email you.

Thanks,

Chris

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 04:39:16 pm »
Yes use that test flight link and register.