We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Altsteon worked for a while, but no more...  (Read 822 times)

Offline skierdude

Altsteon worked for a while, but no more...
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:07:26 pm »
I'm hoping someone can help me with what is likely something very trivial that I am overlooking.  I haven't played with this in about 6 months, and when I stopped playing around, 99% was working.  Currently I am not able to control any of my light switches from the GUI, but if I SSH into the Vera3, I am able to execute the commands:
add_device 06.D9.AA
06.D9.AA on
06.D9.AA off

As expected the light turns on and off, and I get responses as expected.  I am at a loss why the micasaverde GUI will not control anything.  I confirmed that there are no visible errors at the top of the screen, and the startup LUA contains:

local plm = "/dev/ttyUSB0"

os.execute("/overlay/sbin/altsteon -p " .. plm)

Thanks in advance for any support.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Altsteon worked for a while, but no more...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:31:09 pm »
While in the altsteon command interface, reload Vera via the reload button in the Web interface. See what gets outputted in the console.

- Garrett

Offline skierdude

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, it is slowly coming back to me now.  Can you remind me how to watch the command window as I execute the commands from the GUI (or reload as you suggested)?  I believe that altsteon_cli only gives me the ability to pass commands, and altsteon starts the daemon, and I don't see any other executables in the folder.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 02:49:00 am »
I have not used altsteon in some time, but you should be able to run the altsteon daemon manually, temporarily remove the startup line from the lua startup and run the altsteon daemon with the debug options. This will just make sure that Vera is passing the commands over to altsteon.

- Garrett