We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How do I add Minimote?  (Read 38725 times)

Offline chixxi

Re: How do I add Minimote?
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 10:02:18 am »
I think it should be possible now. We just have to wait for one of the zwave super gurus to help us out :)

We should offfer a MiniMote as a gift to one of those guru's and hope he'll go crazy about it not working and then solving the problem  ;D
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 04:36:36 am »
Also no luck whatsoever on (supposedly) 1.17 Minimote firmware, MiOS firmware 1.1.1245.  The VersionInfo field never gets any text, and Capabilities only sometimes shows "18,150,0,1,1,1,B,|112,114,133,134,155,".

If someone who has actually got this to work could post screenshots of their Advanced tab, I could see if it's a case of Vera Can't Configure Minimote, or if it's more fundamental.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 04:54:34 am »
...If someone who has actually got this to work...

Well the remote is not working with vera, but in my case the version info and the capabilities are always shown, doesn't depend if I add it as a normal zwave device or as a secondary controller. The device name is also set to "_MiniMote" automatically when device is added. See attached screen shots of my advanced tab.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:58:15 am by chixxi »
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 06:39:15 am »
I'm imagining that the custom configuration info would need to look something like this, but I can't get close to the point where the thing will configure.  It always ends at "Failed at: Purging Associations".

It seems that holding the Learn button down puts the Minimote in "wakeup" mode.  This might be necessary but it isn't sufficient.

chixxi, thanks for your screen caps; I agree that yours doesn't look complete either.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 08:40:06 am »
[...] one of those guru's and hope he'll go crazy about it not working and then solving the problem
BTW, I asked the uberguru yesterday to comment on what environment leads to a working MiniMote per the wiki; nothing yet.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline chixxi

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 10:40:03 am »
Aeon Labs just provided the following Information to me:

...as a secondary controller to the network, you are sending out Scene Activation Command Class Value 1-8 depending on button pressed and if it was tapped or held.  i hope this helps.

So I guess we need to get the Vera to understand these commands, but I have no clue how to achieve that.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2011, 07:30:25 am »
IT IS WORKING ON VERA2 RUNNING UI5 FIRMWARE 1.5.233 ON VERA AND 1.17 ON MINIMOTE:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8630.0.html

Finally, thanks to everybody for trying, reading and waiting  8)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2011, 08:07:45 am »
IT IS WORKING ON VERA2 RUNNING UI5 FIRMWARE 1.5.233 ON VERA AND 1.17 ON MINIMOTE:
Nice! 8)

In the absence of a response from MCV as to what configuration was used to write the wiki page, I've updated it to reflect users' findings.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline achalhoub

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 03:16:43 am »
wow Great news! i have a vera2 and running UI4. I am reluctant to upgrade since I have read issues with plugins. Is there any ways this could work with UI4? (anyways i tried the http://cp.mios.com/firmware to upgrade to UI5 and it could not find my machine) Any suggestions?

Offline avans

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2011, 11:53:48 pm »
wow Great news! i have a vera2 and running UI4. I am reluctant to upgrade since I have read issues with plugins. Is there any ways this could work with UI4? (anyways i tried the http__://cp.mios.com/firmware to upgrade to UI5 and it could not find my machine) Any suggestions?

Try to disable password on Vera 2, then it will find your machine.