We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How do I add Minimote?  (Read 38865 times)

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
Re: How do I add Minimote?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 11:32:53 am »
So I did some more playing with MiniMote and Vera and no matter what I cannot setup a scene in Vera and map a button on the minimote to trigger that scene.  But, I am using it as a secondary controller and it appears in Vera as one.  Here's how I did it. DO THIS IN ORDER, REVERSING will cause problems!

1) ADDING MINIMOTE AS A SECONDARY CONTROLLER
===================================
In Vera, go to Devices, Z-Wave Devices.  Bring the laptop and Minimote near Vera, and then press the LEARN button on the MiniMote – The blue LED will blink slowly.

-Press the button labeled “ADD Z-WAVE CONTROLLER” in VERA - The blue and
red LEDs will blink quickly on the MiniMote to indicate detection of the other Z-Wave controller.

- The blue LED will stay solid for 2 seconds to indicate success; the red LED will stay
solid for 2 seconds to indicate failure.  You'll see the Z-wave activity in Vera and it will say CONFIGURING.  In a few minutes you should see the new SCENE CONTROLLER device in Vera.  Assign it a room and name it MiniMote

2) Creating Scenes/Adding Devices to the MiniMote buttons:
===========================================
Creating Scenes (and Removing Z-Wave Devices from Scenes)
1. Press and hold the scene button you wish to configure (top of enclosure) – The blue
LED will blink quickly after 1 second to show that it is ready to add/remove a device
from the scene.
2. Press the Z-Wave button on the product you wish add/remove (while still holding
the scene button from the previous step) - The blue LED on the Minimote will stay
solid to indicate the device has entered the scene.*
3. While still holding the scene button from Step-1, adjust the level of the
Lamp/Shade/product to the desired level.
4. Release the scene button to complete adding the device to the scene at the device’s
current level.
5. You can add several devices to a scene button, just walk to each device and add it into
the same scene button as you did with the first device.

* Note: If the product is already a part of that particular scene, it will be removed from
that scene the second time steps #1-4 are repeated for that particular product in that
scene.
Note: Z-Wave devices must be first added/included into the same network as the
Minimote in order to create a scene with that device.

WHY THE MINIMOTE?
===============
It's a super small scene controller, keep one in the car to turn on the porch lights, it fits in my coin tray in my jeep. 
I also use one in the kitchen, used a double sided tape to stick it to the wall and I can now turn on and off all lights, or just the scenes I setup in the MiniMote to turn on just the kitchen lights, etc.

Lets hope MCV works with Aeon Labs to get the MiniMote working so we can trigger event in vera based on the scene button pushed.  I tried 0,1,2,3,4 and had no luck with this method.  I have other GE remotes/controllers that work just fine with this, just not the minimote :(
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline B0SST0N

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 01:48:37 pm »

Lets hope MCV works with Aeon Labs to get the MiniMote working so we can trigger event in vera based on the scene button pushed.  I tried 0,1,2,3,4 and had no luck with this method.  I have other GE remotes/controllers that work just fine with this, just not the minimote :(

MCV,

Is this a known issue and are you working on it?

Thanks MHS for the writeup...

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 04:19:54 pm »
Let me add my thanks. myhomeserver, this was tremendously helpful. My experience wasn't without a few glitches, however. Both my minimotes were recognized by Vera just fine, and that hadn't been a problem before. Using your instructions, some devices added in just fine and worked immediately. Others only worked after numerous deletes and re-adds. It was a bit tricky to get the switched load on my Leviton 4 scene controller, but I finally found that holding the mini's button, then holding buttons 2 and 4 on the scene controller ( to put the switched load in program mode) then pushing the number one button on the scene controller added it to the mini successfully. In fact, I had all but given up on adding one particular Leviton wall dimmer switch, but I tried it again today (must have been the tenth time) and it worked right off the bat. I have no idea why it worked this time and not yesterday or the day before. I charged both minis and they seem to be working consistently for now.

I, too, would like the minis to be able to activate Vera scenes, but for now I'm happy to have them working directly with devices. Thanks again.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 05:21:48 pm »
Ditto on the thanks myhomeserver, still hoping to run scenes with it one day, but I'll put it to some use for now with your directions
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 06:29:31 pm »
Are there any updates on Minimote running scenes? Is it scene capable? Can we get it supported? Would be nice as it's very handy inexpensive remote...
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 01:07:32 pm »
bump: waiting for same
How about it MCV (or anyone) any progress?
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline myhomeserver

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 12:04:00 pm »
I attempted to try scene 0, 255 as well as 1,2,3,4 and still no go with scenes.  Ive asked Aeon Labs to synch up with MCV, this has got to be something simple!
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline myhomeserver

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 11:14:58 am »
Does the MiniMote now work with the latest UI3 firmware?   I'd like to know what scene numbers work with the buttons, I can't get it to activate a scene. 
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline myhomeserver

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 08:45:55 pm »
FYI, for those interested in adding MiniMote to work with Scenes in Vera, I contacted Aeon Labs and CC'd MCV management

here is what I got from Aeon Labs Management below, and they CC'd MCV management on the reply.  I don't think this will help us end users, ,but lets hope MCV adds in full support for MiniMote due to this.

FROM AEON LABS:
==============

Our Minimote has the ability to send any and all command classes available in Z-Wave or execute any scene using the "Association Command Configuration Command Class".  Please find the attached engineering specification to do this as well as an in depth example below.

The following commands should work with your Minimote in order to have it send Basic Set 1 when button 1 is pressed, Basic Set 2 when button 2 is pressed and so on to your gateway.  These can be sent to any node ID from the minimote.

FORMAT OF DATA:
1) Setting Button #1 to send Basic Set 1
ZW_SendData(Configuration CC, Configuration Set, 241, 1, 1); - Changes the function on Button #1 to being Z-Wave programmable.
ZW_SendData(Association Command Configuration CC, Command Config Set, 0, nodeID to receive transmission, 3, Basic CC, Basic Set, 1); - A tap on Button #1 will send Basic Set 1 to the NodeID.

EXAMPLES:
1) Setting Button #1 to send Basic Set 11 to NodeID 77.
ZW_SendData(0x70, 0x04, 241, 1, 1);
ZW_SendData(0x9B, 0x03, 0, 77, 3, 0x20, 0x01, 11);

2) Setting Button #2 to send Basic Set 22 to NodeID 77.
ZW_SendData(0x70, 0x04, 242, 1, 1);
ZW_SendData(0x9B, 0x03, 40, 77, 3, 0x20, 0x01, 22);

3) Setting Button #3 to send Basic Set 33 to NodeID 77.
ZW_SendData(0x70, 0x04, 243, 1, 1);
ZW_SendData(0x9B, 0x03, 80, 77, 3, 0x20, 0x01, 33);

4) Setting Button #4 to send Basic Set 44 to NodeID 77.
ZW_SendData(0x70, 0x04, 244, 1, 1);
ZW_SendData(0x9B, 0x03, 120, 77, 3, 0x20, 0x01, 44);

5) Setting Button #5 to send Basic Set 55 to NodeID 77.
ZW_SendData(0x70, 0x04, 245, 1, 1);
ZW_SendData(0x9B, 0x03, 160, 77, 3, 0x20, 0x01, 55);

6) Setting Button #6 to send Basic Set 66 to NodeID 77.
ZW_SendData(0x70, 0x04, 246, 1, 1);
ZW_SendData(0x9B, 0x03, 240, 77, 3, 0x20, 0x01, 66);
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline markd

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 04:50:02 pm »
Bump.  I recently bought a Vera and minimote and would really like to see these devices work together.  I'm using UI2 + Vera 2.

I'm being stupid here but is it possible to get the Minimote controlling individual devices through Vera as well as Scenes?

Offline myhomeserver

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 11:34:33 am »
Mine still won't control scenes, but I do have it as a secondary controller and it's working fine with my Vera on UI4 Beta
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline markd

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 01:09:08 pm »
I'm new to this so please can you tell me what is meant by 'secondary controller'.  I thought that Vera would 'see' the Minimote (which it does) and that I would be able to add devices to the buttons via Vera?  Is this what you mean?  Or are you working with the minimote directly controlling the devices without using Vera?

Many thanks for you help

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 02:43:54 pm »
Ping.

Is there any work being done to make Minimote work with Vera using scenes?
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 02:59:53 pm »
It would be amusing to try something like:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1","SendData",{Node="70", Data="..."}, 1)

and work out what combination of the "Data" parameter resulted in the "right" ZWave messages going out over the wire (enable that level of logging in Vera's /etc/cmh/cmh.conf and watch the logs)

I'm sure with some experimentation, the above commands could be "sent out" via a Plugin, if someone had the time to experiment....

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 02:43:44 am »
sorry to dredge up an old thread but any news MCV? Is the minimote going to to be supported to run scenes?