Author Topic: Vera Proximity New Android Applications  (Read 50425 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: Vera Proximity New Android Applications
« Reply #285 on: February 27, 2017, 11:21:54 pm »
You can change things in the Settings to suit your needs.

Offline pls90

Feature request - Vera Proximity to scan for bt beacons
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2017, 06:16:30 am »
Richard,
on my new phone vera proximity is working quite nicely.
I setup some logic to automatically open my garage door when I pull into my driveway.
I am using a beacon scanner app on my android phone to detect a beacon in my car which toggles a multiswitch on vera "Peter_in_car" to on or off.
I need this so that the garage door is only opened when I return home by car.
Only downside to this is that I am only able to set the switch as long as I am home. When I leave the car when not in reach of my  home wifi the switch is not toggled.
Beeing on UI7 I see no way to do this remotely as the old UI5 approach doesn't work any more
Code: [Select]
https://fwd7.mios.com/user/pwd/vera_id/data_request?id=lu_action&DeviceNum=xx&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=0
Vera proximity has everything we need to accomplish this (remote authentication, ability to flip switches)
All we need would be the ability to scan for a beacon within the app and then trigger some actions (scenes, switch, etc.)

After all, VP has "proximity" in it's name  :)

What do you think?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2017, 11:25:32 am »
You might look into Tasker ... there is a plugin that enables remote access to Vera from tasker.

I have been waiting for a feature in Android that IOS implemented about a couple of years ago ...

Offline pls90

« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2017, 12:24:28 pm »
I tried tasker but the autovera plugin is a monthly subscription. I'd rather pay you for an upgrade :D

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2017, 03:23:02 pm »
I did not know o
It had a subscription... I am busy on a project right now ... but I will look into this a little later this year.

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2017, 11:05:25 pm »
Richard,
on my new phone vera proximity is working quite nicely.
I setup some logic to automatically open my garage door when I pull into my driveway.
I am using a beacon scanner app on my android phone to detect a beacon in my car which toggles a multiswitch on vera "Peter_in_car" to on or off.
I need this so that the garage door is only opened when I return home by car.
Only downside to this is that I am only able to set the switch as long as I am home. When I leave the car when not in reach of my  home wifi the switch is not toggled.
Beeing on UI7 I see no way to do this remotely as the old UI5 approach doesn't work any more
Code: [Select]
https://fwd7.mios.com/user/pwd/vera_id/data_request?id=lu_action&DeviceNum=xx&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=0
Vera proximity has everything we need to accomplish this (remote authentication, ability to flip switches)
All we need would be the ability to scan for a beacon within the app and then trigger some actions (scenes, switch, etc.)

After all, VP has "proximity" in it's name  :)

What do you think?
I use Automate and authomation android apps to do this exact thing. Automate is similar to tasker and can access vera through the authomation app which exposes as tasker compatible plugin. How I have done it is using a automate's built proximity and Bluetooth triggers so that when my phone approaches my home it checks if I'm connected to my car hands-free and if so pops up a request dialogue asking if I want to run the scene on my vera. The scene on my vera opens the garage door and unlocks the access door , and if it is night it also turns on the garage lights

Offline pls90

« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2017, 01:14:51 am »
richard, thanks a lot for considering.
baxy_AU, i didnt know about automate. will look into this today. thank you for sharing.

Offline DeAmelia

« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2017, 11:20:19 pm »
Greetings,

I'm having a reliability problem with Vera Alerts.

I have three fences set up around my home:  Inner (0.2 miles), Middle (4 miles) and Outer (50 miles).    Entering/Exiting the Inner fence works 100% of the time, but entering/exiting the Middle/Outer fences has at best a 50/50 chance of working.   I have all three setup the same in Vera Alerts, except that the three fences trigger different scenes in the Vera.

When it fails, the Status display in Vera Alerts is not showing entering/exiting the fences.

Besides the radius, another thing different between the fences is I cross Inner at about 25 mph in my neighborhood, Middle at 45 mph, and Outer at 75 mph on the Interstate.   All have good cell coverage, and based on running a GPS logger in parallel, I'm seeing no GPS dropouts.

Is there a different setting I should be using on the Middle/Outer fences?

Thanks

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2017, 05:32:49 am »
Turn on Logging in the APP.
Then when it fails ... send me the log ... indicate the time when you crossed a zone and it did not work.