Author Topic: Vera Proximity New Android Applications  (Read 70854 times)

Offline Mike Yeager

Re: Vera Proximity New Android Applications
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2018, 04:49:24 pm »
Does this app constantly report home and consume data or just when it actually runs an action? Also, how many retries does it make (if any) when an action doesn't run successfully?

Offline pls90

« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2018, 01:59:24 am »
I think it only sends data when a fence is tripped. It is light on the battery.
When sending of an action fails it will try 2 more times after a short time.
Sadly this is not configurable in the app (I asked Richard but couldn't convince him).
Apart from that little snag which causes a problem when leaving my house in a certain direction which has no cell coverage (my specific personal problem) I can wholeheartedly recommend the app.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2018, 10:04:52 am »
Right now, I'm using AutoVera to change a multiswitch when I enter and exit a geofence (AutoLocation). I realize this is 2 extra plugins, but I use them for other things as well. I am in a testing phase with this as I was using a ping sensor to detect our phones being at the house but that has become unreliable. With the method I'm currently testing, I can detect whether or not the action was successful, wait a certain amount of time, and try again up to a certain number of times. This basically sounds like what the proximity app does except it's all wrapped into one place with the app. :-)

Offline gdme

« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2018, 06:09:56 pm »
Hi all,

I'm in Australia and I can't seem to find VeraProximity on the Google Play store.

Have I missed something?

Thanks!

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2018, 03:28:53 pm »
It should be back soon ... I was removed because I did not answer a NEW Question. They wanted to know if my APP was targeted to kids.

Offline gdme

« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2018, 02:00:30 am »
No worries, sheesh, the amount of complaining I see online about these sorts of things with the App Stores is incredible  :-[

Available now anyway, thanks Richard  8)

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2018, 06:21:35 pm »
Is there a tuning recommendation to make Vera Proximity more reliable? For the three Android Pie devices I have running VP, they each have a .5 mile fence. On my Vera I have a multi-switch that will turn on or off depending on if you are entering or exiting the fence. After a couple of days, the app appears to stop sending the actions and my multi-switch remains in its previous state.

For example I returned home from a trip this morning and I can see the Fence Entry. But I left about 45 minutes later and returned again about 90 minutes after that. There are no entries in my Status window.

My daughter has two fences set on her phone. One fence to see she is home/away. The other to see when she arrives/leaves school. Today, neither of these triggered. My Vera think she is at home today, which then messes with my Home/Away settings. And yes, I have disabled my battery optimization. What else can I enable/disable to make it more accurate? I have tried using Additional Sensors, for less false positives, but I see no change. I have used the Rapid update with a 1 minute run time, either entering or exiting.

Last topic of note. Vera Proximity has a small GUI issue with Android 9 (Pie.) When I am setting up my action to turn on or off my multi-switch, I cannot scroll and see ALL of the switch options. If I rotate the phone to landscape, I see a few more, but I can never see the very top item. This worked perfectly in Android 8 and 8.1. Android 9 is now publicly available.

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2018, 07:45:00 am »
I just found the Vera Proximity Android app a few weeks ago and so far it has been working grate!
I use it to send me notifications for when my son leaves home and gets to school and the other way around.
Thanks Richard for yet another awesome Vera addon.
- Tomas

Offline Jamr

« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2018, 02:35:57 am »
After many months of no geofence with Vera and Android, I am finally testing this out. Seems to be working great. Thank you for it.
Are you still actively working on this?
If I missed it, I do apologize. How do I set up 2 people with 2 different mobiles with the same fence locations connected to one Vera to only trigger away mode when they both leave the fence either together or at separate times?

Again, I don't remember seeing this being discussed anywhere. Sorry if I missed it.

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2018, 02:35:28 am »
Is there a tuning recommendation to make Vera Proximity more reliable? For the three Android Pie devices I have running VP, they each have a .5 mile fence. On my Vera I have a multi-switch that will turn on or off depending on if you are entering or exiting the fence. After a couple of days, the app appears to stop sending the actions and my multi-switch remains in its previous state.

For example I returned home from a trip this morning and I can see the Fence Entry. But I left about 45 minutes later and returned again about 90 minutes after that. There are no entries in my Status window.

My daughter has two fences set on her phone. One fence to see she is home/away. The other to see when she arrives/leaves school. Today, neither of these triggered. My Vera think she is at home today, which then messes with my Home/Away settings. And yes, I have disabled my battery optimization. What else can I enable/disable to make it more accurate? I have tried using Additional Sensors, for less false positives, but I see no change. I have used the Rapid update with a 1 minute run time, either entering or exiting.

Last topic of note. Vera Proximity has a small GUI issue with Android 9 (Pie.) When I am setting up my action to turn on or off my multi-switch, I cannot scroll and see ALL of the switch options. If I rotate the phone to landscape, I see a few more, but I can never see the very top item. This worked perfectly in Android 8 and 8.1. Android 9 is now publicly available.

I have the same issue with my Xiaomi Pocophone, but I am still on Android 8.1. to you use Xiaomi phones as well (With Miui 10)?