We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Proximity New Android Applications  (Read 74816 times)

Offline clippermiami

Re: Vera Proximity New Android Applications
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2014, 11:59:42 am »
I'm having a similar problem but only on one of the two phones on which it's installed. Both phones are Galaxy S5's, mine appears to work but my wife's never reports to Vera that it's away from the home fence and it never indicates on the phone locally

In addition it shows in the notification panel but not all the time on either phone, sometimes it just disappears so have idea it's working.
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline mikee123

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 09:02:11 am »
On my Android Vera proximity app, under Actions, I have my geofences in grey. They have a tick box, what is it for ? Also, when I click on the grey geofence, under it I can see the fence with its radius and the settings button. There is also a possibility to tick it. What does that do ?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2014, 02:36:21 pm »
It is used in combination with the map and delete icons.

For map it will make sure the location is on the map.

For delete it will delete any checked items.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2014, 02:56:03 am »
Ok thanks, I tried it with delete but it didn't delete it. Probably me pressing wrong buttons. Another question. I am trying to use Vera proximity to replace my autolocation, which gave me a few problems lately with switching me to away while i'm at home... so I have implemented my to geofences to Vera proximity. I have created 2 around my home, one small (0.16) and a larger (0.7). The larger one is used to switch on rapid updates, set to 1 min. I have another for work. I had the similar settings for my autolocation plugin, except for the larger home fence and rapid updates. While Vera proximity with these settings works even better and more reliable than autolocation, I noticed quite an increase in battery drain. Instead of having to charge the phone once a day I now have to charge twice a day which is very annoying. Is there anything I can do to reduce battery drain ? I believe autolocation and vera proximity use the same method to establish a location, so battery consumption should be similar ish ?

Offline mikee123

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2014, 09:30:05 am »
Can I temporarily disable Vera proximity completely ?

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 10:13:47 am »
Can I temporarily disable Vera proximity completely ?

Yes - you can do this by using Android Settings, selecting Apps, selecting Vera Proximity and clicking the Disable button.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:55 am »
I have not got disable, I have uninstall and force stop. I have forced stop the app, so its not running now. But once I restart the phone it will restart the app, correct ? Is there a way to disable the app even with a restart ? I do not want to uninstall as I still want to test against autolocation, and want to keep my settings

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 12:02:41 pm »
What version of Android are you running? The Disable button is on my HTC One running 4.4.2 but that maybe because I have it in Developer mode.

Like you I suspect that Force Stop will only hold until you reboot your phone.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 02:25:47 pm »
It did not even stop until the next reboot, 1 hour later it was running again. I have uninstalled it, as it was draining my battery like a hoover on steroids. Until i know how i can change the settings to get the battery consumption under control (I have a description of what i did earlier in this thread) there is no point testing any more, for the time being i have reverted back to autolocation (which also has tasker integration which i use)
I have a Samsung S4 on 4.4.2 but not in developer setting

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2014, 02:52:36 pm »
@Mike123 you Brits have a great sense of humor.

I have a release that may solve the problems. I have been siting on it for a few weeks testing it.

What is happening is that Vera Proximity keeps the device awake for 30 seconds, and even longer if you specify a rapid updates interval, every time the underlying engine reports a fence transition.

The new logic also verifies motion and ignores events when the phone is not reporting motion from the other secondary sensors.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2014, 03:54:27 pm »
I'm so happy!  ;D

@Mike123 you Brits have a great sense of humor.

I have a release that may solve the problems. I have been siting on it for a few weeks testing it.

What is happening is that Vera Proximity keeps the device awake for 30 seconds, and even longer if you specify a rapid updates interval, every time the underlying engine reports a fence transition.

The new logic also verifies motion and ignores events when the phone is not reporting motion from the other secondary sensors.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:59:05 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline mikee123

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2014, 02:44:12 am »
That sounds good Richard, I definitely want to give it another go. Are you considering tasker integration ? That really would be a very good addition, I use it a lot with autolocation. I can get round that with Vera proximity by using autovera and a few more multi switches on Vera, but it is a lot more complicated, and uses up more devices on Vera.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2014, 01:45:24 pm »
That sounds good Richard, I definitely want to give it another go. Are you considering tasker integration ? That really would be a very good addition, I use it a lot with autolocation. I can get round that with Vera proximity by using autovera and a few more multi switches on Vera, but it is a lot more complicated, and uses up more devices on Vera.

Ditto.

For several weeks I've been testing VP extensively on 2 different phones... VP is less consistent that using Tasker Network Location. Sometime VP is spot on (I use one fence to turn on GPS and another to tell Vera "I'm home")... most of the time the I'm Home fence does not trigger until I'm in my driveway, or even 90 seconds after I'm in my garage... about 2 minutes and 400 yards from the fence line.  I have Android's High Accuracy on at all times.

I use Tasker for several things, so having a single place for setting everything is ideal. And can also VP so I can get use of both location services (VP & Tasker)

[feature requests]
VP's Notification Bar icon to open the app - This is how all other icons work, would be nice to have this for VP
Disable VP from within the app itself - one-click feature to disable VP completely without using the OS's app menus. Tasker and many other apps allow this from within their app.
Map logging/tracking feature - will help troubleshoot and see how accurate VP is. It would be great to be able to pull up a map and see dots with days/times for when the event was triggered... in other words, when & where did VP detect a fence was crossed.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2014, 03:25:55 pm »
I just released what I have been trusting for weeks.
All good ideas ... I will add to the list.
Have to complete my UI7 work first.

Then latest version extends the time out for accessing Vera data ... Needed when you are remote and want to configure settings.

Also I do ignore fence transitions unless other sensor (acceleration, rotation ...) indicate motion.

Offline pls90

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2014, 03:45:48 pm »
Just updated.
I am now able to configure vera actions, great!
One issue though: when i change to edit mode to change my fences and then try to open the menu VP crashes.
Will continue testing.