We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Proximity New Android Applications  (Read 81059 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: Vera Proximity New Android Applications
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2014, 07:14:20 pm »
Also I do ignore fence transitions unless other sensor (acceleration, rotation ...) indicate motion.

I installed the latest and it is still not triggering properly... is it possible is it not properly detecting motion? All my testing is while in a car... so doing 15-25 mph.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2014, 12:50:58 am »
I have tested this for weeks ...  If I touch my phone when in a poor signal area it will allow geo-fence triggers ...

Send me  a debug log file. It could be something device specific in the sensors.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2014, 11:12:16 am »
I have tested this for weeks ...  If I touch my phone when in a poor signal area it will allow geo-fence triggers ...

Send me  a debug log file. It could be something device specific in the sensors.

emailed via the app.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »
Richard after updating both mine and my wife's phones last night neither of our phones are reporting geofence changes. We are both on different custom roms. She has an S4 and I have a note 3. Both running 4.4.
Supposed to flip more then one multiswitch and didn't flip off home when we left and didn't flip on work when I got here.  Was working flawless before this. I see how to email a debug file. Is it error or debug or which you need. And do I have to start recording before or something.  Can you give me the steps to send you my log. Thanks.

EDIT: I sent you something, hope it helps or was right.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:57:16 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2014, 01:15:47 pm »
Simple fix ... I will get it out later today.

Offline pls90

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2014, 02:12:36 pm »
On leaving my inner and outer fence VP crashed. Entering doesn't cause any problems, voice alert is issued, but my virtual switch isn't flipped.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2014, 05:59:57 pm »
Release with reported bug fixed (sorry I should have caught that) and two requested enhancements:
   1) Click on Notification to pop up app.
   2) Ability to disable App.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2014, 08:24:34 pm »
WOW, Richard your fast!

Installed the Update, seems to work fine for now. Still testing tho.

Offline pls90

« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2014, 01:47:16 am »
With the updated version no more crashes.
Still, on entering my inner fence no action in vera is triggered.
On entering the outer fence is set rapid update to one second and disable it in the inner fence. While entering the outer fence is detected spot on, the inner one with a radius of 0.05 is only detected with a delay of 5 to 10 sec. So I am usually right in front of my doorstep until VP realizes I'm home. No good for opening the gate.
Even when home where rapid update should be disabled quite often I see gps updating every second.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2014, 02:18:30 am »
With the updated version no more crashes.
Still, on entering my inner fence no action in vera is triggered.
On entering the outer fence is set rapid update to one second and disable it in the inner fence. While entering the outer fence is detected spot on, the inner one with a radius of 0.05 is only detected with a delay of 5 to 10 sec. So I am usually right in front of my doorstep until VP realizes I'm home. No good for opening the gate.
Even when home where rapid update should be disabled quite often I see gps updating every second.

Rapid update on the outer fence should be on for a few min. not 1 sec.

So when you enter the outter fence your phone checks for position rapidly for a few minutes until you pass the inner fence.

When you get so close to your house, your phone wants to connect to wifi and during the switch over it causes no internet and a delay to resend. Also reception in your area could also affect it.

If it always opens late set the fence bigger.   .05 is cutting it to the min. I would run anyways on your house.

Offline pls90

« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2014, 03:27:04 pm »
Thank you @integlikewhoa. I completely misinterpreted what the rapid update period was! I thought it was the interval after which gps is evaluating my location. I'll try 2min then.

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2014, 03:47:44 pm »
Thank you @integlikewhoa. I completely misinterpreted what the rapid update period was! I thought it was the interval after which gps is evaluating my location. I'll try 2min then.

So if i understand this correctly the Rapid Update is the PERIOD for which you want the rapid update to run, NOT the speed with which it runs, which I gather then is internally  set. I had been using it as if it were how often the update should fire. I will correct mine, maybe it will work better  :)
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2014, 04:31:27 pm »

So if i understand this correctly the Rapid Update is the PERIOD for which you want the rapid update to run, NOT the speed with which it runs, which I gather then is internally  set. I had been using it as if it were how often the update should fire. I will correct mine, maybe it will work better  :)

Yes. This is the time you want your phone to be on the look out for the next up coming fence.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2014, 04:42:29 pm »
Richard,
I'm still not getting the fence to trigger in a reasonable time, almost ever. I have, and always had, 2 fences - the first turns on GPS and has Rapid Update. Then the inner fence is several hundred yards inside that. Usually it has a least a minute or two before it hits the inner fence - yet, it is not triggering even a minute or two after it crosses the inner fence.

I'll send another log.

thx for looking.

Offline pls90

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2014, 03:21:49 pm »
After changing the rapid period to a value of a couple of minutes my fences are detected quite accurately. Occasionally there is a little hiccup (leaving immediately followed by entering my outer fence), but overall I am very happy with detection. The issue I still have that my virtual switch is not flipped. Is there a way to see if a command is actually sent to my vera? It would be nice if VP would integrate with VA to get some notifications.