We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Proximity New Android Applications  (Read 76407 times)

Offline tp546

Re: Vera Proximity New Android Applications
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »
Where can I find instructions on how to use this with PLEG? I want to set up a condition for when I am not home based on my location.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2014, 01:08:27 pm »
Where can I find instructions on how to use this with PLEG? I want to set up a condition for when I am not home based on my location.

Not to be rude but you really need to read more first.

This app will allow you to turn a virtual switch in your vera on and off (you need to know what a virtual switch is, what it does and have one first) I recommend multiswitch as that one plugin will give you 8 switches that can be used for different things.

Then Install this app and get it setup to your account and which virtual switch you want to turn it on and off. You can have more then one for different areas, work, home almost home or what ever.

After this is up and working then you can use PLEG to watch the switch and use it to do what you want.

You need to take baby steps and get one at a time working first. PLEG is very complex and may not even be needed for what your trying to do. PLEG is for advanced Scenes.

What do you want to happen when your home are away?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2014, 01:28:24 pm »

Just saw we been helping you with other PLEG stuff already.

Just to get you started I would recommend you install the PING sensor plugin in VERA. It will give you a virtual switch already and it's free fast and easy. Then you can jump right to PLEG and use that plugin as an input.

Jump back over to the PLEG forum and we can help you get your action going based on that.

This app is good, allows you to setup alot of different options for work, home or where ever you want to put a geofence. But it's not stand alone and requires more setup (multiswitch being one) so for the sake of just getting you rolling I would return to this later to add redundancy to you home or away switch.

The most important thing PLEG needs is an input and that can come in the form of alot of things. I have a "Multiswitch" switch. It has 8 buttons which I have labeled for me or my wife home and other things.

So In PLEG you add that multiswitch button your using as your input. I call the inputs "iJIMHOME" and the wifes "iAdrianneHome"

from there I can make conditions here is some ideas

cBothHome = iJIMHOME and iAdrianneHome
or
cAnyoneHome = iJIMHOME or iAdrianneHome
or
cAway = !iJIMHOME and !iAdrianneHome
or
cPorchLightOn = cAnyoneHome and Night and (Night; cAnyoneHome)   This uses the day/night plugin "NIGHT"
or
cAllOff = cAway
or
cAllOff = !iJIMHOME and !iAdrianneHome

Offline tp546

« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2014, 01:30:28 pm »

Not to be rude but you really need to read more first.

This app will allow you to turn a virtual switch in your vera on and off (you need to know what a virtual switch is, what it does and have one first) I recommend multiswitch as that one plugin will give you 8 switches that can be used for different things.

Then Install this app and get it setup to your account and which virtual switch you want to turn it on and off. You can have more then one for different areas, work, home almost home or what ever.

After this is up and working then you can use PLEG to watch the switch and use it to do what you want.

You need to take baby steps and get one at a time working first. PLEG is very complex and may not even be needed for what your trying to do. PLEG is for advanced Scenes.

What do you want to happen when your home are away?

Thank so much - the multiswitch was the piece I was missing. Are there instructions for that somewhere?

Basically I have some lights and devices that I want to turn off when I am away from home and others that I want to turn on when I arrive home. Any help is appreciated :)

Offline tp546

« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2014, 01:32:00 pm »

Just saw we been helping you with other PLEG stuff already.

Just to get you started I would recommend you install the PING sensor plugin in VERA. It will give you a virtual switch already and it's free fast and easy. Then you can jump right to PLEG and use that plugin as an input.

Jump back over to the PLEG forum and we can help you get your action going based on that.

This app is good, allows you to setup alot of different options for work, home or where ever you want to put a geofence. But it's not stand alone and requires more setup (multiswitch being one) so for the sake of just getting you rolling I would return to this later to add redundancy to you home or away switch.

The most important thing PLEG needs is an input and that can come in the form of alot of things. I have a "Multiswitch" switch. It has 8 buttons which I have labeled for me or my wife home and other things.

So In PLEG you add that multiswitch button your using as your input. I call the inputs "iJIMHOME" and the wifes "iAdrianneHome"

from there I can make conditions here is some ideas

cBothHome = iJIMHOME and iAdrianneHome
or
cAnyoneHome = iJIMHOME or iAdrianneHome
or
cAway = !iJIMHOME and !iAdrianneHome
or
cPorchLightOn = cAnyoneHome and Night and (Night; cAnyoneHome)   This uses the day/night plugin "NIGHT"
or
cAllOff = cAway
or
cAllOff = !iJIMHOME and !iAdrianneHome

Awesome, thanks. I think the piece I am missing now is how do I get the proximity app to flip the switch?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »
Awesome, thanks. I think the piece I am missing now is how do I get the proximity app to flip the switch?

in the app under the settings (gear) under your fence (another gear) check vera action on the enter fence select your vera and below that click select and pick what you want to do, scene virtual, or switch miltiswitch then choose on or off and which button.

Before that hope you have your vera credentials in the settings installed. Also I think you have some free time but this app does require a key which you pay for like PLEG.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:01:56 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline tp546

« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2014, 02:12:38 pm »

in the app under the settings (gear) under your fence (another gear) check vera action on the enter fence select your vera and below that click select and pick what you want to do, scene virtual, or switch miltiswitch then choose on or off and which button.

Before that hope you have your vera credentials in the settings installed. Also I think you have some free time but this app does require a key which you pay for like PLEG.

Ahhh this all makes so much sense now! Thanks so much - I'll let you know if I have any more questions.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2014, 02:15:16 pm »
Ahhh this all makes so much sense now! Thanks so much - I'll let you know if I have any more questions.

I have even more questions today then when I started so I know you will too.   ;D

Offline tp546

« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »

I have even more questions today then when I started so I know you will too.   ;D

Okay you're right haha. Question on the multiswitch. I made one of them for when I go to sleep which I set manually on my phone by running a scene and it turns the switch on to signal that I am sleeping. I have another for when I wake up, but how do you turn the switch off as part of a scene? I can only seem to turn it on and I feel like this should be obvious...

Offline tp546

« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »
Also, I can't seem to get the switch working with the app - I have the app set to turn it on when I am inside the fence and off when I'm outside the fence, but it doesn't actually change the switch. When I go into the fence settings, the home location and the fence are both unchecked and it only allows me to check one or the other, but it doesn't seem to save because when I go back, they are both always unchecked. The app does show in the status bar that I am entering the fence and leaving it though so I have that piece setup correctly I believe.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2014, 04:17:30 pm »
Okay you're right haha. Question on the multiswitch. I made one of them for when I go to sleep which I set manually on my phone by running a scene and it turns the switch on to signal that I am sleeping. I have another for when I wake up, but how do you turn the switch off as part of a scene? I can only seem to turn it on and I feel like this should be obvious...

What UI are you on? If your on ui5......
Under the action you working on go to the advanced tab select pick device and egt your multiswitch, click add, use the new drop down to choose select status and the number of the button you want to change. Then to the right you have 3 options
0 off
1 on
-1 toggle opposite what ever it is.

All this can be found in the multi switch instructions PDF
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykZKwGsCBsAaTJiWnNKLWdvR2c/edit

2nd paragraph under "ACTIONS"

EDIT: The manual above was found and further questions can be answered here for the multiswitch.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=14453.0
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:27:59 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2014, 04:22:57 pm »
Also, I can't seem to get the switch working with the app - I have the app set to turn it on when I am inside the fence and off when I'm outside the fence, but it doesn't actually change the switch. When I go into the fence settings, the home location and the fence are both unchecked and it only allows me to check one or the other, but it doesn't seem to save because when I go back, they are both always unchecked. The app does show in the status bar that I am entering the fence and leaving it though so I have that piece setup correctly I believe.

Changes only happen when you cross the fence (sounds like you did) not only because your already inside. For example if you setup now and your inside it wont trigger until you leave and come back. I think you already did this but rather say it then not.

The only check you need to be concirned with is on the enter and exit under "VERA Action"...... Well also under your settings you can't have "Disable Actions" checked either, that will pause all actions. You can also test with local alerts and SMS if that's easier for testing. 

Offline tp546

« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

What UI are you on? If your on ui5......
Under the action you working on go to the advanced tab select pick device and egt your multiswitch, click add, use the new drop down to choose select status and the number of the button you want to change. Then to the right you have 3 options
0 off
1 on
-1 toggle opposite what ever it is.

All this can be found in the multi switch instructions PDF
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykZKwGsCBsAaTJiWnNKLWdvR2c/edit

2nd paragraph under "ACTIONS"

EDIT: The manual above was found and further questions can be answered here for the multiswitch.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=14453.0

Got it - thanks!

Offline tp546

« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2014, 04:34:49 pm »

Changes only happen when you cross the fence (sounds like you did) not only because your already inside. For example if you setup now and your inside it wont trigger until you leave and come back. I think you already did this but rather say it then not.

The only check you need to be concirned with is on the enter and exit under "VERA Action"...... Well also under your settings you can't have "Disable Actions" checked either, that will pause all actions. You can also test with local alerts and SMS if that's easier for testing.

Yeah something is wrong - I have it set to vibrate when I cross the fence and it didn't do that either. Sounds like I have everything set up correctly though so not sure what the issue is.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2014, 05:03:54 pm »
Yeah something is wrong - I have it set to vibrate when I cross the fence and it didn't do that either. Sounds like I have everything set up correctly though so not sure what the issue is.

I'm assuming there is a trial period, but I have not found what it is. That may or may not be your problem.

Make sure under setting you don't have "disable app" or diasable alerts" or "disable actions" on you can also hit the next settings menu and scroll down to the bottom below your registration key and click debug level. Set it to debug, then go outside your fence and back in then click mail debug report. Erase Richards email and enter your own to email yourself a debug log which you can post here if you can't figure it out. That will tell me if registration is expired or what the issues are.

Also geofence uses cell tower triangulation its not perfect. You phone will bounce your location around maybe a few houses down sometimes. Fences set to tight around your house will give you false readings that you left sometimes. .4 or .5 for a small house is about as tight as I go to prevent false alarms. And when you leave your house your phone has a period of no internet as it drops wifi and pics up cell towers that adds a delay. So you might be a few blocks away before it triggers.

Everyone wants a perfect trigger when you pull in or out of your driveway. But with different phones, different cell towers and reception, this is unlikly (which is why I use more then one way to tell if I'm home). Bottom line make sure you don't set your fence to small and make it bigger if you get false triggers that you left when your home. When you exit the fence don't just walk a few steps outside it. Drive around the block and give it some time to get cell service, login to your vera and make the switch.

You'll also discover the rapid update option. This wakes your phone up and put it on high alert of your position for the time you enter. I have a .50 mile outer perimeter around my house that activates rapid update for 2:00.  So each location can have more then one fence doing different things.

Also make sure in you phones Android menu under "location" you have mode to "HIGH Accuracy" for better results.