We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Proximity New Android Applications  (Read 74888 times)

Offline tp546

Re: Vera Proximity New Android Applications
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2014, 01:28:03 pm »
This is still not working - here is an updated log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/472290/Debug.txt

Please let me know how best to troubleshoot. Thanks.

Did you email it to Richard? He gets busy but he will get back to you either via that email or he might read this.

I don't see anything my untrained eyes but I only know enough to get me into trouble.

No I don't have his email so I just posted it here - if you let me know his email, I can send to him. thanks.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2014, 06:33:32 pm »
No I don't have his email so I just posted it here - if you let me know his email, I can send to him. thanks.

When you click email debug log in the app his name/email is set by default to email it to him.

But just incase here is his website which has his contact info on it.

http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/

Offline tp546

« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2014, 02:00:47 pm »

When you click email debug log in the app his name/email is set by default to email it to him.

But just incase here is his website which has his contact info on it.

http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/

Thanks - I just emailed it to him

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2015, 10:32:58 pm »
I just upgraded the APP to use the latest Google Location Service API ... It simplified the code ... that should help to reduce bugs!
Also I have been running with a lot of logging ... to identify why I was getting occasional false trips.

Occasionally it would report an incorrect GeoFence transition with a large (900M) location accuracy ... quickly followed by the correct GeoFence transition with a normal location accuracy (5-15M).
I added a new setting to set the MAX allowed location accuracy for a legal fence transition. It defaults to 100M.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2015, 10:34:34 pm »
I just upgraded the APP to use the latest Google Location Service API ... It simplified the code ... that should help to reduce bugs!
Also I have been running with a lot of logging ... to identify why I was getting occasional false trips.

Occasionally it would report an incorrect GeoFence transition with a large (900M) location accuracy ... quickly followed by the correct GeoFence transition with a normal location accuracy (5-15M).
I added a new setting to set the MAX allowed location accuracy for a legal fence transition. It defaults to 100M.

Great News.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2015, 02:39:01 am »
RTS, has this plugin been pulled from the Mios store?

When I click on the link from your website, it takes me to the Vera Alerts plugin.

Thanks

Mike
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:55 am »
It's an Android app, not a Vera plugin. You'll find it on Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rtsservices.veraproximity

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2015, 10:08:30 am »
I Never releases the Vera Proximity Plugin.
It added some features that oither location apps have that are not really needed for Home Automation.

Offline williams2353

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »
I installed Vera Proximity on a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 5.0.  The app is working, I defined a couple of geofences, and I am receiving SMS alerts.  The problem is that I can't figure out how to create a Vera action from it.  When I check "Vera Action", it opens a "Mobile Device Unlock Required" tick box (didn't check this), and a Vera: blank line.  This line appears to be a drop down, but it does not respond to any taps.  There is also a line:  "Action: Select Action" with a "Select" button, which also does not respond to taps.

Any ideas? 

Am I required to install the Vera Alerts device to make this work?

Thanks,
Tom Williams

Offline williams2353

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2015, 09:26:35 pm »
Never mind - figured it out.  Had to re-enter my mios credentials about 5 times, it finally connected.  That was the problem.

Tom

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2015, 01:00:23 am »
Actually you need to do the List Vera IDs after you enter the credentials for it to work.

Offline williams2353

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2015, 05:37:06 am »
Do you have any plans to write this app for iPhone?

Offline gwichman

« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2015, 08:19:15 pm »
not terribly intuitive.. is there documentation or a guide anywhere? ideally with some common examples people implement?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2015, 01:28:38 am »
not terribly intuitive.. is there documentation or a guide anywhere? ideally with some common examples people implement?

I have not scene any but it was pretty simple for me to setup.

I have a multiswitch setup and use more then one fence size around my house to trigger the multiswitch on and off for home and away.

Do you have any specific questions we can help with?

Offline gwichman

« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2015, 12:39:35 pm »
initially i found the app confusing.. namely when editing what i thought was my fence, there was no way to select a vera action to be triggered in line with the fence. i eventually figured out that that's because when i entered my vera credentials, i didn't click the "list id's" button (or whatever it's called.. going off memory here). that's what i mean by it not being terribly intuitive. A simple guide with screenshots setting up what most people will want to do (trigger a scene when they enter/leave their fence) would be helpful.

now that i'm past that, i'm more curious on how people are using the app that i can draw ideas from. Best practices or creative ways it's being used since we don't all need to reinvent the wheel here. e.g..

• opinions on what to set the distance to for your first fence?
  • looking for good ideas on what to have the fence do.. why reinvent the wheel?
  • should i have other fences? why? what would they do?
  • how to use such an app when there are multiple phones in the household so they don't trigger over one another
  • how to override it in cases where perhaps you have a guest over and don't want it to trigger and set the home in away mode?

mostly just looking for ideas and to avoid problems others may have solved..