We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Proximity New Android Applications  (Read 74161 times)

Offline embeeded

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Vera Proximity New Android Applications
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2016, 01:10:25 am »
Still not 100% working, sometimes doesn't pick up arrival and sometimes exit.
My wife and I have 3 fences with the same logic: 0.09, 0.6 and 0.9
on exit for all fences we set switch off and on entry for 0.09 fence we set it on.
on entry for the 0.9 entry rapid update is running for 0600.

Any tweaks are highly appreciated.

That's more then enough (to many fences so far). If it can't pickup an exit after 3 fences almost a mile out I would have to look at logs to see if it's an internet or vera issue or whats going on.

What do you have your accuracy threshold set to in the settings?

100 and use sensors is enabled.
I will enable the logs.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2016, 01:28:42 am »
Still not 100% working, sometimes doesn't pick up arrival and sometimes exit.
My wife and I have 3 fences with the same logic: 0.09, 0.6 and 0.9
on exit for all fences we set switch off and on entry for 0.09 fence we set it on.
on entry for the 0.9 entry rapid update is running for 0600.

Any tweaks are highly appreciated.

That's more then enough (to many fences so far). If it can't pickup an exit after 3 fences almost a mile out I would have to look at logs to see if it's an internet or vera issue or whats going on.

What do you have your accuracy threshold set to in the settings?

100 and use sensors is enabled.
I will enable the logs.

100 should be fine, I would try turning off the use sensors for now. It's supposed to prevent false alarms if the sensors think the phone isn't moving. I don't know for sure but in your case it might prvent the real trip from happening. Turn it off for now during testing to see what happens, I currently don't use that myself.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »

Turn on Logs Vebose.
Then paper cycle the phone.

Make a little trip around the neighborhood making notes of the time you are at various locations. You can simulate going to work and coming home.

The mail the log to yourself.
You can kind of follow what is happening and can correlate with the times you wrote down where you are at.

Offline embeeded

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2016, 03:28:06 am »
Thanks, I will to this when I find the time.

It seems that the app doesn't monitor my location when the phone's screen is off.
How frequently this app monitors the location? can I change it?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2016, 10:37:07 am »
Thanks, I will to this when I find the time.

It seems that the app doesn't monitor my location when the phone's screen is off.
How frequently this app monitors the location? can I change it?

Rapid update process does this.

Offline embeeded

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2016, 11:00:16 am »
Yes but what if the rapid update never triggers?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2016, 01:43:16 pm »
Yes but what if the rapid update never triggers?

Why would rapid update never trigger?

The app does monitor your location when the screen is off. The app actually use Googles location settings. So all those settings are set in your phone location settings menu and you should have high accuracy or GPS, WIFI, and Mobile network option turned on.

The app can force an update also. And Richard does this for several different things (which I don"t know every one of them) When you unlock the app, change your location settings or open the app it will all force a manual update at that time then it will then go back to normal checking every so often based on googles rules.

The reason why you put your phone is rapid update more then 5 min away from home (could be a mile or less depending on your city traffic and streets you take) is so if your phone is only checking for update every 2-5 min (to conserve battery) is to make sure that some time between that large rapid update fence and the small enter fence your phone wakes up and puts it in rapid update before you cross the small fence.
If your larger fence and smaller fence are too close together it is true your phone may never wake up (not enough time or distance) and poll between those two and rapid update will never be kicked in (which maybe your problem now). Unless you open the phone or app and Richards manual check kicks in and then all starts working (which also maybe where your at now).

So based on what your saying I would try a bigger outer or rapid update fence or turn on debugging and email your self the log after to see what your phone is seeing.

Offline charettepa

« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2016, 11:12:02 am »
No ... one license per Vera.

@RichardTSchaefer

is this still the case
I have used the trial and like it
I am ready to buy a lisence
my wife and I both use it

the registration server says 1 per vera per client
do i need 2 licenses
or is one still suffiient as per your previous post?

Offline gwichman

« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2016, 04:49:23 pm »
what is the point of the app's badge icon notification number? Everytime i look at my phone, the app's icon has a little number as though it has some number of notification alerts. And yet when i launch the app, i don't see any notifications or ability to see why the badge icon said "1" or "4" or whatever the number is currently. Of course once you launch the app, it disappears.

Thanks!

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2016, 05:41:16 pm »
what is the point of the app's badge icon notification number? Everytime i look at my phone, the app's icon has a little number as though it has some number of notification alerts. And yet when i launch the app, i don't see any notifications or ability to see why the badge icon said "1" or "4" or whatever the number is currently. Of course once you launch the app, it disappears.

Thanks!

This is only on samsung phones and it was discussed before in better detail then I'll explain right now. If I rem. correctly it was the # of events that have happened since the app was last opened. Fence crossing or anything.

Offline gwichman

« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2016, 06:07:25 pm »
This is only on samsung phones and it was discussed before in better detail then I'll explain right now. If I rem. correctly it was the # of events that have happened since the app was last opened. Fence crossing or anything.

thanks. In my case it's an LG G4 so it seems not limited to samsung phones. But in any case, fairly benign as i suspected. It does trigger my OCD to want the number to go away though :D

Offline charettepa

« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2016, 11:34:53 am »

@RichardTSchaefer

is this still the case

do i need 2 licenses

I can no longer use the app as it has expired
I dont want to reset and use the trial again
I am trying to pay for it
a response from the developer would be nice
since I am trying to support him and can clearly see he has been online several times and still not replied to this post or my private message

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2016, 03:09:43 pm »

@RichardTSchaefer

is this still the case

do i need 2 licenses

I can no longer use the app as it has expired
I dont want to reset and use the trial again
I am trying to pay for it
a response from the developer would be nice
since I am trying to support him and can clearly see he has been online several times and still not replied to this post or my private message

It seems he's already given you the anwser and your looking for a 2nd confirmation? Also you can purchases a single licence and test for yourself as you know your gonna need atleast one anyways and there is no discount for 2 nor do they need to be purchased at the same time for any reason. So I think you'll find you can just purchase one and that's all you'll need to continue on.

You can Also email Richard if you cant contact him via the forums. Not sure which way is faster.

Offline charettepa

« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2016, 03:20:25 pm »
I have emailed (sent private message)
his profile shows he has been on several times since my attempt to contact

he has never confirmed anything to me
I quoted a message to someone else from 2014

however as I noted
his confirmation contradicts what his license page says
so one would assume that it has possibly changed

I don't think I should have to "purchases a single licence and test for yourself"
it should not be this difficult to to get an honest answer when I am trying to support and pay for this product

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »
I have emailed (sent private message)
his profile shows he has been on several times since my attempt to contact

he has never confirmed anything to me
I quoted a message to someone else from 2014

however as I noted
his confirmation contradicts what his license page says
so one would assume that it has possibly changed

I don't think I should have to "purchases a single licence and test for yourself"
it should not be this difficult to to get an honest answer when I am trying to support and pay for this product

I purchased one for each device myself (two total). But like I said you have several options if you can't wait for a replay (which seems to be tuff). Richards full time job is not to respond to everyone's posts ASAP. I would also say that PLEG always has alot of questions and he doesn't always answer right away, even if he was online doesn't mean it was able to get to all questions for all of his plugins he creates.  Depending on how much you flooded his inbox's he may have also chosen to wait until last to respond (that's what I would have done, but not saying Richard is like me) to you.

Also You don't have to "purchases a single licence and test for yourself" but that is an option..... again your not testing you know you needed atleast one but your choosing to wait anyways. Only reason I can see to not purchase one atleast is if you feel that if you need two you will not spend the money and purchases anything at all. If that is NOT the case and you will purchase two anyways, then your really just making this much harder then it needs to. No one is going to get rich off your onetime payment of 5.95. It's a hobby not a retirement plan.