Author Topic: Backups are retained after a device is refurbished!  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Armedmetallica

Backups are retained after a device is refurbished!
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:34:01 am »
I purchased a Vera Lite from the eBay deal a few months ago, it was a refurbished unit. I am typically paranoid when it comes to cloud and all that nonsense (mine is normally behind a firewall, I only occasionally connect to install an app or something like that).

So poking around today, I noticed that lo and behold - the backups of the previous configurations are now available to me. Am I the only one that feels this is a BAD idea?

Offline mcvjulian

• Administrator
Re: Backups are retained after a device is refurbished!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:01:22 am »
Thank you for reaching out to us. We generally clean the refurbished gateways before reselling them, but it would be better to send us an email with the serial number and date of purchase to support@getvera.com so we can address this ASAP and make sure nobody else is impacted.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 06:44:00 pm »
I for one would like to have a way to delete my backups that doesn't involve a MCV support request.  If I sell my Vera privately I would feel better knowing that the person who bought it off me (and may have come to my house to pick it up) doesn't know my door lock PINs.

Offline ElGringoCurioso

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 04:25:00 pm »
This was adressed but NOTHING has changed!!!

I have just got a refurbed unit and sure enough my unit lists the old backups from previous user in May.

Not that I am interested in these old backups BUT that spagheti-logic is wrong!!!

HERE ARE COUPLE WAYS TO FIX THIS MCV:

- store backups under "user account" not under "unit_ID"

or at least:
- only show backups under "user account" ie. filter out the results of your backend query.

::)