We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Thermostat for Rheem/Ruud "A/C" unit?  (Read 1167 times)

Offline clippermiami

Thermostat for Rheem/Ruud "A/C" unit?
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:00:56 am »
Does anyone know of a thermostat that will work with this type of unit? The current thermostat is a communicating device, it constantly talks to the air handler and compressor units and reports their condition, trouble codes, etc. I'd really like to bring the A/C into the Vera fold but haven't found a way to do so. Rheem/Ruud apparently don't make a remote controlled device (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZWave, etc) of any kind ...or if they do they don't want to tell anyone about it, their Customer Service doesn't answer my emails :-)
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline Frank Houston

Re: Thermostat for Rheem/Ruud "A/C" unit?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »
I have a 17 year old RUUD unit.

Been looking at different options, without going into the handle right now I don't have a C common wire, not sure if I can hard wire one in, have a relative coming in the next week who is going to help me look.

I am looking at the CT100 (Actually, CT101 because its from Lowes) because it is the only one so far I found that will work with batteries without the C Common wire, but if I am able to get the C Common wire to work, even better.