Author Topic: iViri geofence not always updating  (Read 3883 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: iViri geofence not always updating
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 06:21:32 pm »
Thanks

Offline awake33

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 05:46:56 pm »
I'm still having issues with this as well. Sometimes it never updates at all; could be when leaving or when arriving, totally random. Sometimes it updates 15 minutes after arriving home, in which case either my wife or myself has been connected to wifi from the moment we hit the driveway.

EDIT: I should add that sometimes my phone gives me that iViri "Switch OK" message 3-4 times in a row. Aside from being annoying, it would also seem to indicate a bug of some sort.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:49:15 pm by awake33 »

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 05:49:44 pm »
I'm still having issues with this as well. Sometimes it never updates at all; could be when leaving or when arriving, totally random. Sometimes it updates 15 minutes after arriving home, in which case either my wife or myself has been connected to wifi from the moment we hit the driveway.

Turn on the Notify On Exit/Enter property under settings.  This will pop up a message immediately when you enter or exit a geofence region when the phone detects it.  If this is consistent and always does it at the same point then it could be your network or the forwarding servers being slow or not responding.  This is the first step in troubleshooting your geofence setup.  If your getting notified at spots you don't want adjust your lon/lat values using an online map on google to get coordinates that you want.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.