Author Topic: iAqualink  (Read 5402 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
iAqualink
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:30:25 pm »
https://www.iaqualink.com/en/#/overview

Anyone have the iAqualink and start working on the commands that can be sent from Vera?

I can use my phone app or a web browser to control the pool, but looking to add it to some scenes.

Offline PJJP

Re: iAqualink
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:47:57 pm »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:59:18 am »
Autelis Pool Control and Vera
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=15176.0

That's a different device that was used before iAqualink came out. Basically that is an aftermarket iAqualink.

Offline mda

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:10:08 am »
fwiw, about a year ago I asked if the iAqualink had an API and they said no. I do not know if that has changed. I use Autelis and it works well once setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:31:38 am »
fwiw, about a year ago I asked if the iAqualink had an API and they said no. I do not know if that has changed. I use Autelis and it works well once setup.

Thanks, for the info. Did you buy both Autelis and iAqualink? Seems pointless

I already did a 900.00 hardware update (RS8 main board, wifi antenna and such). I really don't feel like buying a Autelis on top which does the same. Connects the RS8 to the internet. But the iAqualink connect's wifi and I don't think Autelis does.

Offline mda

iAqualink
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 01:40:25 am »
I did not buy iAqualink because they told me it did not have an API. My Autelis is connected to my home network via wifi, and to my Jandy via a cable for data and power. The jandy just thinks it's another onetouch keypad.  if iAqualink has an API now, then no need for an Autelis if you already own iAqualink of course. I just use Autelis to connect up my jandy to my Vera.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:43:24 am by mda »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 01:51:57 am »
I did not buy iAqualink because they told me it did not have an API. My Autelis is connected to my home network via wifi, and to my Jandy via a cable for data and power. The jandy just thinks it's another onetouch keypad.  if iAqualink has an API now, then no need for an Autelis if you already own iAqualink of course. I just use Autelis to connect up my jandy to my Vera.

Ok I guess it makes more sense If you don't have an iAqualink panel.
I don't need a API really, just need to sniff a few commands. iAqualink already has scenes so I'm hoping someone already started to sniff the command line to run them. 

Offline PJJP

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 09:41:39 am »
I got the Autelis unit that interfaces with the iAqualink. Have not done too much with it yet because I'm waiting on the alpha firmware to progress a little more.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 09:19:23 am »
I got the Autelis unit that interfaces with the iAqualink. Have not done too much with it yet because I'm waiting on the alpha firmware to progress a little more.
I'm curious about this, as the pool construction contractor that visited me yesterday uses Aqualink equipment.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline PJJP

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 01:24:12 am »
After the latest Autelis update (alpha), I can do all I need with the unit. For instance,
-- Lights turn on at dark and off at midnight. (auqualink actually supports this, but it's limited). I have normal mode that is blue, and since I have three lights in the pool, plus one in the spa and another in the lounger, I can set scenes from vera via autelis to do a scene with christmas or easter color combinations.
-- Turn on spa: I get a push msg to my phone telling me the current water temp, the setpoint, and the anticipated time until it's ready. Then, heater turns on, when temp reaches desired temp, jets switch from lower to upper jets, blower turns on, and I get another notification on my phone that the spa is ready.

Offline tdinardo

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 11:31:54 am »
I'm curious about this, as the pool construction contractor that visited me yesterday uses Aqualink equipment.

Since you're looking at the Jandy stuff, here's a link to what I just installed in case it might help.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24975.15.html

Offline PJJP

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 05:12:59 pm »
tdinardo,

That's a good writeup. I too started with MDA's stuff. He sure did a lot of work with it.

I have a fairly complex system with 3 pump, water features, and various lights. What I really needed was scenes and scheduling since I alrady have the iOS app. The app works flawlessly for me and I very rarely need to reboot the whole system.

I, at least for now, went with a more simplistic approach, bypassing the thermostats. I decided that I didn't need to duplicate the functionality of the existing Auqualink iphone app, so I just implemented the following via scenes:

- LED lights on at sunset, off at 11pm
- Turn off / on Slide/waterfall/diving board waterfall.
    -If night, also turn on/off diving board internal waterfall lights
- Turn Spa heater on, then send prowl msg confirmation plus estimated heating time in minutes.
- When spa heat reaches 99?, turn on blower and additional jets, then send prowl msg that spa is ready.
-Spa off, plus prowl msg confirming it's off
-All Off

It's not as robust as MDA's full implementation, but it's really all I need to get the automation I want.